Promods Progress Chart [2014-05-01]

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
rarespetrosanu

01 May 2014 19:19

Nico
I have a feeling ... maybe i'm wrong :P

Purno
Donation rank:

02 May 2014 06:11

MandelSoft wrote:Bilbao is an error on the chart. We are actually not sure about that one. Sorry for that ;)
Awwww.... I guess it was too good to be true. :lol:
rarespetrosanu wrote:I believe that the next SCS expansion will be titled DLC - Going South
I wonder if there's any point for SCS to release another map expansion for ETS2, when modders make higher quality map expansions available for free. Perhaps SCS could better spend their efforts in ATS.

-

Out of curiousity, are there any very, very, very long term plans for Iceland? I'm not sure how much cargo goes by truck IRL there, but it is a part of Europe. (And based upon pictures I've seen, it's a pretty landscape up there).

Nemmm21
Donation rank:

02 May 2014 06:25

I think it will be propably DLC Ireland. ;) (Who played in MP :D )
Logitech G25 + GamePad Xbox360
All DLCs without National Flags

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

02 May 2014 06:54

Please discuss the MP in the off topic section or on their forums. It doesn't have any business on the main board ;)

EDIT: Just moved Purno's post to the off topic section and deleted the rest. http://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2035
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Roro44
Donation rank:

02 May 2014 08:40

in France, I don't see Angoulême but in Poitiers, there is that direction is along the N10, it was an oversight when the city is abandoned? thank you ^ ^
Worlds of trucks

Beta-Testeur since 2.17

Promods user since 1.52

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

02 May 2014 08:57

norguy wrote:Can't be that much work finishing just one city and a little highway from the border, can it? :mrgreen: I would so much rather see Spain represented with one city than another Scandinavian town. (There are plenty of them before) I mean, if its all about priority, Bilbao deserves that in my opinion.

Also, its not like there is a problem with only one Spanish city. Bilbao is not far away from France, so it wont be a "loonley island". It will be like Finland, which just got Helsinki.
The problem is in two-fold:
- Bilbao itself is not ready yet, and progess on that has stalled, as our main mapper on Spain (Lolsmurf) has not been very active lately. I guess it could be that he has some real life activities he needs to attend to, probably exams.
- Before you can reach Bilbao from France, you'll need to pass Bayonne (and I think St.-Sebastain too). An since that's not finished yet either, we miss an essential step on the route to Bilbao. Instead, Kutchek is now focusing on Tours, so you won't have to make such large de-"Tours" (pun fully intended :lol: ) when you go south-western France.

Besides, not everything in the next version will be Scandinavia and France only. We will attempt to get Antwerpen in good shape too.
Purno wrote: Out of curiousity, are there any very, very, very long term plans for Iceland? I'm not sure how much cargo goes by truck IRL there, but it is a part of Europe. (And based upon pictures I've seen, it's a pretty landscape up there).
Probably not. What other significant freight destinations are there in Iceland but Reykjavik? I think we would have a hard time to actually select cities, because let's face it: can you name another big Icelandic city? Probably not...

Best,
MandelSoft
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Purno
Donation rank:

02 May 2014 09:28

MandelSoft wrote:Probably not. What other significant freight destinations are there in Iceland but Reykjavik? I think we would have a hard time to actually select cities, because let's face it: can you name another big Icelandic city? Probably not...
True enough. According to Wikipedia the 2nd largest city in Iceland has a population of 30,000.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to v1.7. Filtering out the new additions based upon your city list, we can expect;
  • Image Herning
  • Image Holstebro
  • Image Padborg
  • Image Viborg
  • Image Hämeenlinna
  • Image Jyvaskyla
  • Image Kuopio
  • Image Lahti
  • Image Mikkeli
  • Image Tampere
  • Image Bordeaux
  • Image Tours
and maybe;
  • Image Antwerpen
  • Image Bilbao
  • Image Bayonne
  • Image Genova
Now that's a pretty long list of cities added in the next update. Certainly looking forward to that!

stummer
Donation rank:

02 May 2014 09:43

Purno wrote:Now that's a pretty long list of cities added in the next update. Certainly looking forward to that!
...and you'll get some more country roads ;)

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

02 May 2014 10:34

Yeah there will be at least 1500km of new driving roads. Guess that will be something refreshing since the 1.5 release.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

jontsuba
Donation rank:

02 May 2014 10:58

norguy wrote: Can't be that much work finishing just one city and a little highway from the border, can it? :mrgreen: I would so much rather see Spain represented with one city than another Scandinavian town. (There are plenty of them before) I mean, if its all about priority, Bilbao deserves that in my opinion.

Also, its not like there is a problem with only one Spanish city. Bilbao is not far away from France, so it wont be a "loonley island". It will be like Finland, which just got Helsinki.
In my opinion, I think it is more important keeping going south in France than getting quickly into Spain. Bilbao isn't a mediterranean city, so its landscapes wouldn't make much of a difference. Before that, Clermont Ferrand should be made. That way, Bordeaux and Bayonne wouldn't be that badly conected with the east. It would happen like with Kalmar right now, that your have to take a BIG detour to get south.

Anyway, if people want that badly to get to Spain, couldn't it be possible to do the map like a grid? I mean, you could start making the main grid with important cities in southern France like Bordeaux, Toulouse, Clermont-Ferrand and Marseille and then "fill the gaps": Angoulême, Limoges... (like that plan of making Troyes)

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information