Status of the Promods for ATS

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
smith121363
Donation rank:

13 Nov 2017 04:56

I will bet that they don't. I am willing to bet that they will not get very far outside the released areas if at all. And why should they? SCS has 2 teams working on separate expansions. I feel like that we will start getting a new expansion every 6 months as these 2 teams get rolling. But I could be totally wrong in all of this. ProMods might release all the "lower" 48 states next week and Canada the week after closely followed by Mexico. And it might take SCS another 2 years to release another expansion. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

P.S. It's ready when it's ready.

Shiva

13 Nov 2017 06:04

My guess is that ProMods ATS will improve the ATS maps released.
And maybe add other stuff too.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

JediTrucker_101
Donation rank:

22 Nov 2017 12:02

Without an excellent ProMods quality mod to greatly enhance ATS, given that it takes SCS 10 months to map a state, then ATS is dying a slow painful death and will most likely lose players back to ETS2 or other games. Maybe that was SCS's plan all along. It will take SCS over 20 years to finish the continental USA. I have a bad feeling about this.....

Mercedes2002CZ

22 Nov 2017 16:51

JediTrucker_101 wrote:
Without an excellent ProMods quality mod to greatly enhance ATS, given that it takes SCS 10 months to map a state, then ATS is dying a slow painful death and will most likely lose players back to ETS2 or other games. Maybe that was SCS's plan all along. It will take SCS over 20 years to finish the continental USA. I have a bad feeling about this.....
If ProMods team will make an ATS version of ProMods, I will never stop playing ATS. ProMods in ETS 2 is very nice and when I found this mod, then suddenly I had over 500 hours on ETS 2.

Nissantruck

22 Nov 2017 16:56

JediTrucker_101 wrote:
I agree with you on that,because it did take a long time for Scs to do one new state,then it could take a really long time to get all of the other states in to the Ats.
I have a bad feeling about that too,but i hope that i am wrong and the Scs Company could make more states to Ats faster in the future,so that the game will not die soon.
They could make Dlc`s that have few states in one pack,but hopefully not use a long time to make them,because they have prefabs all ready to make more states.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

jontsuba
Donation rank:

22 Nov 2017 18:39

JediTrucker_101 wrote:
Well, first the players have to realise the sheer size of what we are asking SCS. All the lower 48 states is 3 times as big as the Europe map (without mods)

About the health of the project... It's difficult to measure. On the one hand ETS2 has a bigger fanbase than ATS, there's no doubt about it. It's been out for a longer time, many of the players I guess are european, there are many more mods... But what will make the game keep alive isn't just players using mods. It's DLC buyers. Those are the one funding the project. So what is really important is how many people buy the DLCs.

I don't have numbers for it, but I'm really interested in the ATS project so I wanted to know if New Mexico was a success or not. And a way to measure it came to me: comparing the number of reviews in Steam for Vive la France during the first month and the number of reviews for New Mexico DLC until now. During the first two weeks, Vive la France received 412 reviews. New Mexico until today has received 376. So there is room for hope. ATS just needs time, the same ETS2 had.

brainiac
Donation rank:

22 Nov 2017 20:07

Mods for ETS2, especially Promods, are key for ETS and ATS success. Without mods, players wouldn't play for long time. But Promods added new dimension to ETS2, we all know what all they added. SCS started to follow their quality and players want to drive on quality maps. The example of latest results is interchange Big 1: they made all details, just less lanes. Did you ever see such interchange made by SCS?
Thing that SCS lacks is rebuilding some old areas, but it looks that they left it to Promods.
I still don't have job so I have to find pirated DLCs, but when I will find job and if I will have high enough sallary, I hope that I will buy all DLCs as support to creators of on of my favorite games.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

bigfoot31415926
Donation rank:

27 Nov 2017 23:58

I agree with you on that,because it did take a long time for Scs to do one new state,then it could take a really long time to get all of the other states in to the Ats.
I have a bad feeling about that too,but i hope that i am wrong and the Scs Company could make more states to Ats faster in the future,so that the game will not die soon.
They could make Dlc`s that have few states in one pack,but hopefully not use a long time to make them,because they have prefabs all ready to make more states.
If you think about the number of states it sounds bad, but let me put a positive spin on it for you.

The 4 states that are completed represent 16% of the land area of the "lower 48". It took them probably 2+ years to do that. And given that as we go along they will have more assets at their disposal and have to build less from scratch, I see no reason why they can't finish the "lower 48" within 10 years.

Tanksome
Donation rank:

28 Nov 2017 02:55

I'm thinking there will be a "The North East/New England DLC"

loupdargent

29 Nov 2017 14:22

bigfoot31415926 wrote:
27 Nov 2017 23:58
If you think about the number of states it sounds bad, but let me put a positive spin on it for you.

The 4 states that are completed represent 16% of the land area of the "lower 48". It took them probably 2+ years to do that. And given that as we go along they will have more assets at their disposal and have to build less from scratch, I see no reason why they can't finish the "lower 48" within 10 years.
And if you add to that the rescale which was time consuming and the fact that the team is bigger now (i assume they will create new states at double speed), it could take no more than 5 or 6 years to finish all the lower states.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information