[Central] Paid download questions

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
mororo

08 Jun 2017 15:50

I very angry, Is this a scam?
Nowadays, I'm used to paying and having
Why do I have to wait for an email with a link to what I understand from this page.
I want the "promod" and I want it right now!
That's why I paid for it.
Send me the link or request a refund
And everywhere I call you a scam!

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

08 Jun 2017 16:28

Just remain calm and check your email, it will not take very long (course, that depends on your location)
You may need to check your spam folder too.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Almighty
Donation rank:

08 Jun 2017 18:04

And keep in mind you don't pay for the mod, you pay for the faster download service.
Happy trucking!

hpoonis

08 Jun 2017 19:03

The Mod package is fantastic...used it before the latest dlc came out. I appreciate the hard work.

I am HIGHLY skeptical. I don't give a hedgehog about the 1euro/dollar/pound. What I DO CARE ABOUT is the fact that I am railroaded into paying and this kind of tactic reminds me of Russian strong-arm tactics, with viral loads lingering in the package. I work for a reputable anti-virus company here in Slovakia...am sure you are aware of whom I speak.

Now, forgive me but... CARESS YOU! I would prefer to HAVE to pay 5EURO than to have some shady dragonfly tactics which make me believe that I am dealing with scammy hackers. Do us all a favour and make the pollinating thing legitimate because now I trust you as far as I could kiss a goose. This practice of hiding payments behind a deceptive wall of advertising on dodgy websits makes me very, very wary indeed. If I click on the separate files I do NOT get a slow download...I do NOT get a download at all. I get a meowing website that is promoting ...pink fluffy unicorn knows what...sport betting or some such. No download at all.

So, I shall pay the money...but...should I see the SLIGHTEST hint of Furby advertising then I will report you as theiving, scamming giant flying sheep to whichever autohority has jurisdiction in the country you lurk in.

Do the world a favour and charge money for all the hard work and get rid of the SCAMMING, ad-laden promotions. It makes me sick. I DESPISE ADVERTISING!
Last edited by ETS2-User on 08 Jun 2017 23:37, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: ...

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

08 Jun 2017 21:16

I do not really get your point, or see your problem.

I ALWAYS use BOTH the paid, AND the free download to download the latest version of the mod. Just to test them BOTH for any problems. I NEVER EVER had ANY problems with BOTH the paid OR the free download option.
Heck, even when people report issues with EITHER one of them, I put them BOTH to the test to verify the reported issue at hand.

Tested on 22:11 (UTC+2):
Paid download works FINE. I got the download link in my email immediately after paying €1,-.
Free download works FINE. All parts are downloaded as they should.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Vøytek
Developer

08 Jun 2017 21:25

I'm using the free download for more than 3 years now and didn't have any issues with it.
In the web, you have to know where you're clicking. If you're not sure, don't do it or you'll get yourself in trouble.
No idea if you noticed but we're always happy to help, even with incredibly easy things, so just ask if you can't use the Internet properly.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

ScuL
Founder

09 Jun 2017 00:54

As for the first poster's issue:
From PayPal Today:

Live Site Status Update
Notification: We are experiencing a system issue which may be affecting different functionalities on the PayPal Live Site. Please see the details below.

Some Instant Payment Notifications (IPN) may be delayed
Some email and SMS notifications may be delayed
Some transactions may be missing from the History page of the PayPal account and via transaction search functionality

Our technical teams have been engaged and are actively troubleshooting the issue.
Start time: Jun 8, 2017 02:00 AM EDT

At this time, there is no alternative work-around.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Shiva

12 Jun 2017 20:41

hpoonis and mororo, are your issues resolved?

hpoonis, maybe the company you work for, could provide ProMods with the servers/bandwith upload needed for ProMod files?
I thank you and your company in advance.

Scul, wouldnt it be great if you had a nice and free sponsored file host?
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

MrBob101
Donation rank:

29 Aug 2017 18:13

I'm definitely paying for the fast download to support the devs but I'm curious: will is also allow for fast downloading on the next version or do I need to pay a dollar everytime I download? Thanks

bmwGTR

29 Aug 2017 18:33

Hi,

you have to pay for every update - you pay for the bandwith, not for the mod.

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information