[REL] Realistic Russian highways, Better tr. flow and other mods

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

31 Jan 2017 22:47

Sounds interesting.. :)

Can you explain what you mean with 'there will be no more unnecessary red light when it can be green'? Cause I think I don't quite understand what you mean.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Rudi Raser
In Memoriam
Donation rank:

31 Jan 2017 22:56

in german we say, grüne welle -> green wave. :mrgreen:

i hope he mean that. getting green, and 100 meters at next light again red. that would be very nice. Image
No Support via PM!

brainiac
Donation rank:

01 Feb 2017 01:55

Volleybal4life wrote:Sounds interesting.. :)

Can you explain what you mean with 'there will be no more unnecessary red light when it can be green'? Cause I think I don't quite understand what you mean.
Often example:
In order to partially solve problem of turning left, green for one direction is turning on 20s after other direction, same for red, on X crossroad.
As semaphore profile is same for classic X and T crossroads, now I am talking about "horizontal line" street, situation is same, direction for straight and left has 30s instead of all 50s green. Or, for 20s, there is green only for direction for straight and right, while is red for direction for straight and green, which is unnecessary red.
On some land2 prefabs there are much more drastical examples, which caused headache to me.
Rudi Raser wrote:in german we say, grüne welle -> green wave. :mrgreen:

i hope he mean that. getting green, and 100 meters at next light again red. that would be very nice. Image
Unfortunately, in game green wawe is possible only on one prefab, see MandelSoft's answer on 1. page.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

01 Feb 2017 06:51

Sounds promising :)
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

01 Feb 2017 10:34

I don't think what you're planning is that realistic. Most ETS2 intersection designs, especially the vanilla ones, are not fit for conflict-free left turns. If they were, I'd have done that a long time ago...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

brainiac
Donation rank:

01 Feb 2017 12:03

Well, all depends of traffic density. With normal traffic it really isn't realistic, but, with high enough traffic, it is important. I suggest you to do experiment: make high traffic and 4 crossroads far enough, e.g. 5 km, wich are connected like square and do experiment: First do one circle with only right turning, then only left turning, but don't use right lane, only left.
I can show example in Belgrade, on crossroad with really high traffic in rush hour: https://www.google.rs/maps/@44.8146437, ... 526,18.25z
There is public camera: http://saobracaj.bg-info.org/kamere-uzivo, click on "Raskrsnica PC Ušće", from which you can see work of semaphore. It isn't complete immobile, but is enough to see.
In Bulevar Mihajla Pupina is green wawe, but it isn't matter now. From Branko's bridge are 2 lanes for left and semaphore for left for many years, and in oposite direction is 1 lane for left. I am talking about it. Untill 2015, there wasn't semaphore for left and green turns on at the same time on both direction. In rush hour, turning left was really hard and you will have to wait several cycles. Then there are set semaphore for left and, more imortant, green in direction from bridge turns on about 10s later. Now turning left is ok.
I hope that it is clear why I do that. You can see on video on 1. page how it looks and you know how it looks on T crossroad, which I want to fix. But I noticed that semaphore profile is same on, e.g. 4x2t med 0 m oneway 1a, which is totally stupid. In direction for straight and left there should be always green, but situation is (after changing semaphore profile for X crossroad) there are 30s for both red, or street where are green doesn't exsist. Good example of those prefabs is around Frankfurt airport.
Today I saw that Dutch map assets don't have those problematic prefabs (all T and ew crossroads, or only ew crossroads), so I ask you to give me them to correct this. And please, tell me how you set paths in Zmodeler.
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

01 Feb 2017 12:13

You miss the main point here: the intersection you showed has dedicated turning lanes. In fact, these things are pretty common in Europe and in those situation you can perfectly set up conflict-free left turns. In fact, in ETS2 we have a few intersections like that in Scandinavia.
However, most intersections, especially the ones from the base game, don't have these dedicated turning lanes and therefore this method can't be applied. Or you need to rebuild them all and add even more prefabs to also provide the transitions at the start of the turning lanes. You might not want to open this can of worms...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

brainiac
Donation rank:

01 Feb 2017 12:18

I know that ETS2 intersections don't have left turning lanes, but my method is good for speeding up turning left. I really don't want to lose hours in waiting. Try experiment with and without my semaphore profiles and you will see difference.
And we have examples of it in Beogradska and Starine Novaka streets:
https://www.google.rs/maps/@44.8086596,20.4740705,17z
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

legendskills
Donation rank:

02 Feb 2017 12:43

Just wondering do I need the behavior mod from D.B. creation still with this mod or no?

brainiac
Donation rank:

02 Feb 2017 17:52

No. I just recommended.
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information