Development on version 1.x (Current Map Improvements)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
jasper

24 May 2014 08:18

I am asking that question myself since the blog post from SCS team , that they said there will be new dlc with map expansion , so is that new DLC will clash or force me to turn off my favorite mod"Promods"?
Volvo FH Globetrotter XL 750HP 6X2/4 Midlift

Map coverage: 44,78%
Truck driven distance: 12275 Km
Overall driven distance: 879873 Km
Driven distance during jobs:548030 Km
HQ garage : Nice , France
Trips completed : 450

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

24 May 2014 08:29

jasper wrote:I am asking that question myself since the blog post from SCS team , that they said there will be new dlc with map expansion , so is that new DLC will clash or force me to turn off my favorite mod"Promods"?
ScuL wrote:Don't worry we already knew this for 6 months

We will combine ProMods with the DLC and get best of both worlds :mrgreen:
I.o.w. when SCS releases its next DLC, there will be an almost simultaneous ProMods release which will be compatible with said DLC.

Then, long term...
ScuL wrote:In the future our mod will require all official DLC's (we also have to make links to Go East for Romania and it would be impossible to have a working mod without the DLC)
Usually, if one reads more than one post, answers to questions reveal themselves. :P :mrgreen:
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

JESAN
Donation rank:

24 May 2014 10:08

About Hungary and Austria...
I scrolled the posts refering to but did not find much about possible map developments for those countries
I noticed that Hungary's borders are not contoured on current map.Intentionally or a bug when I initially downloaded game ?
There is already an existing map so does Promods plan own development or possible collaboration with the author ?
Thanks for info

honza.tuhacek

24 May 2014 13:33

ScuL wrote:
honza.tuhacek wrote:I know it is probably too early for this question, but I try it anyway. Promods stay functional without that DLC or It will be required for continuing using promods?
In the future our mod will require all official DLC's (we also have to make links to Go East for Romania and it would be impossible to have a working mod without the DLC)
I already own going east so that´s no problem for me. Main reason for my question was, that I buy everything on steam when it is on sale, so basicaly in this case with few weeks (or months) delay after relase. So if I undestood correctly, after "going north" will be relased I will have to take a break from promods until I buy DLC.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

24 May 2014 13:40

Yeah so far we plan to make ProMods DLC compatible only (defo for the going north DLC)

But we will keep older versions of ProMods online for older ETS2 versions.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

lykopotoboy

24 May 2014 18:03

will the cities and junctions in the dlc be realistic like in pro mods or arcade like as usual
Connoisseur of all things road, rail, water, and flight!
World of Trucks:

ScuL
Founder

24 May 2014 18:16

the latter I'm afraid. Hence why we will mod it :)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

24 May 2014 18:16

From what I've seen, they will probably go for stock interchanges. Custom interchanges are not their thing. Expect details on other levels (buildings, flora, etc), but not on interchanges or infrastructure, as usual...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

lykopotoboy

24 May 2014 18:17

ok thanks
Connoisseur of all things road, rail, water, and flight!
World of Trucks:

Superdavecan

24 May 2014 19:11

I'm honestly quite disappointed that SCS decided to do a north DLC... :P Although, before I heard about ProMods I was hoping they would do precisely that. But now, you guys have done so much better than SCS would ever be willing to do... and these days ProMods is well-known enough that most people would just get the ProMods version if they wanted something with the Nordic countries. I mean, it's known to be an excellent map with unparallelled detail and modelling expertise... and I'm pretty sure SCS knows that too... and if SCS is going to make something that's not as good, well, they would have been better off focusing on other areas. :P I think an Italian expansion is long overdue, and I'm also disappointed that ProMods has not made any (long-term) plans for any Italian expansion other than Genoa, while at the same time an already-saturated Denmark is continuing to get even more towns. I think SCS should have gone in that direction, and maybe combined it with the Balkan countries... there's certainly enough demand for them! And if ProMods isn't working there (apart from Romania), then it would seem like a sensible choice for SCS.

Having said that, I think I also remember seeing something about the new DLC including Ireland. An expansion into Ireland combined with further UK expansion would be most welcome... indeed, there's a lot of space that could be filled in in the UK. I saw that ProMods had Norwich in the plans, but it would also be nice to have it go down into Cornwall, and have better coverage of Wales and Scotland. Scotland especially is quite empty. I personally would rather see improvements/expansions in the British Isles or in Italy and the Balkans, rather than SCS ruining the quality work that ProMods has done. And even with ProMods, I still think that Denmark is too full and I'd rather see improvements elsewhere, many of which are already in the works, such as Kutchek's continued French expansion, the Finnish project, a better Belgium and Netherlands, and more improvements in the UK. Even out of Norway and Sweden, I welcome PH-AMG's Norwegian improvements, and I also feel that since Denmark is already saturated, Sweden is a better place to focus your energy since there's plenty to add and improve, as well as more space to do it.

Anyway, just my personal opinion... ;)

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information