(Better Poll) Where would you like to see next in Promods?

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
BereGhostsGIANTFan

30 Jul 2017 07:09

Out of these countries where would you like to be able to drive to? If a country is not connected to the current map please assume that the countries that are in between it and the current map are fully developed and finished. For example if you voted Portugal then assume that Spain was finished.

https://strawpoll.com/h6y9d2kx

M4rkus

30 Jul 2017 09:44

Whoa, that's quite a lot countries that are far away, many of which aren't even in Europe. I, for one, prefer rebuilds over new countries – because there's so much infrastructure that's inherited from vanilla game where there's still a lot room for improvement, particularly in the UK but also in Czechia, for instance. And of course, I'd like to see a finished Autobahn Rebuilding Project in Germany. But for the countries given, I'd say Greece - because that's a large part of Europe entirely missing ... and they have a cool ἀλφάβητος ...! And then Gibraltar, of course, because I like microstates. And they have funny monkeys :lol:

(Driving through the countries where you speak עברית and ქართული I would find interesting as well.)
Last edited by M4rkus on 30 Jul 2017 11:32, edited 1 time in total.

Noah_Lukas

30 Jul 2017 11:09

This will be a interesting experience :lol:
I would really like to see something like Saudi Arabia or UAE ... driving between sand hills and palm trees and the ocean in the background (or for the UAE you have the citys of Dubai and Abu Dhabi with all it's impressive sky scrapers and towers) ... this would be a very lovely scenery I would really love :) <3
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

Horizon™
Developer

30 Jul 2017 11:51

First country/region on my wishlist that I want to have is... Siberia, of course. It is amazingly vast area of tundras, and forests with rather few huge cities or towns, that would showcase the true beauty of Russia - forests, fields, hills, lakes (such as Lake Baikal), that cannot be seen from the Russian dash cam videos, by the way. It would be amazing to do a trip from Latvia to Vladivostok, which is more than 10,000km of road that must be driven to reach either EU countries from Vladivostok, or from EU countries to Vladivostok. That makes it much more simple, is that majority of the way to Vladivostok is literally a corridor, as there aren't much major routes to reach it other way (Unless you are ready to take a train from Moscow, or other major Russia town). In addition to that, roads there would be rather bad quality, however, that would make the road trip much more exciting.

Second country on my wishlist is not really a country, but few countries - Kazakhstan, and Mongolia. In Mongolia, it would give a player a sense of loneliness, because of vast desert landscapes, and lonely road that goes somewhere. In addition to that, we all as players and fans of the mod, would want to have some deserts - we already have forests, semi dry terrain, snow, however, at the moment no desert. In addition to that, it would make some interesting delivery points, at border crossings with China (as foreign drivers cannot drive there, neither the foreign cars). China would also be interesting to have, if we would have enough of images and information, and would totally forget that Chinese government doesn't allow cars with foreign license plates or even a foreign drivers.

My third, and sort of last big country in the wishlist is - Japan. As far as I know, there are car ferry links from Russia to somewhere in Japan, that would allow us to have even more awesome landscapes and big cities such as Tokyo. And believe me, journey from Tokyo to somewhere in Europe would be an experience that so far, no map I know, cannot give you. You may ask, why Japan? Well, it is good-looking country, lots of ports, and manufacturing businesses, that ProMods could use - manufacturers such as Daihatsu are very popular, because of their kei cars, therefore, such companies would allow us to have a variety of products to be transported.

That's my ultimate wishlist. Of course, Caucasus region wouldn't be too bad, however, I would be more interested to go more east.
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

brainiac
Donation rank:

30 Jul 2017 12:44

I would like to see China because it has very massive highway network and, on east there are very big cities each with its own (wide) highway network; and, in center and on south are mountains, so I guess that highways are beatiful. Unfortunately, China don't have street view and satelite images on Google Earth isn't good as in, e.g. USA.
DeusHorizon wrote:
In addition to that, it would make some interesting delivery points, at border crossings with China (as foreign drivers cannot drive there, neither the foreign cars). China would also be interesting to have, if we would have enough of images and information, and would totally forget that Chinese government doesn't allow cars with foreign license plates or even a foreign drivers.
This is very strange. China has highways to far west of country, almost uninhabited deserts and foreign vehicles can't get in. I can't believe.
DeusHorizon wrote:
My third, and sort of last big country in the wishlist is - Japan. As far as I know, there are car ferry links from Russia to somewhere in Japan, that would allow us to have even more awesome landscapes and big cities such as Tokyo. And believe me, journey from Tokyo to somewhere in Europe would be an experience that so far, no map I know, cannot give you. You may ask, why Japan? Well, it is good-looking country, lots of ports, and manufacturing businesses, that ProMods could use - manufacturers such as Daihatsu are very popular, because of their kei cars, therefore, such companies would allow us to have a variety of products to be transported.
https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=244283
I think that that is very promising project. The team is growing.
Last edited by brainiac on 30 Jul 2017 14:20, edited 1 time in total.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

Horizon™
Developer

30 Jul 2017 12:57

The thing is that, Chinese government doesn't allow motor vehicles that has foreign license plates to enter the country, and doesn't recognise International Driver's License, therefore, the person has to have Chinese number plates, and I believe, Chinese driving license. As far as I know, for e.g. tourists could go with their car, but must do the things that I have specified, and have a guide that would drive throughout the country. Not sure with trucks, but that may be applied to them too.
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

BereGhostsGIANTFan

30 Jul 2017 16:29

Yes, imagine a drive from Reykjavik to Tokyo. The scenery you would see, the different landscapes whizzing past and of course the pay and the xp. The downside is that it would take about 3 and a half to 4 real life hours to get there.

Noah_Lukas

30 Jul 2017 17:45

BereGhostsGIANTFan wrote:
Yes, imagine a drive from Reykjavik to Tokyo. The scenery you would see, the different landscapes whizzing past and of course the pay and the xp. The downside is that it would take about 3 and a half to 4 real life hours to get there.
That would be awesome wouldn't it? :D
DeusHorizon wrote:
It would be amazing to do a trip from Latvia to Vladivostok, which is more than 10,000km of road that must be driven to reach either EU countries from Vladivostok, or from EU countries to Vladivostok.
Or even further to Magadan this would be reaaaaaally incredible too :D :D <3
To be exactly: Image
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

M4rkus

30 Jul 2017 19:15

BereGhostsGIANTFan wrote:
Yes, imagine a drive from Reykjavik to Tokyo. [...] The downside is that it would take about 3 and a half to 4 real life hours to get there.
Wouldn't it be more like ten hours? Look at Noah Lukas’ screenshot, Google Maps says it's about 160h real driving time (by car). So considering that 4 seconds real time make 1 minute in-game time (iirc), you could spend about half a day for that journey. And imagine how long the mapping process would take ...! It might be about as likely as Moon Truck Simulator if it's done in 1:19 scale. But then, of course, it's legitimate to fantasize a bit.
Wait until I do the next concept map for ARP ........ will anybody now start Moon Truck Simulator?!

What would be quite an interesting idea, though, is Japan Truck Simulator ... I think this would awake my interest more than American Truck Simulator ;)

Horizon™
Developer

30 Jul 2017 20:23

I don't really care about such long distances, because if ProMods ever does it (which hopefully we do), people would be able to choose shorter jobs, and not the ones that take half a day, or so. However, I would love to experience the size of Russia, and driving so much kilometres just in one country to another side of the road. In addition to that, even taking a ferry to land in Japan.
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information