Balkans Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
jackalnxt

02 Nov 2016 16:58

ScuL wrote:Please provide more info on the toll booths and possibly photographs and prices in €. It's also important to know if the toll booths are on the main motorway route or if they are only on exits.
I don't know if this counts, but if we're talking toll booths then the Bulgarian/Romanian border should also have a toll booth. I haven't seen this mentioned everywhere but the bridge between the two is a toll (I've passed through there multiple times). I can't exactly remember what the price for trucks was, around 15 - 30 euros maybe. Perhaps its something that can be fixed?

Jevsenak
Donation rank:

04 Nov 2016 12:11

Have you been thinking about including toll system in Slovenia? Right now in PM map there are no tolls in Slovenia. If you are I’ll be glad to provide you with the price and tool info, the only problem there may be is that we use dual tool system. Cars have vignettes but trucks (above 3.5t) pay toll as usual so our tools look like this on a link below, so it would need totally new models and prefabs to make it work properly.

http://www.dars.si/Dokumenti/0_slike_za ... anje-v.jpg

ScuL
Founder

04 Nov 2016 12:22

We have considered this in the past but because of the vignette system for cars we disregarded it for a while, I know there are toll stations in Slovenia as I drove through the country 3 times however space is very limited to place them.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

EG0611

04 Nov 2016 13:34

ScuL wrote:We have considered this in the past but because of the vignette system for cars we disregarded it for a while, I know there are toll stations in Slovenia as I drove through the country 3 times however space is very limited to place them.
What about dividing road by a ramp and placing truck toll on right side while nothing on left? With "no truck traffic area" rule trucks will be forced to enter toll and with invinsible or dead end wall players will be forced to enter toll.

The problem is one way tolls must be created from 0 but according to my past experiences on my map project, it shouldn't be hard. Even maybe they can be used in main Europe with small changes.

Jevsenak
Donation rank:

06 Nov 2016 23:45

Actually I didn’t know that there is a “no truck traffic area” option available, if this can be done than in theory your way could actually be made. But there is still the scale of map which somehow does not go good with small countries like Slovenia.
From time to time I’m playing in editor and building a 1:1 map of Slovenia, when I’ll figure out how to work with blender and stuff I’m definitely going to try build one way tolls and see how it goes.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

07 Nov 2016 00:34

I'd suggest you to use SCS's Blender Tools, combined with ConvertPIX. I have recently switched from ZModeler to these tools and I must say the file management with this tool is pretty neat, and it can handle everything, including prefabs. You can find support on the SCS forums. ;)
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

IvanGF14
Developer

07 Nov 2016 15:10

And its pretty simple to use with the tutorials ;)

Jevsenak
Donation rank:

07 Nov 2016 18:19

Thank you both for those encouraging words. Right now there is only an hour or two per day available for “playing” with moding software. So I hope that I could show you my fork some day on forum section intended for that.

YNM

07 Nov 2016 23:52

ScuL wrote:We have considered this in the past but because of the vignette system for cars we disregarded it for a while, I know there are toll stations in Slovenia as I drove through the country 3 times however space is very limited to place them.
Maybe it could be done for the time with one of those pass-through RF-payment station ? I know the AIs aren't going to be exactly as IRL, but at least for the player it could be done with some barrier (like those on unsupposed exits) ? Maybe after that someone might be interested to model out the real deal.

ScuL
Founder

08 Nov 2016 01:13

YNM wrote: Maybe it could be done for the time with one of those pass-through RF-payment station ? I know the AIs aren't going to be exactly as IRL, but at least for the player it could be done with some barrier (like those on unsupposed exits) ? Maybe after that someone might be interested to model out the real deal.
It could be, that function didn't exist when we built Slovenia.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information