[SOLVED] Textures going C-R-A-Z-Y!!!

This is where topics get moved that aren't caused by bugs in our mod
ScuL
Founder

10 Aug 2013 11:06

Thank you, however the place where you took this screenshot with the console is very far away from the place where you saw the texture problem

If you see the texture problem again, could you please make a screenshot of the console on the spot?

Efharisto
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

papanebo

10 Aug 2013 11:23

Sure. Restarted the game after a while and although it was day, the sky turned black as pitch. Pylons, truck's and trailer's textures are also distorted.

Nothing new in the console messages. Although i don't know a thing about modding, you could try upgrading the format as the console suggests and see if that fixes things.

papanebo

10 Aug 2013 11:33

Some interesting results with ALT-TABBING. Don't know if it helps though...

By the way, your map is simply outstanding :) Keep up the good work!

ScuL
Founder

10 Aug 2013 11:35

Yea you can safely ignore the yellow format errors.
SCS made a change to their 3D model format from version 1.3x to 1.4x and not all of our models were saved in 1.4 format.
As a matter a fact, a large part of the original SCS models are still in 1.3x format and also create the same errors :)
It doesn't have anything to do with the texture bug though.

I really don't understand what the cause of it is, more than 5000 people have the mod now and only a dozen of users have reported this problem :(
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

EnVi Sweden Rules

10 Aug 2013 14:03

Forum rules
Before you report a bug, please check if the bug is already known here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7

maybe thats why? you have set up the rules, you should know why just few ones have reported it. :P
and i haven't this problem self, 8-)

Boeing73FLY

10 Aug 2013 14:46

I just want to point out, and it may / may not be the exact cause but, most of these users having the same problem are using AMD video cards (including me) and 1 Nvidia person also had it. So I assume something is fishy here with AMD (and some Nvidia cards) and ETS2...
ImageImage

MY MODS FOR ATS AND ETS2
Enhanced Driving Experience (EDXP) (+ Addons)
Allison Transmission Pack (+ TC10)

ProMods Recruit

KING OF ESSEX

10 Aug 2013 15:13

totally appreciate the hard work that goes into making new mods / maps / I salute you all for the new map that you have done, however I found these just now, not sure if anyone else has posted similar.

ScuL
Founder

10 Aug 2013 16:19

This bug doesn't cease to amaze me. In this case it mucks up the traffic signs texture.
The other pictures however showed flag textures.. hmm

Jegge

10 Aug 2013 20:58

Boeing73FLY wrote:I just want to point out, and it may / may not be the exact cause but, most of these users having the same problem are using AMD video cards (including me) and 1 Nvidia person also had it. So I assume something is fishy here with AMD (and some Nvidia cards) and ETS2...
Well , I have a AMD Radeon graphic cart, and I dont have any problems what so ever with the textures, it could be the drivers that people are using, its seen before that sometimes people are geting trouble with graphics after updating drivers, and after a rollback to an earlier driver version, every thing is working normal again.

But again, maybe this could be the problem or maybe not, to find out you need to get the people that has this problem to try it out :)

Boeing73FLY

10 Aug 2013 21:09

Jegge wrote:
Boeing73FLY wrote:I just want to point out, and it may / may not be the exact cause but, most of these users having the same problem are using AMD video cards (including me) and 1 Nvidia person also had it. So I assume something is fishy here with AMD (and some Nvidia cards) and ETS2...
Well , I have a AMD Radeon graphic cart, and I dont have any problems what so ever with the textures, it could be the drivers that people are using, its seen before that sometimes people are geting trouble with graphics after updating drivers, and after a rollback to an earlier driver version, every thing is working normal again.

But again, maybe this could be the problem or maybe not, to find out you need to get the people that has this problem to try it out :)
What is your graphics driver version?
ImageImage

MY MODS FOR ATS AND ETS2
Enhanced Driving Experience (EDXP) (+ Addons)
Allison Transmission Pack (+ TC10)

ProMods Recruit

Return to “Not a bug ETS2”

• Information