Development on version 1.x (Finland - Project Napapiiri)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Killerhangar
Donation rank:

05 Jun 2014 03:56

About those signs, you have to remember, that all the signs are not bilingual, in highways all possible names are, but in cities, it depends if the city is bilingual. For example, in Turku all signs are bilingual, but in Tampere they are all in finnish. And in cities where swedish is "1st" language, swedish text comes first and then finnish....

LoaderSaints

05 Jun 2014 15:54

Any plans what will be inside the Arctic Circle, north of Rovaniemi? I would suggest Utsjoki though it is a rather small town. It is the northernmost settlement in Finland.

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

05 Jun 2014 16:50

Platypus wrote:Objective is to go until Arctic Circle (Napapiiri in finnish). So, Rovaniemi will be included, but not in first version. This one should include Lahti, Hameenlinna, Tampere, Jyväskylä, Mikkeli, maybe Kuopio.
At the moment, they are only planning to go until the Arctic Circle, so if they go any further north, it will be in the distant future. However, I do agree, it would be fun to travel that high up. I personally don't think it will happen though; Utsjoki is another 450km further north, so would require a lot more mapping time that could be spent in other areas. Also, do trucks go that far north?

TheScaniaBoy

05 Jun 2014 16:56

uk_daf_fan wrote: Also, do trucks go that far north?
Yeah they do. Some dutch Trucks even go to Nordkapp, Norge

Killerhangar
Donation rank:

05 Jun 2014 17:13

One of my friends drives every week from Alta (which is about same height as Utsjoki) to Oslo and back. It takes 5 days to make that trip, so why not? :P Some legendary companies (like PBA) tended to drive up there and back south....

Platypus
Developer

05 Jun 2014 22:16

Hello,
Päivää,

Täälla ovat uudet kuvat Suomelta, ja kartta Helsingilta jokä tulee seuraavassa versiossa ;)
Kommentesta : minusta en menen Utsjokeen. Anteeksi. Mutta ehkä menen Kuusamoon, myöhemmin...

Here some new pictures from Finland, and the map of Helsinki that will come in next version ;)
About comments : I don't think I will go until Utsjoki. Sorry. But, maybe to Kuusamo, later ...
Ivalo_road1.jpg
Most northern company
Ivalo_road1.jpg (181.75 KiB) Viewed 2188 times
Ivalo_road2.jpg
Ivalo_road2.jpg (181.93 KiB) Viewed 2188 times
Helsinki.jpg
Helsinki.jpg (84.09 KiB) Viewed 2188 times
Hyvää iltaa
Good evening

PS : I do my best, I like it, but finnish is a difficult language ;-) Don't hesitate to tell me if I make mistakes. Siten minä voin vähän oppia ;-)

MarcRvB
Donation rank:

06 Jun 2014 05:47

Wow.... Can't wait for promods v1.7
:)
My Gaming PC:
  • CPU: i5 4670K @3,4 GHZ / 3,8 GHZ
    GPU: MSI GTX 660 Oc
    HDD: some samsung HDD (1TB)
    SDD: 2x Samsung evo 840 120GB
    RAM: 8GB
    Motherbord: Gigabyte Z87A-D3
    Total fans: 7
    Steering wheel: Logitech Driving force GT
I <3 Promods! RESPECT! :D

LoaderSaints

06 Jun 2014 06:14

Platypus wrote:Hello,
Päivää,

Täälla ovat uudet kuvat Suomelta, ja kartta Helsingilta jokä tulee seuraavassa versiossa ;)
Kommentesta : minusta en menen Utsjokeen. Anteeksi. Mutta ehkä menen Kuusamoon, myöhemmin...

Here some new pictures from Finland, and the map of Helsinki that will come in next version ;)
About comments : I don't think I will go until Utsjoki. Sorry. But, maybe to Kuusamo, later ...
Ivalo_road1.jpg
Ivalo_road2.jpg
Helsinki.jpg
Hyvää iltaa
Good evening

PS : I do my best, I like it, but finnish is a difficult language ;-) Don't hesitate to tell me if I make mistakes. Siten minä voin vähän oppia ;-)
Correct Finnish translation would be:
Tässä hieman uusia kuvia Suomesta, sekä kartta Helsingistä joka tulee seuraavassa versiossa.
Kommenteista: En usko että menen Utsjoelle asti. Anteeksi. Mutta ehkä Kuusamoon, myöhemmin...

DW, you can't learn without trial and error. :P
And a personal note: I love that map of Helsinki, didn't think that Porvoo would be that close to it but it is due to scale. Just wow :D

Purno
Donation rank:

06 Jun 2014 06:20

Nice. Piles of snow. Interesting. Good job!

rarespetrosanu

06 Jun 2014 07:43

Great stuff , little changes to Helsinki - EuroAcres moved to the west and a junction made in the south-east roads 50 / 7

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information