Game Crashing at Loading Screen

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
KiwiHaggis
Donation rank:

10 Sep 2017 14:50

Hey guys, first time poster, long time lurker.

I have just updated to version 2.2 of ProMods from an older version, which I had no issues getting to work last time. However, V2.2 has been giving me grief by stalling at about 60% on the loading screen before crashing. I decided to start a new profile with no other mods enabled to confirm that it wasn't an issue with my current save, and my suspicions are correct. Note that I opted for the paid download from Payloadz.

My MOD folder:

MOD manager in-game

Note that I have tried loading the game with Models 1-3 in the reverse order too, with no change.

Finally, my game log, please excuse the multiple pastes:

<iframe src="" style="border:none;width:100%"></iframe>

There are literally hundreds and hundreds of errors in the log. I have no idea what i've done wrong, or if it's an issue within the game or mod itself. Can anyone shed some light on this? Driving me nuts.

Davyddin
Donation rank:

10 Sep 2017 15:00

Full logs, please.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

KiwiHaggis
Donation rank:

10 Sep 2017 15:22

Sorry, here we go...

mads1153
Donation rank:

10 Sep 2017 16:13

Try to set to 64-bit mode?
You can edit with -64bit in launch options for game properties in Steam Library.

If not, try to redownload def file again and extract all files correctly again. It looks for some textures and other things in model that is missing.

I see you had loaded Real European Companies before you removed all mods unless Promods later.
It's not compatible with Promods because it will cause map conflicts and crash.
This mod is so awesome :D

Using Promods Europe 2.68 and ProMods Canada 1.3.0
ETS2: Level 118 and played 5245,3 hours
ATS: Level 47 and played 809,6 hours

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 28 September 2018
ProMods Moderator since 6 January 2022

KiwiHaggis
Donation rank:

10 Sep 2017 16:23

The test profile I'm using has nothing but ProMods enabled, just to rule out any conflicts.

Tried launching in 64-bit, unfortunately to no avail :(

Will give the def file another go, although this will be my 3rd attempt at downloading it now...

Davyddin
Donation rank:

10 Sep 2017 16:26

Yes, you should run in 64-bit mode, but that will hardly solve this particular problem. I really don't know. It seems the ProMods packages may be corrupt. Like mads1153 says, try redownloading. It shouldn't make a difference, but you could also try loading the Def package last (highest priority); that is the common recommendation.

EDIT: I think it looks more like it's one or more of the other packages that is corrupt (if that is indeed the problem), rather than the Def.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

KiwiHaggis
Donation rank:

10 Sep 2017 16:32

I'll have another crack at downloading them, it was an excessively long download despite being the paid version, so I'm wondering if it is in fact corrupt...

Davyddin
Donation rank:

10 Sep 2017 16:44

Unfortunately, I cannot tell for sure. I'm in no way an expert. But I for one cannot see anything else wrong.

KiwiHaggis
Donation rank:

10 Sep 2017 16:47

Ok, just downloaded again, still no luck...

<script src=""></script>

Davyddin
Donation rank:

10 Sep 2017 16:54

I'm out of ideas, I'm afraid. The devs might know more.

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information