[REL] Realistic Russian highways, Better tr. flow and other mods

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
brainiac
Donation rank:

11 Jan 2017 13:50

Zniwek, only reason for crashing is enabling assets from my mod with Promods. Find WARNING on 1. post.
Again, you didn't read on 1. post that better traffic flow vanilla map is just vanilla map.
Gibanica, please write 2. (pasus - currently I don't have translator) on serbian.
And read on old 1. post why I removed barriers.
Plans are also on 1. post. I think that next iz Czech. FH Fahrer is working on Slovakia, so I won't.
Last edited by brainiac on 11 Jan 2017 15:41, edited 1 time in total.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

Vøytek
Developer

11 Jan 2017 14:31

Yeah, so what's the point of your ASSETS archive, if all files are present in PM assets archive? When I enabled only vanilla mod + ASSETS, nothing changed (at least on map view).
And I think you can't redistribute ASSETS like that. Your work has to be dependent on ProMods, if you use our assets, right?
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

gibanica

11 Jan 2017 15:02

can you upload just promods hungary rebuilded without traffic flow?
I want to keep bariers and stuff and Im quite happy how the traffic goes, just need hungary interchanges which look great I have to say!
it would be nice ;)

just to notice, it supposed to write "Bécs" not "Becz" at the sign ;)
My Euro Truck Simulator 2 - IMAGE COLLECTION GALLERY

brainiac
Donation rank:

11 Jan 2017 15:15

Zniwek wrote:Yeah, so what's the point of your ASSETS archive, if all files are present in PM assets archive? When I enabled only vanilla mod + ASSETS, nothing changed (at least on map view).
And I think you can't redistribute ASSETS like that. Your work has to be dependent on ProMods, if you use our assets, right?
What if you use e.g. Rusmap or ROC without Promods?
Look on size of Promods' assets and assets in my mod.

It looks that reading 1. post is so hard.
brainiac wrote:I also deleted all Europe map from ferry-addon maps, like ROC. Now you can drive only on addon map(s). The reason is: when I wanted to drive on addon maps and searched for job, mostly they are from one european city, like Rotterdam or Lille. Then I drove many times on same roads and it became boring. If you don't want all changes, there is file Deleted Europe, which do same. You can use only it.
If you want to retrieve vanilla map, use Better traffic flow vanilla map. If you don't have all DLCs, empty mod folder, go to map editor, save map and replace europe folder.
And in description of Better traffic flow vanilla map:
This is just SCS vanilla map.
Now, think, am I mad to improve vanilla map, while Promods do it incomparably better from me?
gibanica wrote:can you upload just promods hungary rebuilded without traffic flow?
I want to keep bariers and stuff and Im quite happy how the traffic goes, just need hungary interchanges which look great I have to say!
it would be nice ;)

just to notice, it supposed to write "Bécs" not "Becz" at the sign ;)
You are right, Bécs. You can go to sign templates and correct all such errors, if it annoy you. It will corrected in next version.
If you want only rebuilding interchanges, delete all sectors left from +6, right from +10 and north from +3, excluding it.
Last edited by brainiac on 11 Jan 2017 15:29, edited 2 times in total.
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

Master_of_the_roads

11 Jan 2017 15:20

Hi there, I was testing your improvement project just a while ago, I do have a serious question to ask you.

I've read the warning about not enabling the ASSETS file while combining all the parts for working properly, which raises this doubt, how to put all the ''flows'' logically so that when combined with PM, Rusmap, Project Balkans and Southern Region Map, the game doesn't display empty spaces below the truck and correctly displays all the game assets and the full map. Which is the logical order for those ''flows'' ?

You told us to give highest priority to Better Flow Vanilla, then I assume, it should be Better Flow Promods 2.15, Better Flow Rusmap, Rusmap + PM Fix, then Better Flow Project Balkans and last one should be Better Flow Southern Region. Am I assuming right ? Because the logic behind those traffic flows wasn't the clearest.

Thank you for releasing this improvement, few areas for accepting in-game should be smoothen over, but nonetheless, beautiful attempt in making the vanilla areas less boring.

And if this helps, I was testing it on a clean test profile, with only PM, Rusmap and Project Balkans enabled, smaller additions to the traffic were only Jazzycat's traffic packs, less intrusive but clear, were the modifications to the gas prices, lights for the building by Grimes, smaller add's to the traffic by including the harvester and tractors with trailer attached, but those should've not destabilized the game to such point of displaying empty spaces below. I can also include the game log.

You still have my support for future projects regardless of my previous statement. ;)

brainiac
Donation rank:

11 Jan 2017 15:40

Master_of_the_roads wrote:I've read the warning about not enabling the ASSETS file while combining all the parts for working properly, which raises this doubt, how to put all the ''flows'' logically so that when combined with PM, Rusmap, Project Balkans and Southern Region Map, the game doesn't display empty spaces below the truck and correctly displays all the game assets and the full map. Which is the logical order for those ''flows'' ?
I really don't understand what you want to say.
You mustn't enable assets if you use Promods or Southern region because of conflict.
Master_of_the_roads wrote:You told us to give highest priority to Better Flow Vanilla, then I assume, it should be Better Flow Promods 2.15, Better Flow Rusmap, Rusmap + PM Fix, then Better Flow Project Balkans and last one should be Better Flow Southern Region. Am I assuming right ? Because the logic behind those traffic flows wasn't the clearest.

Thank you for releasing this improvement, few areas for accepting in-game should be smoothen over, but nonetheless, beautiful attempt in making the vanilla areas less boring.

You still have my support for future projects regardless of my previous statement. ;)
Better Flow Vanilla - read my answer to Zniwek. It looks that I must correct 1. post.
brainiac wrote:Load order:
Give the highest priority to ASSETS, next is Better traffic flow vanilla map.
Better traffic flow *** must be right above original *** mod.
Give the lowest priority to Deleted Europe.
So, you don't use Better traffic flow vanilla map because Europe isn't deleted.
Isn't second sentence clear?
Better Flow Promods 2.15 right above Promods files (ofcourse, not def, because it is isolated from rest),...
Alternative, you can use first flows in regular order: Better Flow Rusmap + PM Fix, Better Flow Promods, Better Flow Rusmap,... and then original mods.
And Deleted Europe useful if you want to drive only on ferry-addon without Europe, which isn't case with you.
Thank you for support.
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

Master_of_the_roads

11 Jan 2017 16:09

Thanks for clearing that now, and I didn't use ASSETS at all, just those other files you mentioned.

That logic escaped because of the way it interacted in-game, all that is clear now, sorry for misunderstanding me earlier, it's clear that my English is more fluent and more advanced than some of my former classmates. But no problem, that's the least annoying thing. Besides that I can speak four other languages, even five with no difficulty.

I've rearranged the load order exactly like you told me to and it finally works without a glitch, thank you.;)

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

11 Jan 2017 17:08

Something tells me that you have been pretty poor at file management. Why re-upload the full RusMap asset set? Is that really necessary. And why did you include all map packages into the same package (and something tells me you didn't isolate the sectors you edited either)? No wonder this file is 940MB...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

brainiac
Donation rank:

11 Jan 2017 17:39

Thank you on critics.
"Why re-upload the full RusMap asset set?"
It isn't full set, but definitely there is much more than what is necessary. I will reduce it in futrue. It is half of size.
" And why did you include all map packages into the same package?"
I didn't think about that. Work on all maps is same, with additional rebuilding on Promods. You think that better is to upload 10 files?
"(and something tells me you didn't isolate the sectors you edited either)"
On most map work is over the almost entire maps. Only bigger part which is untouched is France DLC.
What do you think about my rebuilt interchanges maybe the best mapper?
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

cdawg9999
Donation rank:

11 Jan 2017 20:03

Your mod looks interesting but I'm finding your instructions difficult to follow and unclear. I tried it out and my rusmap and southern region connection is missing. I used the 4 parts to your mod. Tried it in different order as well. I'm not using the assets part because it says it'll make the game crash.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198274188504]Image[/url]

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information