France and Monaco Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.

Topolino

14 Aug 2017 20:19

That's an old version... :P

V2.1 has already released: https://ets2.lt/en/paris-rebuild-v-2-1/
Former beta tester (June 2018 to March 2019)
v1.0: EuRoadNet

loupdargent

14 Aug 2017 20:53

All the SCS cities in France need a rebuild, some scenery on the roads of the DLC are acurate and really good, but the cities are bad.

I know by heart three cities : Montpellier, Lyon and Clermont. And i can't recognize anything from Montpellier or Clermont in game. Lyon is better because of the fourvière tunnel.

Even in TSM Clermont and Montpellier are a bit better, but their roads are really bad compared to SCS ones.

taurus31

15 Aug 2017 00:11

Yeah I was so desapointed when SCS released Vive la France.....

I'm from Toulouse, and I know a lot this cities and Bordeaux also..... and these cities was better in France made by Kutchek in Promods, before Vive La France.

Moroever, ALL cities need a rebuilt, not the landscapes (maybe a bit, but SCS did a great work). I think SCS rushed this DLC.

Roudou

15 Aug 2017 02:17

What do you mean by "I know this or this city" ? Are you talking about the city itself, or the suburbs ? If you are talking about the city itself, it is absolutely normal that you don't recognize it as semi-trailers are generally ban in cities. In Vive la France, SCS took the decision to be more realistic, by representing the industrial zones than the residential ones, while their job is maybe not perfect, it is not bad at all. Actually, going threw Fourvière tunnel (Lyon) with a semi-trailer is completely unrealistic, driving in Paris with a semi-trailer is completely unrealistic, and I suppose that driving in Montpellier, Toulouse, Bordeaux or whatever french city with a semi-trailer is also completely unrealistic.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

15 Aug 2017 08:31

loupdargent wrote:
14 Aug 2017 20:53
Even in TSM Clermont and Montpellier are a bit better, but their roads are really bad compared to SCS ones.
You do realise that these cities in TSM are not Clermont and Montpellier, but copies of other cities on the map...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

loupdargent

15 Aug 2017 12:09

@Roudou : When i say i know a city i mean i lived there (22 years in Montpellier, 3 years in Lyon) and i'm living actualy in Clermont since 5 years, so i know the city center AND the suburbs (where i live by the way).

I don't expect to drive with a long haul in the city center, just have some elements to recognize something, like in Clermont, the tramway is cool but nobody cares about the Conseil Regional (which is in the center by the way), and the two greatest symbols of Clermont are not there, first the Puy de Dôme, an ancient volcano just west of the city (not doing that would be like doing Cassino without monte cassino), and second, the black cathedral made with volcanic stones, we can see it from almost everywhere in Clermont.

@Mandelsoft : i'm not telling that TSM cities are great, to be fair i prefer SCS ones in terms of diversity and road network, and it was a great idea to introduce airports or distant drop points, really. When i'm saying TSM cities are "a bit better" it's in term of landmarks, they made the Puy de Dôme just west of Clermont, and i could recognize the entrance of Montpellier-west by the huge white and red antenna just at the end of A750 and the buildings of the western suburb.

To prevent misundertandings, i'm not complaining about SCS work, as we said upper the roads and sceneries are good, i'm enjoying travelling through small villages or mythic points of view on motorways. It was just to share my opinion about an area i know very well, i wasn't expecting a reconstitution, just two or three landmarks that makes you feel you are in this or that city :)

And Mandelsoft, i have a question for you as i know you are part of the SCS team. In the game we have the Michelin pack DLC (very usefull when you have a garage in Clermont :) ), so my question is why Michelin as a company in the game is called "gomme du monde" instead? I can understand there are some rights problem, but the game already uses Michelin's image.
Last edited by loupdargent on 15 Aug 2017 16:28, edited 1 time in total.

taurus31

15 Aug 2017 13:29

I M talking about suburbs and Industrial areas.

When u compare Labege or Blagnac and North and South of Toulouse (there are a lot Industrial areas) and the highway system around, u see that Kutchek made a better work for promods than Scs.

Edit:
Roudou, I think most of the people here know that is unrealistic to drive a semi-trailer truck in thé center of Cities and people talks about suburbs and areas where trucks are allowed to drive...
Last edited by Volleybal4life on 15 Aug 2017 16:19, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use the edit button, instead of double posting.

Roudou

15 Aug 2017 14:57

Ok gentlemen, I wanted to be sure, and make it clear.

YNM

15 Aug 2017 17:54

If it's anything to me as a foreigner, it's just that the cities are waay overblown, overscaled. Where's the long drive through fields (or vines ?) and the scenery exits or cities ?

I hope ProMods developers consider re-making all french cities. It's a good thing to go underneath CDG for such length but it's not good to have hundreds of km of ring roads. Maybe somewhen after re-making Scandinavia (as it's only now I realized the heights are completely off).

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information