Greetings flying from the United States!

New users are welcome to post a short introduction here
Boeing73FLY

01 Aug 2013 23:12

Hi, everyone! I am Boeing73FLY from the great city of Las Vegas, NV, United States. I am really flattered by the work you have done on your Scandinavia map, and I am surely looking forward to future maps from you guys. A little bit of info about myself: I am primarily driven to Aviation, but I am interested in anything with an engine, especially trucks. I was so blown away when I played Euro Truck Simulator 2 for the first time, and I never get enough out of it. But driving on the roads right now feels like the simulator could use a little more flavor. That's when I found out about this mod group. It is truly the most realistic and highest quality mapping mod group I have ever come across with. As always, good luck in making new map additions, and take the time you need to finish this. Of course, we would love a mod that has little to no bugs at all! :D
ImageImage

MY MODS FOR ATS AND ETS2
Enhanced Driving Experience (EDXP) (+ Addons)
Allison Transmission Pack (+ TC10)

ProMods Recruit

orestescm76
Donation rank:

01 Aug 2013 23:19

Wecolme!

ScuL
Founder

01 Aug 2013 23:23

Hi & welcome. Las Vegas is hot and steaming this time of the year so I can understand you prefer to sit in a nicely air-conditioned room playing sim games :)

Thanks for the kind words, it must be very different for an American (who I assume has never driven on European roads) to explore Europe by road in a sim :)

Enjoy!
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Boeing73FLY

01 Aug 2013 23:58

ScuL wrote:Hi & welcome. Las Vegas is hot and steaming this time of the year so I can understand you prefer to sit in a nicely air-conditioned room playing sim games :)

Thanks for the kind words, it must be very different for an American (who I assume has never driven on European roads) to explore Europe by road in a sim :)

Enjoy!
Yes, Las Vegas is very hot throughout the summer (temperatures up to 110 Fahrenheit / 43 Celcius) and I really need a good A/C!

And I assume the driving basics are about the same in Europe, but with extra rules in place? I think that if I was ever going to visit Europe, I would need some kind of permit and extra information about driving there. I've been to the Philippines a couple of times and driving is a bit out of control (they never seem to stay in their lanes, mostly in dense villages).
ImageImage

MY MODS FOR ATS AND ETS2
Enhanced Driving Experience (EDXP) (+ Addons)
Allison Transmission Pack (+ TC10)

ProMods Recruit

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

02 Aug 2013 00:07

Yes I think driving here will be a lot harder. When I was in Dallas I noticed how in America everything was written down.

In europe we use symbols and pictograms. So alot different to USA :D
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

ScuL
Founder

02 Aug 2013 00:09

Boeing73FLY wrote:Yes, Las Vegas is very hot throughout the summer (temperatures up to 110 Fahrenheit / 43 Celcius) and I really need a good A/C!

And I assume the driving basics are about the same in Europe, but with extra rules in place? I think that if I was ever going to visit Europe, I would need some kind of permit and extra information about driving there. I've been to the Philippines a couple of times and driving is a bit out of control (they never seem to stay in their lanes, mostly in dense villages).
I have driven at least 5000 miles in the US so I think I can draw a fair comparison. The differences are mostly the following:

In the US 90% of all vehicles (if not more) are automatic and you struggle to find a manual.
In Europe 90% of all vehicles (if not more) are manual and you will struggle to find an automatic!
This creates a completely different "flow" of traffic as people accelerate/slow down differently.

In terms of the roads, most European motorways are 2 lanes, maybe 3 lanes wide at most. American Interstates can be very wide (especially around metropolitan areas).
Most European roads are narrower and have more bends / roundabouts. American roads are generally more straight and have more 4-way intersections (they hardly exist in Europe).
American cities are generally based on a block/grid structure. You will hardly find this in Europe unless you find "new towns" built in the last 50 years. (Milton Keynes is one of them in the UK).

We do drive more civilised compared to the Philippines unless you try some Southern European places.. Paris is a good one for driving around with your middle finger, as is Rome or Athens. :mrgreen:
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “Introductions”

• Information