How to become a beta tester?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
TylerWin

02 Apr 2017 17:39

Hi, ive been playing with promods for some time now and intrested in becoming a beta tester if possible.
Can someone please lead me in the right direction.

mbman212
Donation rank:

02 Apr 2017 18:52

Hello.

I'll only give you the information I know how you will be selected to our beta-testing team.

First of all, your behavior is the main key for this. If you behave kindly towards other users and our team, then you do have chance to be selected.

Another team member can add other info is necessary.
#8 Forum Spammer

ETS2 v1.38.1.15, ProMods 2.5x, DLC content

12,50% explored
Driven km 67,200
2957 hours of ETS2

ATS v1.38x, DLC content

29,46% explored
Driven mi 19,000
271 hours of ATS

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

02 Apr 2017 19:13

- One can not become a beta-tester by asking.
- One needs to show good/helpful behavior on the forum.
- One needs to have knowledge of the game, and some knowledge in modding (what can be done, and what can not.
- One needs to stand out in the crowd on the forum.
- One needs to be noticed by the team (not by asking though)
- And mostly, pure luck.

The yellows are not some random test-team, they are a well chosen team. They earned their status.

Asking to become one in the very first post on the forum, actually gives you less of a chance to become one. (Although we may forget the question)
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Vøytek
Developer

02 Apr 2017 20:21

Well, here's my little tip.

Report a lot of bugs, that's the only way to become a beta-tester. Otherwise, we have no idea if you're a good tester.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

smith121363
Donation rank:

02 Apr 2017 21:25

I could be totally wrong, but I heard that if you donate $1,000,000.00 U.S. Dollars, you stand a better chance of becoming a beta tester !! :lol:

Callipso
Donation rank:

02 Apr 2017 21:37

You must begin by reporting bugs in the bug reports forum. Following proper procedure on doing so is quite important as you will see if you do get selected. Include all the details required in the how to report a bug post is a good start, make sure to include details of the bug and how it is affecting the game if necessary.

I pretty much flooded the bug reports forum every couple of days with the bugs I would find from the newest available version of the mod, its a good way to be "noticed" and shows your commitment to the process and gives an idea of your effectiveness as a tester. Both traits are important if you are to stick around as a Yellow member.

Obviously, you must also communicate with the community a measure on how well you can get along with others and respect, and work with them is an essential skill. Having new ideas and some idea of basic functions of the game and the editor so you can suggest a quick fix or something more elaborate can help you "stand out."
smith121363 wrote:I could be totally wrong, but I heard that if you donate $1,000,000.00 U.S. Dollars, you stand a better chance of becoming a beta tester !! :lol:
not sure on the effectiveness of this idea, of course why would you donate when you could simply buy off the mod from ScuL or Nico. I'm sure they might be interested in your "donation" to the cause :lol:

Noah_Lukas

03 Apr 2017 20:37

Good to know about all this now :lol: ;)
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

brads331

23 Aug 2018 16:21

Well.... if I want to become a beta tester, but don't generally use the forums would that be an issue?

Nissantruck

23 Aug 2018 16:35

Well i think so.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

Vøytek
Developer

23 Aug 2018 17:03

Well, you need to report bugs on our forum to become a beta tester... So how do you want to skip this part?
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information