ProMods team, A BIG THANK YOU!

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

10 Oct 2016 01:19

I say thanks to them as well. Without them, they wouldn't give us that sense of adventure into other countries never experienced before in a virtual simulator. The way how ProMods captured but also devoted their hard work, skill, and effort shone during the times they made and updated the map countless times over and over. Without them, ETS2 mapping may survive but not the way we might have envisioned it. ProMods Gets a Big Thank You from me and I hope they will continue to make stunning, amazing, breathtaking, content in the years to come.

RootlessAgrarian
Donation rank:

25 Oct 2016 20:15

... the long, scenic, challenging logging road to the Nordkalk site near Kirkenes. A jaw-dropper in so many ways: beautiful scenery, extreme topography (the game needs more, more, more of these mountain roads!), white knuckle hairpins, a plank bridge (with a missing plank even!). Another fantastic discovery that makes me shake my head over the attention to detail lavished on "minor" routes (actually the best driving in the game is on the back roads imho). One reason why I particularly enjoyed this road is that the terrain is so similar to my own back yard (British Columbia, Canada) that it felt like I was driving on the logging roads of Vancouver Island! incredibly convincing and immersive.

I was really impressed by the rivers; the shifting layer of foam on top of the water gives a surprisingly good illusion of rapids. These might be the best streams/rivers I have seen thus far in the game.

Major kudos to the author(s) -- great work!
British living in Canada, over 60, Hackintosh AMD RX580/8GB, OSX Mojave
USBcycle
The Beginner's Guide to SCS Mapping (WIP)
All DLCs + ProMods (sometimes: + RusMap + SR + GreatSteppe) Level 43

RootlessAgrarian
Donation rank:

26 Oct 2016 21:19

Whoever modelled the smelter town of Nikel, Russia: great work. I got out of the truck and flew around it to have a better look, and I was really impressed. Even areas that are not visible from the road (stuff you would never see from the truck) are completely modelled. Level of detail is remarkable. The whole region --Northern Finland to Svalbard -- has been terrific to discover, and Nikel is a particular showpiece. It's one of the things I would show people to explain why I'm so hooked on the game, and I think this region (like several other PM gems) sets a really high standard for map modders to live up to. Everybody has different favourite spots for various reasons, and this is firmly one of mine. I even bought a garage there :-) [my ambition is to own garages in all the most remote corners of the map. Very dumb strategy as far as profit-seeking, but great for sight-seeing because I can Quick Travel to my favourite areas.]

Kudos to the modeller of Nikel. Murmansk is pretty darned good too (it hurts my gpu some), but Nikel is imho awesome.
USBcycle

RootlessAgrarian
Donation rank:

02 Nov 2016 20:51

I shifted my territory to southern France / northern Spain for a change of light and climate, and have to send some more hand-waving kudos to whoever modelled this region. The highway from Barcelona to Andorra, through the Pyrenees, is awesome! I only wish it were longer :-) the cities are remarkably detailed; I travelled to Bilbao and was blown away by the huge docklands, very realistic and especially atmospheric at night. Another artistic, deeply satisfying area to explore (highly recommended to anyone who hasn't been here yet). The mountainsides are particularly good, the mix of plant species is very convincing. Barcelona hurts my GPU :-) it's so detailed. There are a few signs of "world under construction" here and there (toll roads charging $0, vegetation peeking up through the pavement in spots) but they are few and minor; the overwhelming impression is of deep immersion, a convincing feeling of light and space and a road trip though warm, dry, very scenic country on a perfect summer day.
USBcycle

ETS2-User
Developer

02 Nov 2016 21:41

Vegetation bugs are probably caused by an environment mod. Spain is actually pretty much bug-free mapwise.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

RootlessAgrarian
Donation rank:

03 Nov 2016 07:37

I drove around the vast Bilbao docklands for amusement and was blown away (again) by the sheer size of the area and the level of detail. I even found an unused ferry (complete with loaded trucks) -- maybe a future link to somewhere? one of the most interesting (and intricate) industrial areas I have yet discovered; the rail spurs leading out to the docks, refineries etc. are a very nice touch.
USBcycle

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

03 Nov 2016 11:24

The ferry in Bilbao was a working ferry to GB in one of the beta version of ProMods 2.10. But it has been removed do to the 'ferry-bug'. The GPS would always take that ferry when doing a job between GB and Spain. You would skip the whole of France as well as you experience and money will be much lower.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

03 Nov 2016 13:18

Ferry bug is shortest route in km / miles not time and furthermore sea travel equals 0 km ...
Most annoying bug in the game imo
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

RootlessAgrarian
Donation rank:

04 Nov 2016 19:34

Vegetation bugs are related to environment mods? What would count as an environment mod? I see quite a few veggie bugs as I drive around -- wildflowers barely poking through highway surfaces, trees extending right through walls and fences, that kind of thing. Sometimes they actually look rather good, like leaves drifted onto the road surface. Other times they are obviously weird and illusion-breaking. Should I be reporting them?

I don't think I have any environment mods... but maybe I don't understand what one is. I have Realistic Raindrops, but afaik that only affects how rain is modelled on the windshield. I have Abasstreppas' Flares and Alexey's Improved Physics and Find Your Trailer (sewer plate mod). I don't have any season or weather mods.

If I should be reporting rampant vegetation, let me know and I'll start trying to document it...

Whoever's been tagging the road signs in France, nice touch :-)
Last edited by tkk7406 on 05 Nov 2016 10:56, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please edit your posts instead of double posting
USBcycle

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information