ETS2/ATS Local Radio

Other ETS2 mods that don't fit in any other category
Googlefluff
Donation rank:

30 Oct 2017 02:00

Koen wrote:
29 Oct 2017 14:27
@Googlefluff Sorry, Christian, public radio and country is all you're going to find in the remote parts of NV :P
You could set the threshold value for ATS a lot higher (like 99999999999999999999), that way it'll stay with a station until it gets out of range (like real life).

Excluding cities isn't ideal either and causes a lot of other issues, so that's unlikely to be included any time soon (if ever). Besides, it only makes sense in America, and it wouldn't be of much use in Europe.

EDIT:
Oh, and of course, feel free to submit new stations ;)
http://radio-locator.com is a great resource for this.
Haha, thanks for the reply! I don't think changing the threshold will help, since the quality will be far too bad by the time it switches. I'll just have to stop being lazy and change it myself :P

Koen

02 Nov 2017 20:50

Googlefluff wrote:
30 Oct 2017 02:00
Koen wrote:
29 Oct 2017 14:27
[...]
Haha, thanks for the reply! I don't think changing the threshold will help, since the quality will be far too bad by the time it switches. I'll just have to stop being lazy and change it myself :P
Yup... Or... Submit new stations. There will be quite a few new stations for Huron and some other place I forgot, so find a station you do like, submit it, and the problem is solved as well :P
Why do today what you can postpone until tomorrow?

Koen

04 Nov 2017 16:15

The new cities for New Mexico were made available, which means that I can start looking for stations.
However, because it is quite a bit of work, it would be great if you could help with that :)

How can you help?
I added the new cities to the list on the submission page
You don't have to have ever been in New Mexico to submit stations, because https://radio-locator.com/ provides an easy list of all available stations per city.
The only thing you need to do is find the station's name, logo and streaming URL, and submit them.
This probably takes just a minute or five, and if we all add one station, then we will end up with a lot of stations. ;)

How do I find the streaming URL?
Luckily, radio-locator.com provides an easy way to get the streaming URL. Click the lightning bolt icon next to the station, then save the file, open it with notepad and copy the part after File1=
If you open it in your browser or VLC, then you should hear the radio playing.
If there isn't a lightning bolt icon, but there is a stream available on the website, then try to extract the radio stream from that page. (This can usually be done by pressing opening the developer tools in your browser (F12), then going to the network tab and reloading the page. You should see a request with the type "media" coming by, that one is most likely the radio stream)
If you can't figure it out, then just submit the page where you listened to the livestream, and I'll extract it ;)

Here is the list:
Alamogordo
Albuquerque
Artesia
Carlsbad (NM)
Clovis
Farmington
Gallup
Hobbs
Las Cruces
Raton
Roswell
Santa Fe
Socorro
Tucumcari

Thank you in advance! :)

zmaj_od_istre

05 Nov 2017 14:19

Can anyone help me to find working radio stream for Antena Zagreb radio... I had one but it is not working anyway, and I cannot find a replacement...

Koen

05 Nov 2017 14:24

zmaj_od_istre wrote:
05 Nov 2017 14:19
Can anyone help me to find working radio stream for Antena Zagreb radio... I had one but it is not working anyway, and I cannot find a replacement...
It's not really related to this project ;)

Anyway, to make it more general, for everyone who wants to know how to find the stream URL:
If you go to the page where the stream plays (like on the website, or on TuneIn), open the developer tools (F12), go to the network tab and reload the page, you should see a "media" type coming by. That most likely is the radio stream url
That works for most stations, including Antena Zagreb. ;)

Koen

11 Nov 2017 00:46

The update for New Mexico is out:

https://github.com/Koenvh1/ets2-local-radio

watchingponies
Donation rank:

12 Nov 2017 21:21

Koen wrote:
11 Nov 2017 00:46
The update for New Mexico is out:

https://github.com/Koenvh1/ets2-local-radio
Yes yes, fab !
Thanks for adding Nash FM ! :D
Always hungry for the road

ETS2: Promods, Promods M-E, Rusmap, Volga, Sibir, Great Steppe, Paris Rebuild, Southern Region, Red Sea.
Level 476. 2.027.711 km under the belt !

ATS: Promods Canada
Level 140 and 466,309 Miles

LAFAYET47
Donation rank:

23 Nov 2017 17:08

Hi there,

It is normal that the game crashes after having installed this mod? I mean, when I quit it it always crashes. Didn't happen this situation before installing this mod.

Koen

23 Nov 2017 17:12

LAFAYET47 wrote:
23 Nov 2017 17:08
Hi there,

It is normal that the game crashes after having installed this mod? I mean, when I quit it it always crashes. Didn't happen this situation before installing this mod.
https://github.com/Koenvh1/ets2-local-r ... es-on-exit

Literally the first troubleshoot item.

Koen

04 Dec 2017 18:57

The update for ProMods 2.25 is available now. It should also work for the Italy DLC (but I can't test that yet of course)

Return to “ETS2 Misc. mods”

• Information