Next DLC in Scandinavia/Ireland?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
.:SKyy-V8:.

29 May 2014 17:25

Where is the point to make a new vanilla scandinavia if everybody will drive either way with promods

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

29 May 2014 18:16

What makes you believe that the term "everybody" is correct?

It's not. The vast majority of ETS2 users don't use any mods at all, or indeed even know they exist!

I've been professionally engaged in flight simulator development for the past twenty-odd years, and know that despite that length of time, fewer than 20% of all users know about 'freeware' addons, less than 5% know about 'payware' addons, and less than 2% buy addons... :o
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

30 May 2014 02:07

n4gix.bill.leaming wrote:<snip>
I've been professionally engaged in flight simulator development for the past twenty-odd years, and know that despite that length of time, fewer than 20% of all users know about 'freeware' addons, less than 5% know about 'payware' addons, and less than 2% buy addons... :o
That's an amazing statistic. What's the demographic on that? -everyone who bought the game, or actual long term players?
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

30 May 2014 09:46

Yeah, I knew the percentage would be low, but not that low. I was expecting closer to 50%! It shows how many people buy a game and then live in the dark ages with it. I played ETS 2 for just a couple of weeks before hearing about mods, maybe not even that. Mind you, it took me a few months more to figure out how they were installed. :roll: :lol:

rarespetrosanu

30 May 2014 13:01

I hope that the DLC Going North will have the size double then the previous DLC Going East :)
Triple will be awesome :D

.:SKyy-V8:.

30 May 2014 14:06

Yeah n4gix.bill you're right. But for the Promods users a South DLC ( South France/Italy , Spain, Portugal ) would better then an Northern DLC :P

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

30 May 2014 15:58

Jan Verschueren wrote:That's an amazing statistic. What's the demographic on that? -everyone who bought the game, or actual long term players?
It is a rough approximation based on an analysis of data gathered over the past fifteen years by several of the largest and most popular flight simulator websites (AVSIM.com and Flightsim.com), when compared to the total number* of sales of the MS Flight Simulator franchise over the same period.

Despite the "low percentages" however, in absolute terms that still equates to very significant numbers, else I'd be working in a different field! As a staff member at both of the aforementioned websites, I have access to a lot of data that regular members aren't privy to, so have been able to generate what I consider fairly accurate numbers. For example, while AVSIM currently has over 3 million registered members, the forum membership has just surpassed 160 thousand as of late yesterday afternoon. This represents ~5% potential participation in the forums of all possible members.

* Nota Bene: this is an aggregate number based on actual sales, and does not include 'pirate' copies.
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Zulnex
Donation rank:

30 May 2014 16:37

Splendid news! Looking forward to the release very much.

By the way, congratulations ProMods team on your wonderful achievement! Keep up the excellent work.

http://blog.scssoft.com/2014/05/visitor ... mment-form

M95

07 Jun 2014 19:25

What about the parts of Denmark you've made already. Will that be released before SCS is going to release the DLC, so you can drive those smaller roads to smaller cities, or is it fully cancelled in this format.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

08 Jun 2014 09:42

That work will not be diminished or obsolete after the DLC comes out. We are just figuring out how we are going to make the two play nice together ;)

There might be some cities that might be substituted by SCS versions of that same city (most likely Odense is going to be replaced by a better city), but only if that improves the representiveness...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information