About Doubles in ProMods

Please report bugs you encounter here.

Please DO NOT report game crashes or installation issues here!
Forum rules
Before you report a bug, please check if the bug is already known:
HERE

2.68 has been released please post issues with 2.68 only
jdenm8
Graphics Designer

05 Sep 2017 12:59

Hi everyone!

Normal Program:
Just a note about Doubles. Doubles are only permitted in certain countries in Europe. The countries that allow them are depicted in the map below:

With SCS' addition of doubles, we've expanded the support for Doubles to everywhere in Europe that permits them.

We expanded support to only these countries very deliberately. For example, Doubles won't appear in the list for jobs from Spain to the other countries.

Therefore, we are not supporting Doubles outside of Denmark, Finland, Germany, The Netherlands, Norway, Spain and Sweden.

A map of where we are supporting doubles is below:

Reports about Doubles getting stuck in scenery or buildings, getting stuck, spawning in such a way that they're not accessible, having their parking bays blocked or having any other kind of issue outside of the supported countries will be closed as 'Won't Fix'.

If/when more countries permit Doubles IRL, we will re-evaluate this policy.

Have fun with doubles!
Last edited by Nathan_A_RF on 19 Jun 2022 23:02, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit due to Iberia DLC
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

Tomprice98ccfc

07 Sep 2017 11:32

Hi, I live in the UK and I've seen Lorries with doubles a few times irl.

Almighty
Donation rank:

07 Sep 2017 12:15

Happy trucking!

Nathan_A_RF
Donation rank:

07 Sep 2017 13:09

I have never seen a truck / trailer / trailer combination in the UK. Only Tandems are allowed rather than double trailers.
Grab the insecticide, I'm clearing bugs ~ Nathan_A_RF - Moderator, Beta Tester & Bug Fixer
Florence + The Machine / Fox Stevenson

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

07 Sep 2017 14:11

One company did get a limited permit to conduct a trial operating Doubles in the UK in I think 2014, but the permit was not reissued by the UK Government when it expired.

That company is still campaigning to get doubles permitted in the UK, but as of now, Doubles are 100% illegal in the UK on public roads.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

Davyddin
Donation rank:

07 Sep 2017 14:30

I hear that various European countries are conducting various limited trials with longer combinations than currently ordinarily permitted. E.g. my lifelong trucker friend (lifelong trucker and lifelong friend) informed me during one of our chats that Finland is conducting trials with 34m combinations with tractor + extra-long semi-trailer + long full trailer and 33m combinations with lorry + dolly + B-link semi-trailer + long semi-trailer.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

07 Sep 2017 14:35

We are aware of a specific part of Sweden where 44m Combined Multiples are permitted. We are still investigating how much granularity we have to restrict trailer combinations.

Davyddin
Donation rank:

07 Sep 2017 14:38

OK, cool! I wasn't actually making a suggestion or request, it's just an interesting subject to discuss. :D
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

GamesCooky

24 Sep 2017 12:30

As a Norwegian, i can't say i've seen these kinds of doubles very often. I think they are very limited to certain roads. I live on the western side of the country, but maybe there is some down in the Oslo area.
Idk, it seems rare from my point of view though :)

Tibsie
Donation rank:

28 Sep 2017 19:55

jdenm8 wrote:
07 Sep 2017 14:11
One company did get a limited permit to conduct a trial operating Doubles in the UK in I think 2014, but the permit was not reissued by the UK Government when it expired.

That company is still campaigning to get doubles permitted in the UK, but as of now, Doubles are 100% illegal in the UK on public roads.
Doesn't seem to stop circuses!

Return to “Bug reports ETS2”

• Information