Recruiting ProMods ATS developers

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
jrcroz86

09 Jan 2017 05:01

if someone was willing to teach, i would definatly help as much as i could.
Crosby Line Haul

OWNER
Gary Crosby

Vøytek
Developer

19 Jan 2017 20:05

Modding is about learning many things by yourself ;)
Open map editor. Spend many hours on checking what is available to use (models, roads, signs), then try to rebuild something / build something from scratch. Learn the basics (you can do it with some tutorials) and then you can get more help from our devs when you'll be sure that mapping is a hobby for you.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

joboline
Donation rank:

18 Feb 2017 13:42

Filipenis wrote:If it isn't too late, I'd hopefully like to be part of the team of prospects to help develop Promods for ATS.

I'm from California, and would like to overhaul signage, utility poles/pylons, highway lights, along with custom interchanges.

I just feel as if the LA area was given a quick look and doesn't really emulate how massive it is in real life. I understand there are size limitations, but the size LA should take up should be quite larger than the area it currently encompasses. I would, however for starters, like to begin by maybe redesigning the 15 between what should be San Bernadino and San Diego. This is an important logistics connection, more important than the 5 for truckers. I'd love to help remedy its absence and would take a passion in doing so.

I honestly just need to be taught heightmapping within the editor along with designing custom road pieces.
PLEASE you're so completely right! I'd love to see Park Row Bridge and the US 110 approaching downtown LA it is a key feature of LA road network in my opinion and and would not take that much space. I really can't understand why SCS made LA look like a village even after the rescale. Some suburbs would be nice as well. Please realize this great idea of yours!

Prophet4NO1
Donation rank:

17 Apr 2017 18:56

I can not be much help on the actually modeling side, but I work in road striping currently. I would be happy to help in some sort of advisory compacity. The road striping problems in stock ATS drives me nuts. lol

This is my main work truck. It's a road grooving machine. Here in Minnesota we groove out where the paint will go. It's mainly so the paint will not get scraped off by snow plows. Works too. After a couple winters the paint is almost 100% intact usually and still has the shiny reflective beads embedded in it.

Image20161005_192220 by Prophet4NO1, on Flickr

Noah_Lukas

17 Apr 2017 23:08

Wow nice picture :D
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

Prophet4NO1
Donation rank:

18 Apr 2017 03:13

Noah_Lukas wrote:Wow nice picture :D

Thanks. We were dumping concrete dust from the hopper in the back. The truck is pretty nuts. It has a 400hp Cummins for driving and a John Deere industrial engine in the big box in the middle. That engine drives four hydraulic pumps. Those pumps run the cutting heads, the fan for the vac system, augers for unloading, and a creep drive for when actually working.

This is what the heads look like. They slide out on rams. Between the camera system and the cutters sliding out we can cut out to about 13 feet from the center of the road, or whatever we are following.

Image20150831_182939 by Prophet4NO1, on Flickr

We are swapping heads in this pic. That is a 7 inch wide head for edge line down the side of the road. They come back and put a 6 inch paint stripe down it. 4 and 6 inch are the common stripe widths on roads. Gores for off ramps can be 11-12 inches. Some of those we use contrast tape on these days. Especially on concrete. So you get a white stripe with black stripes down each side.

Prophet4NO1
Donation rank:

18 Apr 2017 03:17

Couple examples of contrast tape. Not my pictures.

ImageContrast-Tape-Roundabout by Prophet4NO1, on Flickr

Image1334340621PM380-5_Contrast_Tape_02 by Prophet4NO1, on Flickr

Noah_Lukas

18 Apr 2017 13:24

+rep best pictures buddy ;)
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

Callipso
Donation rank:

18 Apr 2017 21:44

I'm not sure advisory roles are up for grabs here, the devs might consider some of the ideas you have though for their road models when they get to editing them. At the moment I'm sure the focus is on finding people who can edit the map or are committed to trying to learn how to do editing for ATS.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

18 Apr 2017 22:30

Indeed. There are enough "advisors" for both ETS2 and ATS. But what we really need is manpower to transform these ideas into an actual map and assets.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information