ETS2/ATS Local Radio

Other ETS2 mods that don't fit in any other category
Koen

17 Oct 2017 06:42

I didn't change anything concerning the overlay, so I'm not quite sure. You could of course try copying the files yourself (they can be found in the install folder)

Oh, and you do run ETS2 in Dx9 mode, right?
Why do today what you can postpone until tomorrow?

watchingponies
Donation rank:

17 Oct 2017 14:37

Koen wrote:
17 Oct 2017 06:42
I didn't change anything concerning the overlay, so I'm not quite sure. You could of course try copying the files yourself (they can be found in the install folder)

Oh, and you do run ETS2 in Dx9 mode, right?
Thanks for your answer.

DirectX (64 bit) you mean ? (i'm such a n00b.)
Yes, Sir.

I thought it was the alternative d3d9.dll's, i usually squeezed those in right away because i knew my game would crash when closing or changing settings.
So i tried with your originals, but still no overlay (and game crashes when closing)

Owait, i got an error log for you. I just know you'll be able to translate that.
Perhaps it has to do with it.

If you are still without a solution, i will just reinstall my ATS/ETS again.
I bet i deleted something that shouldn't have been deleted.
Always hungry for the road

ETS2: Promods, Promods M-E, Rusmap, Volga, Sibir, Great Steppe, Paris Rebuild, Southern Region, Red Sea.
Level 476. 2.027.711 km under the belt !

ATS: Promods Canada
Level 140 and 466,309 Miles

Koen

17 Oct 2017 20:07

I indeed mean Dx9 (64-bit or 32-bit, both should work)
However, it seems that the problem lies with the generating of the overlay, and not with the displaying of the overlay.
Could you check whether your disk is full? And could you check whether you have write access to the installation folder? Could you try executing the program with administrator rights (it will ask for those anyway, but just to be sure).

The way the system works is that it generates an overlay image, which then gets drawn onto the screen. The overlay image can be found as overlay.png in the root folder of the installation.
An example:

Thing is that the "A generic error occurred in GDI+" can mean everything from not being able to save the file from an overly active garbage collector, and because you're so far the only one with this problem, I suspect the former

watchingponies
Donation rank:

18 Oct 2017 00:21

To begin with, you sound so much smarter than i am, Sir lol

My disk is def not full, that i know. 831 GB of 927 GB left.
I only run 4 games on that disc.

I will try all the other stuff tomorrow, very tired.
How can i check whether i have write access to the installation folder ?

Glad i was able to give you an error log.
It started with the 2nd previous update i downloaded over a month ago. Before that, no issues at all.
I was away for the past month and was like let's try again when i'm back.

Thanks so much so far.
I'll be back at it tomorrow, if you don't mind.

ETS2: Promods, Promods M-E, Rusmap, Volga, Sibir, Great Steppe, Paris Rebuild, Southern Region, Red Sea.

Noah_Lukas

18 Oct 2017 18:58

Koen wrote:
17 Oct 2017 20:07
What I just wanted to say at here too:
I looove your work and all the things you can do/you like/love to do ;) Never stop doing this you are on a good way :D

Best wishes from your neighbourhood ^^
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

watchingponies
Donation rank:

19 Oct 2017 12:09

I just started my game, forgot to start the radio.
Was like lets wait til i'm on the boat to Finland. lol

On the boat to Finland i Task Managed my way opening your radio.
And guess what, overlay working suddenly.

Brain blown.
But hey, if this is the way, i'm not complaining.

Koen

19 Oct 2017 14:29

I don't mind a little magic if it works in my favour. Glad it works again ;)
Could have also been a specific logo causing issues, I of course didn't test all of them.

@Noah_Lukas Woah, never stop... I didn't intend this to be a life commitment :lol:
I'll keep maintaining it until I lose interest, at which point I hope to find someone else to take over.

watchingponies
Donation rank:

19 Oct 2017 17:24

Love your radio !

And to be fair, in real life you won't see a gigantic overlay popping up in the windscreen.

It's just so darn handy to be able to find my favorite Russian station lol

Googlefluff
Donation rank:

29 Oct 2017 02:50

I just had an idea and thought I'd throw it out there as a suggestion. What about an "avoid station" function? Sort of the opposite of favouriting, you could disable any stations you don't like and it would jump to another one in range instead. What made me think of this was driving past places like Oakdale, California and Ehrenberg, Arizona where there are no stations I like, and would rather listen to a station in a different city even if it's a little staticky. Of course this can be done manually, but it would be nice if the radio wasn't always trying to play Christian rock and country music whenever I'm in a remote area :P

Anyway, love this mod, keep up the good work! It's so much easier than having to find a new stream every time I cross a border like I did before.

Koen

29 Oct 2017 14:27

@Googlefluff Sorry, Christian, public radio and country is all you're going to find in the remote parts of NV :P
You could set the threshold value for ATS a lot higher (like 99999999999999999999), that way it'll stay with a station until it gets out of range (like real life).

Excluding cities isn't ideal either and causes a lot of other issues, so that's unlikely to be included any time soon (if ever). Besides, it only makes sense in America, and it wouldn't be of much use in Europe.

EDIT:
Oh, and of course, feel free to submit new stations ;)
http://radio-locator.com is a great resource for this.

Return to “ETS2 Misc. mods”

• Information