[REL] Southern Region Map 10.9 [1.43]

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
Fr8i

10 Jan 2017 14:21

bumbumek wrote:And all because of the wrong scale? :(
Who says it´s wrong? It´s just different and a feature of the map. ;)

Best regards
[email protected], 16GB RAM @2400MHz, MSI GTX 1070_8GB@1963MHz GPU Clock, Win 8 Prof x64
Profile:ETS2 1.35.1.13@x64(DX11)+Promods 2.41+RusMap 1.8.1.2+Paris Rebuild 2.4

No support via PM!

samuray
Donation rank:

10 Jan 2017 14:36

As I said. Rusmap also has been rescaled and it got even more popular amongst people after the rescale.

By rescaling and removing some of those settlements it would mean that the region would grow faster as all the central and eastern part for now is left outside. Rather by adding more of those small settlements the author could be working on such an important cities like Vladikavkaz, Grozny and Makhachkala or even Astrakhan or cities of Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan. But by working on the same scale and at same rate it could take years for those cities to appear.

But that is just my opinion. The author has his own decision to make but for those who play the Southern region together with Promods/Rusmap the rescale would do much better in future.

astronomer
Donation rank:

10 Jan 2017 15:00

samuray, in Grozny, Makhachkala and Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan no is street view :!: Author SR would rather mapping with street view, but with big realistic land :!:
I have would rather big quality with many new models, as such only take Scandinavian and Viva la France assets and to create Georgia cities, which would view such ako mix Paris and Stockholm. Thank you author SR, that added realistic feeling from Russia ;) 8-) Keep it up!

YNM

10 Jan 2017 15:24

Well... so SR is not compatible with ProMods ? :?

Fr8i

10 Jan 2017 15:27

YNM wrote:is not compatible with ProMods ? :?
Just read the first page, all the stuff you have to know is written there.

best regards
[email protected], 16GB RAM @2400MHz, MSI GTX 1070_8GB@1963MHz GPU Clock, Win 8 Prof x64

No support via PM!

YNM

10 Jan 2017 15:33

Well I'm asking regarding the size and such... I do know chadelala posted a fix (although then I have to ask does it need his Egypt, I don't really want having too many areas and I really, really hate tight junctions which is why I do not use Project Balkans anymore), but if SR is of bigger scale than 1:19, then I suppose it's not going to be truly compatible with ProMods in the distant future or so ? (please no "turkey can into promods" discussion here, just some extreme considerations)

Fr8i

10 Jan 2017 16:19

YNM wrote:but if SR is of bigger scale than 1:19, then I suppose it's not going to be truly compatible with ProMods in the distant future or so ?
I played ROS for a long time combined with other maps, and I never had compatibility issues regarding differing scale. If it was like this, all UK would be incompatible with Europe since the UK scale differs as well. The only difference to recognise is one drives less km in a certain time. Right now it looks like SR won´t be supported like RusMap and it doesn´t look like they come along together.

Best regards

No support via PM!

smith121363
Donation rank:

10 Jan 2017 16:55

I have to agree with YNM. I feel that the scale that this mod is made in will soon start to cause problems as ProMods expands into that area. It would be nice if the author would re-scale this map to 1:19, but looking at his poll, I do not see that happening.

As far as UK being scaled at 1:15, it is an island and is not attached directly to the rest of the continent. It therefore does not interfere with the rest of the map.(No roads/cities in the Ocean) This map, however, is on land and attached directly with the rest of Europe. To continue expanding this map in it's present scale will put Turkey out in the Mediterranean Sea or Africa causing major problems for anyone trying trying to work in those areas.

As far as ROS, again, scale causes major issues for anyone wanting to expand the map around it. Sure, you can combine it with other maps with enough effort, but it does not mesh with other maps properly.

Another example is the EAA map (Brazil), very nice map. Looks good. Plays well. Mapped in the wrong place. Will cause major problems as Promods expands further into Spain.

So, all things considered, I have decided to drop this map and will stick with my ProMod/RusMap combination. I have been using ProMods since it first came out and will only use mods that work well ProMods. I also only use mods that make since to use with ProMods. I do not consider Euro Truck Simulator 2 a game. I play it as a Simulator. Realism (including World map placement) is important to me. So is a hassle free, clean game log.

samuray
Donation rank:

10 Jan 2017 17:01

The problem isn't with compatibility itself but with all possible future connections to other maps. UK is island and doesn't have land connections with any other country and ferry connections are not so influenced by scale differences so it is not so important.

Just if someone wants to start making a map of South Caucasus or Eastern Turkey it won't be able to connect it to both maps.

Kortez

10 Jan 2017 17:03

I think that until promods reaches eastern Turkey, it could be SR furth compatible with Promods. Or not?

And Promods and east Turkey? It is the music of the very faaaaaaar future.

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information