France and Monaco Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
PirriAND

11 Apr 2017 22:02

Wow man, i think that you should help the ProMods team when they plan on building Monaco.

Shiva

11 Apr 2017 23:27

Not more than maybe giving them suggestions by the forum.
And wishes.
No garage in Monaco, I hope.
But a place where to pickup/dropoff road equipment could be plausible.
"Tunnel and road reworks"
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

redlineshooter1
Donation rank:

12 Apr 2017 08:21

i have driven manaco in other games to know that anything past 15 foot lorry wouldn't be usable especially on the f1 circuit or even part of it, from what I've seen of manaco you be using light trucks such fuso, hino and leyland, you wouldn't get a 30-40 foot trailer around that route..

whilst it be cool to drive around manaco the reality of towing something behind you will not happen..

Shiva

12 Apr 2017 08:51

redlineshooter1, check this:
PirriAND wrote:I just found this, i hope you enjoy it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xb910_0Gf0
Sort of the only places where normal deliveries are allowed.
Would fit Promods, but maybe rather with a newer and a bit shorter route towards delivery points.

And then this, is what I strongly suspect is a NOT normal delivery.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBpzQPf2_MU&t=485s
I'll gladly not have this in ProMods.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.

PirriAND

12 Apr 2017 11:45

^That's tight... And i thought driving a truck through my country was a big deal :lol:

SkGe
Donation rank:

12 Apr 2017 12:59

France merge become Monaco main story. I don't understand why some of you desire small places like tiny country in a map that can barely fit other things... but each one with the different taste.
Can we resume to the main topic guys?

Nectaria Coutayar
Donation rank:

12 Apr 2017 13:13

As a whole there still a lot that needs to be done in France, for example we're still missing the in real life vital North-Mid road called A1 that for some reason SCS just doesn't care about while it is a lot more important than the A2-A26 connection they use.

The transition of the A6-A7 in the Centre of Lyon should be without traffic lights or we could use the A46 to the east of the town but that probably runs into space limitations.

Paris, despite all the hype I don't see as an improvement, I hope ProMods will put their version back in. Same for Bordeaux which is now an unfinished where it was fine before.

We also lack any form of distance markers like we have in other countries.

All in all, a lot still needs to be done in France before it's up to the standard of let's say Germany or Poland, and as trucks are forbidden in Monaco it's a redundant topic, sure it would be nice, but actually driving through Monaco - as I often have to do - really isn't pleasant at all.
lvl 209 - 912000km - Scania R730 - 61% map coverage

monitorjorge

12 Apr 2017 15:07

and about Le Mans.. very sad with current version. The PM version is much better.. i remember driving in "virage de indianapolis and virage de Arnage." Used by 24h race.
PROMODS | RUSMAP | SOUTHERN REGION | GREAT STEPPE | MIDDLE EAST | LEVEL 65

Shiva

12 Apr 2017 19:15

Nectaria Coutayar wrote: and as trucks are forbidden in Monaco it's a redundant topic, sure it would be nice, but actually driving through Monaco - as I often have to do - really isn't pleasant at all.
You have apparently not read nor checked the links in my posts.
There you can see the roads that trucks are permitted to use.
Not pleasant, on that I agree.

Without Monaco talk, this thread would be mostly halfdead, until updates are shown.

Bordeaux, the parts that are ingame and things added by ProMods, they are quite nice.
Lyon, there I would love to see improvements.
Rennes ring road, looks lovely, but..... YIKES at the space it takes."Similar to Göteborg in Sweden"

JohannesKauffmann

14 Apr 2017 11:05

Devilagent wrote:Why people are asking for monaco while the rebuilding of the old scs part of france is way more important then a small place like that? The same goes for Spain where people ask for ceuta instead of the mainland Spain and the tiny islands around Brittain while the rebuilding of the main roads of the UK is not being discussed. Maybe I'm alone with this :shock:
You're not alone with this. To me, details like correct signage and prefabs are much more important than having these tiny little states like Monaco. It's why I play Promods, and Promods only. Like forum user Nectaria Coutayar said (two posts above me), there still isn't an A1 (almost the single most important motorway in France), the A6-A7 transition in Lyon is horrendous and a boatload of other small details are missing (see my other posts). But remember, Promods devs are also human beings, and the I think the best way to get stuff into the game that you want is to do it yourself, instead of begging for Monaco on this forum. It's what Promods devs are doing right now. I tried some Blender, and yes, it's not easy for a beginner, but we all start somewhere.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information