Ireland

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
rarespetrosanu

20 May 2014 17:49

I just saw in a screenshot on steam a direction to Belfast , so for me is obvious now that SCS made Ireland and Northern Ireland - new type of trees and new vegetation :)
New places in that dlc paint irish flag
I don't want to believe that the next DLC will include only this part of Europe :( but it's possible

jontsuba
Donation rank:

20 May 2014 19:59

Links?

rarespetrosanu

20 May 2014 21:04

I have played this game for almost an entire year but those lands for me - never been there :) except the first 2 pictures - first on A9 after Glasgow , second on A30 south England :)

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

23 May 2014 12:24

A picture of a sign pointing towards "Belfast" is circulating social media. Could it be a hint, with the recent release of the paint packs that SCS is actually making Ireland? I'd love to see it in the game, it's taken far too long...

P.S - I'm skeptical though, as SCS always omit quality on their maps. It would be nice if Ireland actually reminded players of the actual island.

Nemmm21
Donation rank:

23 May 2014 13:02

Hm ... this photo is on the steam.
I'm not sad because of DLC Ireland because ProMods doing nothing on Ireland. Do not forget that here is a pair of inactive projects ... Waiting for news!
Logitech G25 + GamePad Xbox360
All DLCs without National Flags

ScuL
Founder

23 May 2014 13:41

Maybe there was a reason for us not doing anything in Ireland any more ;)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

23 May 2014 15:29

ScuL wrote:Maybe there was a reason for us not doing anything in Ireland any more ;)
I figured, but I wasn't sure since you said once that you're waiting for SCS to make their mind up :lol:

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

23 May 2014 15:36

This all seems like pretty clear evidence to me ;)

I never spotted the Belfast sign until rarespetrosanu pointed it out...

P.S I just looked up the topic in google and found that there is a discussion about it on the SCS forum. However, half of them do not appear to know what they are talking about: :lol: :roll:

Code: Select all

Reef: I haven't been but i'd suggest following the ProMods WIP threads on their own forum, because if they are working on and putting a lot of effort into adding Ireland into their mod in the future then i doubt SCS will be tbh.

Thing is Promods have been working much more closely with SCS recently and i think it'd be counter productive for them both to be working on the same areas, of course this is only my own thoughts and speculations, absolutely no idea if its right or not..

It may be that SCS are working on a basic structure of Ireland and Promods will be filling in the gaps, but going by the amount of effort and detail SCS put into the Going East expansion i highly doubt they'd settle for releasing a basic purchasable DLC..

Perhaps Promods (well scul99 or whatever his name is) already knows what SCS mappers are working on and is directing his own team to cover other neighbouring areas instead? Who knows, I sure don't.

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

23 May 2014 15:43

I have to be honest though, the sign looks shit. Let's hope the rest of the DLC isn't like that.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

23 May 2014 15:53

I can confirm this is picture is definitely not Promods material. Otherwise, we would've used the correct sign font (Transport) :mrgreen:
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information