France and Monaco Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
craig86
Donation rank:

04 Jan 2017 18:37

That looks good, thanks.

Akula_

04 Jan 2017 19:40

Well can we at least summ up the list of suggested improvement and other small knowledge to help the people in charge of developping it doing it better ?
  • Toll Both
    [**]Telepeage lanes should be on the leftmost.
    [**]Dedicated Truck Lanes are on the rightmost
    [**]Add Toll Compagnies sign near them ?
  • Roadsign
    [**]Colors should be more intense and the font a bit thicker
    [**] Font : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caract%C3%A8res
    [**] If possible, maybe add complementary white pannel "RAPPEL" under the speed limit signs ?
  • Rest area
    [**]
    Another thing I've noticed is that the Aire de Thionville Porte de France and the Aire d'Entrange are Aire de repos in real life and not Aire de service. In other words, they shouldn't include a full-blown gas station, and just be rest areas instead.
    [**]
    (Then i could say the same way in Elsass on the A35 ingame, there's just a rest area parking in the game, but in real life it's a big Aire de Service with supermarket, gas station, many parkings, restaurants, and acces from both lane.
    Dev guy, you could actually just delete this one and copy-paste the ultra-big-rest-area-model there and name it Aire du Haut-Königsburg to make it real.
  • Speed Camera
    [**]There doesn't have to be a radar on each side at the same locations (for new built zones)
Obviously this is just suggestions and other general knowledge on how to : france roadstuff, that could be of some use for the devs.
ImageImageImageSkoda is love, Skoda is life

Brian1996

04 Jan 2017 19:49

Nice work ! :)

arcticeagle

05 Jan 2017 03:06

Great! Glad to know the old Promods France still gets the love
When will it be ready?

Mods: ProMods, RusMap, that's all

watchingponies
Donation rank:

05 Jan 2017 10:42

I will just keep on fanboying because i've got no complains.
Got it up and running in 1 shot yesterday with weather & sound mods, Jazzycat, Balkans, Rusmap, Egypt, boom just like that.

Went from Eindhoven, Zwolle to St Hellier all the way down to Perpignan, flippin awesome.
Thanks again guys.
Always hungry for the road

ETS2: Promods, Promods M-E, Rusmap, Volga, Sibir, Great Steppe, Ukraine Expansion, Paris Rebuild,
Level 511. 2.335.677 km under the belt !

ATS: Promods Canada
Level 140 and 466,309 Miles

Master_of_the_roads

05 Jan 2017 21:31

Any chance of seeing the Notre Dame Cathedral in Promods Paris once merged ? Or perhaps the Louvre museum. Those would be fun to see. Sure we can't have it all, but it may be a fun attempt.

Even the capital of France deserves some much needed attention aside from SCS. :)

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

06 Jan 2017 00:55

> Mileage/distance to cities signs should be added back in.
> Signs should include more destinations that are not on the map like Aix-en-Provence.
> And all of the above + other fantastic ProMods touches.

astronomer
Donation rank:

06 Jan 2017 02:01

Master_of_the_roads wrote:Any chance of seeing the Notre Dame Cathedral in Promods Paris once merged ? Or perhaps the Louvre museum. Those would be fun to see. Sure we can't have it all, but it may be a fun attempt.

Even the capital of France deserves some much needed attention aside from SCS. :)
This is hard work on time, these models. But, I hope, thať will be in ProMods ;)

Qiou87
Donation rank:

06 Jan 2017 14:31

astronomer wrote:
Master_of_the_roads wrote:Any chance of seeing the Notre Dame Cathedral in Promods Paris once merged ? Or perhaps the Louvre museum. Those would be fun to see. Sure we can't have it all, but it may be a fun attempt.

This is hard work on time, these models. But, I hope, thať will be in ProMods ;)
I'd rather have a more complete area around Paris (at least complete N104 and A86, or A1 to Lille instead of having to drive the A4 to Reims then the A26 north which seems ridiculous in a country where most roads have been built around the capital...) then these landmarks. These are right smack in the center of the city, so it is not exactly where you will find heavy trucks driving about. And you cannot add them without adding a lot more landmarks since they are on the banks of the Seine and driving by them would mean driving all through Paris. There would be a tremendous amount of work to model these roads and all the buildings, and all the classic bridges...

lelux

06 Jan 2017 16:55

It's not possible to use the landmarks of Paris from the old map?

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information