ATS Signage Project

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
NMCV431

28 Apr 2017 01:28

EDIT (5/3/2017): Version 0.2 is now live! Check below for more details.
EDIT (5/4/2017): Version 0.2.1 is now live! This hotfix was thrown together after I went through the map editor and saw a couple issues with the new signage in Arizona. I've fixed it for your convenience. Enjoy!

Hello, everyone!

SCS' lack of polish with Interstate and other signage in this game has always kinda bugged me, so I've taken it upon myself to correct/update it. The end result is... the ATS Signage Project!

So, you're probably wondering: what exactly does this mod do?
1. Redesigns Interstate and other highway signage on ATS roads to more closely match their IRL counterparts
2. Adds mileage signs on alongside Interstate highways in CA/NV, and above them in AZ
3. Adds guide signs on side roads that previously did not have them
4. Corrects directional errors by SCS (e.g. I-10 South, I-5 West, US-60 North - these are impossible!)
5. Removes "Freeway Entrance" signs on on-ramps outside of California and Nevada (as they are the only states that have them)
6. Adds "Freeway Entrance" signs on non-Interstate highways in California and Nevada
7. "Extends" I-10 to its real-life terminus at CA-1 in Santa Monica
8. Adds signs for various landmarks in Los Angeles, San Diego, Phoenix, Tucson, and beyond

NEW! Version 0.2.* released, check out what changes I've made here:

I've based the placement of some of the signs, especially in southern California, around stoked_dude's fantastic Project West map mod. As such, it's required for ATS-SP to work.

What's planned for the next version, you might ask? Well, I'm leaving that up to you. Let me know in the comments what you'd want to see me tackle next. Out of deference to stoked_dude, the Las Vegas area and US-395 are out (since those roads are getting polished for PW).

COMPATIBILITY:
ATS-SP v0.2.1 works with ATS v1.6.* and Project West v1.3.*. I haven't tested this with any other map mods, such as C2C, Canadream, etc, and ATS-SP is not specifically designed to work with them. I've heard some people here and on Reddit say that the mod works fine with them, but again, I can't confirm that they will work 100%. Use at your own risk!

OFFICIAL DOWNLOAD LINKS:
The DEF file for the current version (0.2.1) can be downloaded here: http://promods.net/sm_forward.html?lnk=/urrb04gw9ihw/spdef_v0.2.1.scs.html
The MAP file for the current version (0.2.1) can be downloaded here: http://promods.net/sm_forward.html?lnk=/520nnwvycftq/spmap_v0.2.1.scs.html
LOAD ORDER: You'll want to load the DEF file first, then the MAP file, then Project West 1.3.*.

Thanks, and enjoy! If you spot any bugs or errors, let me know in the comments. If you notice some map errors up by Kayenta, I am aware of them. I think it might have something to do with PW; I've let stoked_dude know and it'll be fixed for the next version of Project West/ATS-SP v0.2.2.
Last edited by NMCV431 on 11 May 2017 02:53, edited 4 times in total.
Creator, ATS Signage Project (ATS-SP)
ProMods ATS Recruit

Tanksome
Donation rank:

28 Apr 2017 02:42

I do have a option
As a 'Murican myself i hope the rest of the freeways, especially I-5 and CA-99
I like it already, even when the map file is downloading now :D

Callipso
Donation rank:

28 Apr 2017 07:04

SCS really did make a sad case out of this connection area, this branch as you will see below

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.4583106 ... 6656?hl=en

does not go to US-60 East, though it does go to the Red Mountain Freeway aka SR-202

US 60 comes in from the North where it is dubbed the Phoenix-Wickenburg hwy (also Grand Avenue) merges with I-17 and follows it past the changeover to I-10 and all the way to the south of Tempe. This is where US-60, now called the Superstition Freeway heads east to Globe.

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.3961885 ... 6656?hl=en

Good ol' Phoenix though SR-51 and SR-202 don't have names associated with them on the actual signage they just got the number and and arrow and they only appear at the actual exit. This kind of thinking makes you often get lost in Phoenix like I have done many times going in circles till you go mad.

Your signs are better than the original though I'd hesitate to call them realistic since you won't get lost following your directions.

btw if you can add the SR-51 reference marker to the Piestwa Freeway exit sign that would be even better.

brainiac
Donation rank:

28 Apr 2017 08:26

As Project west is required, I suggest merging these 2 projects as soon as possible.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

Drive Safely

28 Apr 2017 10:57

Would be nice if you could get into contact with stoked_dude to get your work merged into his map. :)

brainiac
Donation rank:

28 Apr 2017 11:11

NMCV431, why your name is in light blue?
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

Vøytek
Developer

28 Apr 2017 11:13

He's one of our recruits.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

28 Apr 2017 11:15

ATS recruit.

Ninja'ed.....
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Mooner_37
Donation rank:

28 Apr 2017 17:37

Nice development. You got a new fan of your project! I'm a freak when it comes to collecting highway signs and mileage signs
ETS2 / ATS

Current Headquarters: Liège, Berlin, L.A. Luxemburg, Seattle
Current Trucks: ETS2: 15 ATS: 2
Driving Truck: ETS2: DAF XF ATS: Peterbilt 579
Current Mileage: ETS2: 462,317 km (287,270.46 miles) - ATS: 329,972 km (205,035 miles)
Level: ETS2: 65 - ATS: 48

NMCV431

28 Apr 2017 20:26

Callipso wrote:SCS really did make a sad case out of this connection area, this branch as you will see below
Oh, absolutely. I've been to Phoenix, and yeah, it's not 100% "realistic." But I can see why they dumped US-60 out there - its IRL interchange would be way too close, and it could be fairly neatly dropped into the AZ-202 spot.

And about the AZ-51 sign, I'd absolutely add that in if I knew how to add external guide signs in. It's not in the game by default.
Creator, ATS Signage Project (ATS-SP)
ProMods ATS Recruit

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information