British Isles Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
MistahDave
Donation rank:

02 Nov 2016 01:06

The most important things in Wales should be Aberystwyth, the port towns to connect with Ireland and i'd say a rebuilt Cardiff. Cardiff is a beautiful city, SCS's is a joke.

Callipso
Donation rank:

02 Nov 2016 03:40

The Mad One wrote: In terms of towns, Carmarthen, Fishguard, Holyhead, Llandudno, Bangor, Aberwystwyth, Porthmadog and some Valley towns are likely in Wales.
Would not Caernarfon be a better destination than Bangor? it might leave some space to put a small settlement on Angesley. I'd also like to see Shrewsbury get worked in there on the England side of the border.
The Mad One wrote: Bristol, Barnstaple, Exeter and Penzance may appear for the West.
Exeter is pretty much something that should be there regardless, after relocating Plymouth to where it should be located there should be enough room to put at least part of the city there. Ivan was working on the road to Penzance so it would kind of be anti-climatic that is should not be at the end of the road, even if its a few buildings only.

I will only say that Devon will probably not appear for awhile due to the whole debacle on this thread already.
The Mad One wrote: Brighton, Hastings and Canterbury (and a rebuilt Eurotunnel terminal) may be added for the South.

Brighton, and maybe Eastbourne, and Hastings might be possible on the Kent coastline. Depending on weather they decide to build out Folkstone, Canterbury might be a choice otherwise those two might consume much of the space that Canterbury resides in.
The Mad One wrote: In the East, we may get Colchester, Norwich, King's Lynn and Peterborough.
Unlikely, imho to see Colchester, is quite close to Chelsford I think Ipswich would be far enough to put part of the town in. Are we keeping Felixtowe or not is the question here, its a default town that is close enough to Ipswich to be a problem. Norwich is something that should be added regardless, there are a couple of coastal cities Greater Yarmouth, Lowestoft that could also be considered after the construction of Norwich of course.
The Mad One wrote: In the North, settlements at York, Leeds, Preston, Scarborough and Middlesborough may be added.
I've thought about York and Leeds, and it seems like it might be too close to each other, though perhaps the 1:15 scale here will surprise me. Preston is good choice though it is quite close to the big two cites of Manchester and Liverpool. Lancaster might be the city that appears if there is too little room or is too close. Scarborough and Middlesborough sound dooable to me enough space not too close to anything large.

The only ones we left out are Oxford, Stoke-on-Trent, Coventry, and Leicester. Oxford should be quite dandy, maybe a university building or two there. The other three are dependent on other cities. I suggested Coventry to be added in a way similar to Croydon though all the other variables will have to be considered for these to find their way on the map.

krisz8956
Donation rank:

02 Nov 2016 07:42

Amazing work. :shock:

MistahDave
Donation rank:

02 Nov 2016 08:28

Callipso wrote:
The Mad One wrote: In terms of towns, Carmarthen, Fishguard, Holyhead, Llandudno, Bangor, Aberwystwyth, Porthmadog and some Valley towns are likely in Wales.
Would not Caernarfon be a better destination than Bangor? it might leave some space to put a small settlement on Angesley. I'd also like to see Shrewsbury get worked in there on the England side of the border.
Why do you think Caernarfon is better than Bangor?

The only thing on Angelsey should be Holyhead, as it as a ferry connection to Dublin.

Starfruit 017

02 Nov 2016 08:31

MistahDave wrote:i'd say a rebuilt Cardiff. Cardiff is a beautiful city, SCS's is a joke.
Take a look: http://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=37&t ... 36#p145136 :)
Join my forum : My Forum!

View my Projects: My Map Work

MistahDave
Donation rank:

02 Nov 2016 08:37

Holy shit!! I'll reply to you in that thread.

Doug Thompson

02 Nov 2016 11:07

Lowestoft is my home town, Great Yarmouth would be more interesting. I sometimes go to Yarmouth and see a few large coastal vessels moored up. These vessels supply the off shore wind farms. It would be interesting to take wind turbine parts to Great Yarmouth for onward shipment off shore.

Will Bournemouth which is where I grew up be possible? If not don't worry, because Southampton is close enough and that's where my HQ is.

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

02 Nov 2016 16:42

I've thought about York and Leeds, and it seems like it might be too close to each other, though perhaps the 1:15 scale here will surprise me. Preston is good choice though it is quite close to the big two cites of Manchester and Liverpool. Lancaster might be the city that appears if there is too little room or is too close. Scarborough and Middlesborough sound dooable to me enough space not too close to anything large.
If the reconstruction of Liverpool and Manchester is to take place in realistic terms, then it's wiser to leave Preston out and instead include Lancaster as it's closer to Heysham (it's also more North over Preston, so Manchester and Liverpool have more space) - the port for IOM. Leeds is also bigger and more relevant than York.

bastardikajj

02 Nov 2016 17:03

Why do not try to solve some things that are ugly and tasteless see ... for example two lines without side roads, meet meaningless lines that intersect in the intersection. I did wonder it is so hard to correct these distraction? Let's give proof of good workers please!!!

In game meet so it is seen very ugly excuse me

:(

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

02 Nov 2016 17:43

Isn't it LH drive on all of the British Isles?
Images are taken from which part of Europe?
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information