Development on version 1.x (Finland - Project Napapiiri)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Dannu
Donation rank:

16 May 2014 16:15

Can i help you with Tornio? You need this building at Finland-Sweden border:https://www.google.fi/maps/@65.842255,2 ... kdYGnQ!2e0 In the plate It shoud read Ruotsi
Sverige. If you need more pictures, let me know. -MrSimsFani
Ex-ProMods Beta Tester from 1.90 to 2.64

Dannu
Donation rank:

16 May 2014 16:18

PS: Do you need traffic plate pictures?
Ex-ProMods Beta Tester from 1.90 to 2.64

onestone
Donation rank:

17 May 2014 11:11

First of all i must say that i really enjoy the ProMods map and i think you've done a great job over all. Huge respect and hats off! I also want to say that i understand that there are limitations as to what can be done. However, since Turku is my hometown, i'd like to share a few thoughts. If they are already planned or discussed elsewhere i apologize in advance and if that's the case maybe someone could point me in the right direction.

One thing i haven't seen is the Aura river. The river runs right through the centre of Turku. There's a number of bridges and some old ships which are turned into floating reastaurants. Actually the port of Turku is situated next to where the river runs out in the sea and the surrounding archipelago. Also near the port next to the Aura river there's the medieval Turku Castle. On the opposite side of the river and the Turku Castle there's the building Airiston tähti (the Airisto Star). I'm not sure but i think i saw a picture here with that building. If so, that's great cause it's for sure one of the modern landmarks in Turku.

Just a few thoughts that i think would make Turku far more realistic. Thanks for a fantastic map so far and keep up the good work!

Platypus
Developer

17 May 2014 11:58

Hello,
Päivää,

Here answers to some questions. Thanks for comments ;-)

- For Turku, there were already some improvements done to town. Archipelago near the Harbour has been added in next version.
- I already thinked to medieval castle, I have to look for a model that can be converted. Aurajoki is also an idea. I will think to it and see how both could by placed in a future version.
- About Tornio, here is a plan of city (yet too many holes in decor to give a picture). There is a building looking a little to the suggested one, but it's too big to insert on this place, due to scale. I have to give priority to industries, otherwise it will be nothing to deliver in Tornio... The main road going from Finland to Sweden will be represented with two runabouts. Also Tornionjoki will be present. It will be possible to cross the border to deliver some goods to a big shop in Sweden ;)
tornio.jpg
tornio.jpg (41.56 KiB) Viewed 2676 times
The actual sign indicates 'Sverige', I need to see if a bilingual could be done. For pictures, thanks a lot, but I have actually enough documentation with Google SV.

Have a nice day !

rarespetrosanu

17 May 2014 12:03

Great stuff
We thank you :)
The bridge over Torne river will be present?
You have moved so quickly to reach the Swedish border :P , in the Lapland area
Last edited by rarespetrosanu on 17 May 2014 12:08, edited 1 time in total.

Platypus
Developer

17 May 2014 12:08

If I good remember, Torne is the smaller river that marks the border. If correct, this will be present with the bridge across the border.

In fact, I build the South of Finland until Kuopio and Jyväskylä. This part is actually tested and will come with the next version.
I'm now working on Tornio/Oulu/Rovaniemi but those will not be in next version, simply because between Oulu and Jyväskylä, there is actually nothing ...

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

17 May 2014 12:28

I like the city map of Tornio pretty cool :) not to mention that it is in northern and remote parts of Finland

rarespetrosanu

17 May 2014 12:57

Thank you again :)
I wouldn't have thought that i will see Finland that big with all major cities and reaching Rovaniemi so close to Artic Circle
Great job and keep up the good work

sw3gameboy

17 May 2014 13:06

Tornio looks really nice on the map, great job :o

Vladzz-G
Developer

17 May 2014 13:20

Looks amazing. :)

Interesting is that, that the swedish part of this city is not Tornio anymore. It's Haparanda. I can guess, that this big prefab in Haparanda is an IKEA. :)
Maybe you will "split" this city in two parts - Tornio and Haparanda, if it's possible? I can guess, that it will hard, because these two cities are very close to each other, and it's possible, that it will hard to click on them in "freight market". But you can try to split this city in two parts, if you want. ;)

I can add one fact, that in my country, Latvia also have one city, which belongs to both countries (Latvia & Estonia). It's Valka (LV) / Valga (EST). ;) (Sorry for off-top)

Anyway, I wish you success in mapbuilding, and keep going to do this amazing work. :)
ETS2 HQ: Balvi (LV)
ETS2 truck license plate: NI-7211
ATS HQ: San Francisko (California)
ATS truck license plate: VP96851

Main developer of Baltic merge project
Main developer of Finland project

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information