France and Monaco Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
JohannesKauffmann

18 Aug 2017 21:19

Well, the problem with these 'merges' or prefabs, as they are called, is that they are static. Roads can be extended and curved, but prefabs are pieces of the puzzle which always stay the same. It's also the reason exit lanes close to the main road can't vary in height before the prefab has 'ended'. To understand what I mean, you should open the map editor and take a look at some of the interchanges.

Now to counter this, one could make prefabs which look very similar, but vary ever so slightly in curve radius or height. The problem with this method is that you'll need to make new prefabs for every single part of an interchange, thus defeating the purpose of prefabs: providing a piece of the puzzle which can generally be implemented in any given interchange in a country without looking bad.

matwor29
Donation rank:

18 Aug 2017 23:25

A lot of people complain about the Vive la France DLC but I find the "Bretagne / Britain" very well done. I don't know who done the map ping but it'says really great. Loads of landmarks are there. And the city are very realistic like Brest where I live. Everything is in the right place from Ikea to the Marina and the "Europe boulevard"...
I also wonder if SCS asked to use the bus company logo on the tram ^^.
Roscoff is also quite great.

Do you think you will bring back the sign in "Breton" (local language) in the future updates of promods as they were there before VLF ?

loupdargent

19 Aug 2017 01:09

As i said, i live in Clermont-Ferrand, and grew up in Montpellier, and i can't recognize anything in those cities. The landscapes around those cities are great and acurate to the area but even with imagination i can't even think i am in those cities.

Roudou

20 Aug 2017 01:56

Just to answer to some one who stated that the in game Paris is size of Belgium. You're exagerating, Paris in game is like a third of Belgium. If you want to see the real size of the Large Paris (Paris and its urbanised suburbs) you can approximatevely refer to the A104/N104, outside of this ring it is more rural. I agree that Paris is larger than IRL but, to stay IRL, the administrative Parisian Region is a third of Belgium. So the size of the in game Paris doesn't chock me.

YNM

20 Aug 2017 07:28

Well, N104/A104 ring road is approximately 50 km across. Berlin's BAB 10 is also 50 km across, and ProMods make them small, not as extensive. London's M25 is slightly bigger- don't forget that the british isles is meant to be scaled 1:15 - and SCS didn't make them huge. So why did SCS made Paris in that size ? They're faking themselves.

Also, if we're referring A104, Paris is even larger in-game.
Last edited by Volleybal4life on 20 Aug 2017 14:30, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not quote the post directly above yours. https://www.promods.net/app.php/rules#rule-3k

brainiac
Donation rank:

20 Aug 2017 10:24

You are comparing UK truck sinulator, Promods and DLC France. It isn't good idea.

I think that Paris isn't too big because near it aren't nearly important content. Also, landscape isn't interesting. Just plan.
So, there are even more room for making more of many Parisian highways with awesome interchanges.

Unlike Parisian area, Benelux area, and also Ruhr, have many important contents on small distance. Promods make very good compromise with size of Brusell.

Berlin is old and I think that it should be big as Paris, but it is good and there are many things with higher priority.

We will se one day new London and only then we will be able to comment it.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

loupdargent

20 Aug 2017 11:33

I think like Mandelsoft, Paris isn't really too big, Rennes is too big. We are talking about an agglomeration of 10 600 000 peaple, that's 3 times more than Berlin, and the second agglomeration of europe after Moscow.

Qixiwi
Developer
Donation rank:

20 Aug 2017 12:58

I like the size of Paris. It gives you a feeling you´ve arrived into a really big city. I think more important is how city looks in game, not on map.
I like trucking, I like Europe, so that's why I love ProMods!

Roudou

20 Aug 2017 14:16

YNM wrote:
20 Aug 2017 07:28

Well, N104/A104 ring road is approximately 50 km across. Berlin's BAB 10 is also 50 km across, and ProMods make them small, not as extensive. London's M25 is slightly bigger- don't forget that the british isles is meant to be scaled 1:15 - and SCS didn't make them huge. So why did SCS made Paris in that size ? They're faking themselves.

Also, if we're referring A104, Paris is even larger in-game.
You should take a look at Google map with a satellite view :roll:

brainiac
Donation rank:

20 Aug 2017 14:18

loupdargent wrote:
20 Aug 2017 11:33
I think like Mandelsoft, Paris isn't really too big, Rennes is too big. We are talking about an agglomeration of 10 600 000 peaple, that's 3 times more than Berlin, and the second agglomeration of europe after Moscow.
Wow, I didn't know that.
I want to extend Moscow, but I don't have skills.
I checked internet. Second is London or Ruhr, depend of measure function, and third is Paris.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information