Oregon confirmed ?!

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Punkii
Donation rank:

07 Nov 2017 16:02

In the last blog post SCS shows us this screenshot https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7FnCSqgvT38/ ... _fixed.jpg
which is based in Oregon. Is Oregon the next to come in ATS
ProMods driver since 1.70
EN, DE, TR (a bit NL)

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198058623892]Image[/url]

CptCaribbean

07 Nov 2017 16:22

Personally I wouldn't do anything that won't be used. Actually anyone does. So yes, Oregon is the next state 100%
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

Mercedes2002CZ

07 Nov 2017 18:43

Punkii wrote:
07 Nov 2017 16:02
In the last blog post SCS shows us this screenshot https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7FnCSqgvT38/ ... _fixed.jpg
which is based in Oregon. Is Oregon the next to come in ATS
I'll be very happy if they add Oregon. First green state in ATS! The desert is starting to be quite boring.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

07 Nov 2017 20:24

I agree with the statement above, desert is getting boring :P
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

jontsuba
Donation rank:

07 Nov 2017 21:07

That depends on the music you listen at while driving 8-)

(and the same could be said from Europe)

CptCaribbean

07 Nov 2017 21:10

There are more desertic states left in the USA. Oregon, Washington and north Idaho are the unique exceptions for the west side, but there won't be more vegetation 'till we arrive to that "Minnesota - Iowa - Missouri - Arkansas - Louisiana" border.
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

brainiac
Donation rank:

07 Nov 2017 23:14

You forgot Colorado. Rocky mountains have dense vegetation unlike those 5 states.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

Callipso
Donation rank:

08 Nov 2017 04:04

CptCaribbean wrote:
07 Nov 2017 21:10
There are more desertic states left in the USA. Oregon, Washington and north Idaho are the unique exceptions for the west side, but there won't be more vegetation 'till we arrive to that "Minnesota - Iowa - Missouri - Arkansas - Louisiana" border.
They aren't that unique really, the vegetation in the pacific northwest can be found in most of the mountain ranges in the West and it also extends into a vast majority of Canada, the same species can be found as far south as the Sierra Madre's in Mexico. It may be unique in that the northwest is located between four mountain ranges and a good majority of the water that falls due to rain shadow is funneled into the Columbia and Snake rivers. Though rain shadow is not that unique it occurs with every mountain range. There is not really more vegetation as you go into the the Mississippi river basin as you seem to think, in fact most of the vegetation would be for the most part types of grass over types of bush or trees. If you think that most of that grass is green then you might want to have another look at the area, prairie grass is green for maybe 3 months of the year just before they seed off when the runoff of water into the Mississippi River reaches its peak, after the seeds are mature the grass becomes a dirty blonde color for the rest of the year not too much unlike the semi-arid regions in the west. I figure it may stay green a bit longer as you near the Mississippi river itself perhaps another month.

One last note, people like to say these states are Desert states, when the actual desert biome only makes up a little less than half of only three (five if you need to be technical) states in the region, California, Arizona, and New Mexico. Nevada has only a small section near Las Vegas that is actually desert, Utah has no desert whatsoever as much as people seem to think it does, Texas has some Sonora desert near El Paso and the border areas nearby. The rest of the region is semi-arid and receives almost double the amount of rain as your typical desert does. In my mind there is a world of difference vegetation wise between something that is arid desert and semi-arid. That 10 inches or so of rain is what makes the difference between having a saguaro cactus in your backyard as opposed to a juniper tree, it can also mean you have grass in your front yard as opposed to mostly rocks and succulents. Deserts have very little highly specialized vegetation while a region that is semi-arid is covered with different types of vegetation that don't need to be so conscious of preserving water. It would be nice if some day the game could represent the two regions more distinctly they really are very different from each other.

jontsuba
Donation rank:

08 Nov 2017 17:07

Callipso
Donation rank:

08 Nov 2017 22:18

That is a good set of maps you have there. the Eco-regions maps shows you classifications of regions based on a conservation stand point, its largely focused on ecological systems so resources toward preserving the landscape can be targeted most efficiently. there are several levels of detail that are made public, level I is very basic and general preferring an overall comparison of the regions, this detail increases till you get to level IV which is basically trying to differentiate regions very locally and how they are individually different from each other.

Take a level IV map of Arizona for instance, this shows you those regions very intimately, even sub-dividing the major number groups into how they are presented over the state. the poster images have the legend information.
Ecoregion Download Files by State - Region 9

This is the kind of research they could use to make things so much more life like on the map even at the small scale they are using.

I suggest using the by state level III and IV maps they are most detailed and give you the most information, its a great source of info on the topic of vegetation and landscapes.
Level III and IV Ecoregions by State

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information