Roads way too wide

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
gibanica

04 Sep 2017 19:06

ok what so ever, I dont want to discussion in here. I drive for about 15 years, and I can see with my own eyes that ets2 (promods) roads are too wide, or if not, there are aint narrow ones at least.

My question for devs is, are there gonna make any narrow roads in future and replace some of default ones?
Im finding that more the road wide is, that more boring to drive.

this is balkan expansion from 2.20 PROMODS PART. And this is the exact location of the road I pointed up.
as you can see, the real pics is
real pic wide 5m
promods road 8m
last pic is printscreen from Serbian traffic law, where says that this road is 5m wide.

My Euro Truck Simulator 2 - IMAGE COLLECTION GALLERY

DragonSpirit
Donation rank:

04 Sep 2017 21:10

they might consider it (not sure) but you might find it boring there are also people playing this and finding the roads to small. (not me for the record)
They can not make everyone happy it is and stays a simulation game and they "have" to keep in mind that it should be playable for everyone looking at PC specs, i can imagine that narrow roads perhaps demand more from a pc system and not everyone has a money tree up their yard to buy a so called gaming pc.
though you would think naroow roads less demanding, cause of the scale difference in the "general roads sizes" it might ask a lot more then the general roads ingame. (not sure just throwing out that possibility)

And who knows what 2.20 brings perhaps your wishes were already granted without asking.
My PC Specs: *Mobo: MSI B350M MORTAR ARCTIC B350 *CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X (8core) 3,4 GHz (3,8 GHz Turbo Boost) *Memory: Corsair 16GB DDR4-2666 Kit
*GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G *HDD: Hitachi 1TB SATA *PSU: 850Watt *Wheel: Logitech G29 with shifter *OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

04 Sep 2017 21:52

Is that road really only 5 meters wide? I'd say it's 6 meters wide at least. Don't forget things like shoulders, which can easily add half a meter on each side.

Furthermore, roads are overscaled in this game. This is to accompany things like sharp curves, where in real life you would widen the lane locally (something that is not possible in ETS2 without going through a lot of hassle). But I never had the idea that the road lanes feel too wide. The road variant in the picture above has narrowed shoulders, which makes this road feel more compact and tight than the roads you usually see in ETS2. Narrower roads will give problems, because the AI would simply keep on bumping into each other, making the game un-playable. This was already a problem around Affi in Italy, where the curves were too tight for the AI to handle... on normal width lanes...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

05 Sep 2017 00:58

gibanica wrote:
ok what so ever, I dont want to discussion in here.
Okay then.
gibanica wrote:
My question for devs is, are there gonna make any narrow roads in future
Yes.
gibanica wrote:
and replace some of default ones?
No.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

gibanica

09 Sep 2017 14:22

jdenm8 wrote:
05 Sep 2017 00:58
gibanica wrote:
and replace some of default ones?
No.
than its stupid.
you d better be
My Euro Truck Simulator 2 - IMAGE COLLECTION GALLERY

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

09 Sep 2017 15:34

no
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

dkokales
Donation rank:

09 Sep 2017 15:51

than its stupid.
you d better be
Wow, that was rude. To bring some civility back to the discussion, I personally think the roads are fine. I don't want a challenge every minute I'm driving. Playability is much more important, especially considering the wide variety of people who use ProMods. For me, smooth gameplay, and the scenery, are the most important. If I want a tense driving experience, I'll just drive my car during rush hour.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

09 Sep 2017 17:01

This discussion is threatening to get out a hand. Topic locked.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information