SCS Blog

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
MandelSoft
Lead Developer

29 Nov 2016 10:30

bumbumek wrote:I was against this DLC from the very beginning, because I was counting on Rep. of Ireland/Northern Ireland DLC, or at least France/Spain/Portugal expansion. But not single France. That's all ;)
Well, maybe you just have to try to build it yourself. If you think it's not going fast enough, then do it yourself. You seem to have your own ideas about how the game should develop, but talk is cheap and actions speak words. But as long as you don't put in any effort in it, you shouldn't really be complaining that things are going slow.

Also, I don't understand your logic; you blindly praise a (I'm not going to call any names) poorly optimised and somewhat carelessly designed map with almost no new assets and you reject a map with hundreds of new dedicated assets, a well thought out design and with heavy optimisation so it also run on potato-battery powered machines. Where is the logic behind that? What is it that you want?
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

MYE2001

29 Nov 2016 10:47

About the prices, now in the Steam ETS2 + 2 DLCs cost 23 Turkish Liras, approximately 6,5 Euros. So it's really cheap.

bumbumek

29 Nov 2016 10:56

In short, I want more content. Only one country for that price is a bad business. Areas for DLC Scandinavia were definitely bigger, and for the same price. And if you say quality over quantity - what makes you think France DLC could be more interesting than Scandi DLC? They created additional buildings, bridges perhaps and that's it. No miracle will happen, which enlighten us. Therefore I think it's just a cheapy trick by SCS that they give us only one country with only new 15 cities - for such high price of course. User niGHt-Son from SCS forum said, that 9,99€ for this DLC would be more appropriate. Agreed.

That's why I will buy it only when it will be mandatory. After ProMods releases their stuff which will require this DLC.

EDIT - besides it's not a matter of money. As a ProMods fan I have no choice. I can't buy this DLC now, because I could not play your map and RusMap/Balkans.
I will never decide to play on vanilla map.
Last edited by bumbumek on 29 Nov 2016 11:10, edited 1 time in total.

CAPLV
Donation rank:

29 Nov 2016 11:04

today.. at autumn sale at steam ETS2+Going East+Scandinavia costs about 11,27 euros

Euro Truck Simulator 2 Essentials BUNDLE = 14,60 euros..

Go faster, get faster :)
// ETS2 v.1.36+Promods 2.43+Roextended 2.4(P)+RSK Turkey 1.9.5+RusMap 2.0+Southern Region 7.9+TGS 1.36 //

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

29 Nov 2016 11:47

bumbumek wrote:And if you say quality over quantity - what makes you think France DLC could be more interesting than Scandi DLC?
  • Trams and trains as new traffic types that actually interact with traffic. Curved trains are also a possibility now.
  • Hundreds of new buildings, new grass textures, new tunnels, new rocks, lots of new vegetation, totalling up to thousands of manhours of work.
  • A lot of scenery villages in typical French style, even with their own names.
  • Not a single rigid-prefab interchange; every interchange is modular. Even motorway gas stations and rest stops are fully modular now.
  • Quite a lot of new bridges with amazing scenery. They are not on the in-game map overview, but they are there. Maps can be deceiving.
  • Unique delivery spots.
  • Unique rest stops.
  • Autopass at every single tollgate in France. All old tollgates are replaced.
  • A touch-up of the old part of France, including a full rebuild of Paris and a few extra roads... for free!
How is that not interesting?
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝

Starfruit 017

29 Nov 2016 12:11

Indeed the France dlc has not only changed one country it has change the entire ETS2 world. If that doesn't satisfy you than I don't know what would...
Join my forum : My Forum!

View my Projects: My Map Work

bumbumek

29 Nov 2016 14:22

Dear MandelSoft, you are saying that everything in this DLC is the most beautifu, amazing and the best in the world, but how can I trust you now, if you are a part of SCS? Now you will always say, that SCS work is the most brilliant stuff you have ever seen :P You've become less reliable :mrgreen:

Now seriously, I will see in late 2017 do you have right or not. Everything depends on ProMods release with merged DLC.

obelihnio
Donation rank:

29 Nov 2016 15:01

Why do you even play SCS games if you hate everything they do?

Map DLC is not just some *hurr durr* I'm gonna make some roads in one week. It's a huge amount of high quality models.
Did you even look once at some models and textures on Promods France or the old Scanidavia (pre SCS DLC)? Most of them are low-res low poly objects with muddy textures. DLC gave map makers access to thousands of high quality models and a huge bump to general feel of the region.

Again find a different game to play if you hate what SCS does so much.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

29 Nov 2016 15:51

bumbumek wrote:Dear MandelSoft, you are saying that everything in this DLC is the most beautifu, amazing and the best in the world, but how can I trust you now, if you are a part of SCS? Now you will always say, that SCS work is the most brilliant stuff you have ever seen :P You've become less reliable :mrgreen:
Do you have any idea how ungrateful you sound? This game is supported for much longer than most other games. I mean, seriously, how many games can you name that are supported and updated by their original developer after more than 3 years?* Also, ETS2 with all the DLCs costs about €60-70, which is quite cheap considering that on today's market there are quite a few games that have that price for their brand new base game alone.

Furthermore, developing games is a costly business. To put things into perspective: SCS has about 80 employees at the moment. With an estimated average monthly gross salary of €2000, you would spend €160K alone on salaries per month or €2M per year! And then we aren't even taking the equipment, licences, rent, gas, electricity and water bills into account. That money has to come from somewhere...

And finally, it's not only about the things you see on the map; a lot of things are happening under the hood, things that you don't see. All the hours spent on research, asset creation, testing, bugfixing and not to mention optimisation (I've learned quite a few things about that here) may be just as important. Especially the optimisation and performance norms ties one hand on SCS's back; it limits what they can do and still let the game run smoothly on low-end PCs.

Most of it applies to ProMods too, but you don't complain about that, that we produce too little content. But if ProMods makes an error, it's not really hurting our revenue and we have some leeway simply because we are a mod and not a company. But for SCS, they can't afford delivering a bugged product, so everything should work properly from day 1 of the release (not only bug-wise, but also performance wise).

*And no, OpenTTD doesn't count; that is a third-party open source version of Transport Tycoon, which has been abandoned a long time ago...
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝

Roudou

29 Nov 2016 17:01

bumbumek wrote:In short, I want more content. Only one country for that price is a bad business. Areas for DLC Scandinavia were definitely bigger, and for the same price.
Maybe you should play Scandinavia DLC without ProMods, or simply learn geography. Actually, DLC France is a bit bigger than DLC Scandinavia.

If you don't trust me, use Gimp to do what i'm showing you.

Plus the fact that DLC France seems to look more "frenchy" than Kutchek's good map. But this is only my opinion, and i'll wait next week to say if it realy looks like France or not. Assets on rebuilded France are good, but i'm disapointed by the road network.

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information