Need little help

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Reptile_BiH

14 Aug 2013 12:31

I need some help. im geting this error when i play ets2 and dont know what i shuld do or how to fix it.
error ets2.jpg
error ets2.jpg (162.55 KiB) Viewed 3640 times

Rovax

14 Aug 2013 23:13

Same. It started to happen after using this mod but it doesn't bother me so much. Just wondering why it's happening.
Last edited by Rovax on 15 Aug 2013 12:31, edited 1 time in total.

EnVi Sweden Rules

15 Aug 2013 00:03

i haven't got this problem, but have you checked the Logs of this? it could be stored there!
and one solution could be to reinstall the game. did this happend Before you added this mods too? or just after installed the mods?

adrian007
Donation rank:

15 Aug 2013 04:13

Hi ,
Have encountered this dialog box before with MSFS and I needed to do a painful operation i.e. reformat the whole disk after finding out that that the game had been installed ( legal version) one two many times on that particular computer , don't know if that sheds any light on the subject for you .
What OS are you using ? As it can sometimes be related to that as well as it smacks of Windows anything is possible ! lol
Regards
Adrian : )

Reptile_BiH

15 Aug 2013 08:55

EnVi Sweden Rules wrote:i haven't got this problem, but have you checked the Logs of this? it could be stored there!
and one solution could be to reinstall the game. did this happend Before you added this mods too? or just after installed the mods?
This start to happen after i have installed mod. I hav use the other map mods before and this never happen.

But thx!

Reptile_BiH

15 Aug 2013 13:42

adrian007 wrote:Hi ,
Have encountered this dialog box before with MSFS and I needed to do a painful operation i.e. reformat the whole disk after finding out that that the game had been installed ( legal version) one two many times on that particular computer , don't know if that sheds any light on the subject for you .
What OS are you using ? As it can sometimes be related to that as well as it smacks of Windows anything is possible ! lol
Regards
Adrian : )
Thx for try to help me, but i dont know what is OS lol. Im so bad about pc. I have never reinstalled the ets2 on this pc. But i wish i have cd here to reinstall the game. But i dont have it, it is in Norway with other stuff i have on my sisters place in Norway, couse i have moved to Sweden before 5 mounths ago. And every time she visiting me i forget to say to her that she take the ets2 cd with her. So i cant reinstall the game before she bring me a ets2 cd. And sorry for bad English m8.

Reptile_BiH

15 Aug 2013 13:44

Rovax wrote:Same. It started to happen after using this mod but it doesn't bother me so much. Just wondering why it's happening.
But how you can play if that did not bother you? LAst day i play, and i drive on highway, and before i com to one bridge tthat happen. So i save the game before i come to that bridge, and start it again, and happens everytime.

But i wil try to remove all mods. Make new profile and add the mapmod again and try it.

Rovax

15 Aug 2013 14:18

Reptile_BiH wrote:
Rovax wrote:Same. It started to happen after using this mod but it doesn't bother me so much. Just wondering why it's happening.
But how you can play if that did not bother you? LAst day i play, and i drive on highway, and before i com to one bridge tthat happen. So i save the game before i come to that bridge, and start it again, and happens everytime.

But i wil try to remove all mods. Make new profile and add the mapmod again and try it.
At least when it happens job is not going to be cancelled. I checked the game.log and saw that the game is autosaving before shutting down itself.
I'm going to disable other mods, too. And see if it continues to happen or not.
In the game.log I have lots of "<WARNING>" entries that saying "Model in old format detected '/*****/*****/******.pmg', please upgrade format to improve load performance!
e.g. 01:27:12.815 : <WARNING> Model in old format detected '/vehicle/truck/scania_rcab_2009/ui_shadow_4x2.pmg', please upgrade format to improve load performance!

So, the runtime error could be happening because of some old mods. I'll try to use Scandinavia mod without any other old things I was using and see if it's going to solve the problem.

Reptile_BiH

15 Aug 2013 14:34

Rovax wrote:
Reptile_BiH wrote:

At least when it happens job is not going to be cancelled. I checked the game.log and saw that the game is autosaving before shutting down itself.
I'm going to disable other mods, too. And see if it continues to happen or not.
In the game.log I have lots of "<WARNING>" entries that saying "Model in old format detected '/*****/*****/******.pmg', please upgrade format to improve load performance!
e.g. 01:27:12.815 : <WARNING> Model in old format detected '/vehicle/truck/scania_rcab_2009/ui_shadow_4x2.pmg', please upgrade format to improve load performance!

So, the runtime error could be happening because of some old mods. I'll try to use Scandinavia mod without any other old things I was using and see if it's going to solve the problem.
Ye i wil do the same, i wil disabe all other mods. And wil start new game in Oslo so i wil c if game wil crash or not. Where i can find that log you talking about?
I have try diferent settings to, i allways play with high settings without problem, but right now after i install this mods, the problems coming up.. But i wil do everything i can to play on this mod:)

Reptile_BiH

15 Aug 2013 15:58

Now i have removed all mods. I start with 2 new profils, 2 new games. Bouth in Oslo. I drive for 1-2 minuts then game crash. Then i made new profile and start in Bergen everything was fine, but when i arrived to Oslo, i just drive in tunel then game crash.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information