Thanks, ProMods!

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
SliderChick72

05 Sep 2017 16:41

Promods, thanks so much for the latest 2.20 update. I just drove from Calais to Belfast, via Douglas, Isle of Man, then Belfast to Oban, via Cairnryan, the A75 and on to Oban. Absolutely brilliant drive! The new mod, so far, looks amazing.

Thanks again, ProMods. Simply the best!

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

05 Sep 2017 16:58

On behalf of the team, you're welcome!

Happy trucking!
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Vabisdriver

05 Sep 2017 17:19

dont know if it is a good idea to make another extra thanks thread - hope no problem to jump that bandwaggon here

didnt believe what i saw this morning when you guys load "THE MAP" up for us...no i am soooo close to start again
many thanks guys for another piece of art
greets

Vabisdriver aka Scaniadriver aka RHT Austria

KyotoCarl
Donation rank:

05 Sep 2017 23:49

I'm on my way home to try out 2.20 fot the first time. First of all; thank you to the promods team for getting this to us. I think we all can appreciate all the hard work everyone's done for this fantastic mod.

I think alot of people have impressions and opinions of this version so maybe we could have this thread where people can talk about and post photos from the road?

hahnson

06 Sep 2017 05:32

I would also like to thank the promods team for this excellent mod, there was already so much to drive and see and now we got even more, i started a drive from Stuttgart to Sligo but hadn't time to get further than london yesterady evening, but what i saw was fantastic! The Koblenz area is wonderfull, and it made me smiel when i got to the Mosel bridge where the reststop featured, and the Brittain railterminal, wow, hope we will get this in France also :) , i can't wait to see Ireland :) so once again thank you for all your hard work, truely amazing stuff.

nfshp253
Donation rank:

06 Sep 2017 08:38

I've just been driving through Ireland and NI, it's really pretty! But can the devs please make sure to smooth the road curves? It's quite silly to have low-poly 'jagged' curves in 2017. It's the last bit to close up the quality gap between ProMods and recent SCS DLCs.

ScuL
Founder

06 Sep 2017 09:04

Can you place an example screenshot? I suspect what you are talking about are certain prefabs we have used... the FLD ones are a bit "edgy"
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

bromstarzan
Donation rank:

06 Sep 2017 11:09

I'm running the 2.18 mod, still. Will try 2.20 eventually.
Just want to express my sincere appreciation of ProMods works. It is absolutely fabulous!
So much detail and atmosphere added to the core game that I'm (to this day) quite baffled how you can pull this off in such a wonderful way.

The more sad part is the VR experience with ProMods, it does not deliver, so I always drive vanilla in VR. However, that is up to SCS and the development team to sort out.

Again, a big thank you to all map-modders out there, you certainly provide quality entertainment for us all!
/Broms

ScuL
Founder

06 Sep 2017 11:25

Could you please clarify what is different in the VR experience? (Just to see if we can improve things)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

bromstarzan
Donation rank:

06 Sep 2017 11:37

Hey ScuL,
Thanks for responding to my comment!
The VR-branch works pretty ok with most vanilla regions/trucks/cargos. However, it is still on the limit since the "rubber-banding" occurs every now and then. With ProMods this "rubber-banding" becomes very evident as there's a lot of data to load and present in VR (I'm using Oculus Rift CV1). I don't think it is for modding comunity to adress this issue, rather SCS core dev team. You get sea-sick using VR in ETS2 right now, and that is with low graphic settings and very high hardware specs.

I hope that, one day I can use ProMods with VR and enjoy the fantastic environment as I do now on my flatscreen(s).

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information