[Central] Free download questions

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
ScuL
Founder

11 Oct 2017 01:21

When you rename the files you break the sequence and the files cannot be unpacked. You need to extract 001 only
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

nAgent

11 Oct 2017 09:45

So I just got blocked while downloading the MOD. I read every possible reason that was given for it.
Then I realized my browser has download accelerator. That's why sometime my download speed get upto 500kbps.
but I don't want to break any rules and get permanently banned. I respect the hard work that these modders has put into building this MOD.
and I respect their decision to charge a nominal fee for fast download. So choosing free download option next time I don't want to get in trouble.
How do I turn off this accelerator?

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

11 Oct 2017 10:00

It depends on what kind of download accelerator you use.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

11 Oct 2017 10:13

nAgent wrote:
11 Oct 2017 09:45
So I just got blocked while downloading the MOD. I read every possible reason that was given for it.
Then I realized my browser has download accelerator. That's why sometime my download speed get upto 500kbps.
but I don't want to break any rules and get permanently banned. I respect the hard work that these modders has put into building this MOD.
and I respect their decision to charge a nominal fee for fast download. So choosing free download option next time I don't want to get in trouble.
How do I turn off this accelerator?
You'll only get banned for a few hours. Download accelerators put unnecessary load on our servers hence why we don't allow them.

It appears from the logs you tried accessing the download from both your PC (Google Chrome) and Samsung Galaxy. Note, as we do the blocking on a per-IP basis this will get your IP blocked very quickly. Chrome does not have a download accelerator built in. Also, try another browser such as Firefox or Microsoft Edge.
Promods Server Administrator

nAgent

11 Oct 2017 12:45

Thanks for the quick reply. I will try firefox.

ValentinTaskov
Donation rank:

11 Oct 2017 21:44

Why the game always crash when use the longer ferries?
The scars you can't see are the hardest to heal.

bmwGTR

12 Oct 2017 15:44

Hi,

please open your own topic with a game.log after the crash in the "Gameplay issues" section:
https://promods.net/viewforum.php?f=28

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

Trucker75

12 Oct 2017 22:17

ETS2-User wrote:
06 Oct 2017 22:38
According to your logic there are already 400.000 infected users on our forum. Just be careful you don't contract anything from them.
Ever tried to keep your mouth shut? Try it, might be good in certain situations kiddo.

ETS2-User
Developer

12 Oct 2017 22:43

Wow you're playing with some blue fire there... "kiddo" :lol:
Warning 1/2
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Trucker75

13 Oct 2017 03:21

So this is a normal post? Especially from "developer" "moderator"?

"According to your logic there are already 400.000 infected users on our forum. Just be careful you don't contract anything from them."

You think people are so stupid that they can't see thru that? Man, warn at your hearts content - normal people already saw what kind of person you are - so warn again, ban - see if I care, looser. Abuse that moderator power.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information