Status of the Promods for ATS

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Mercedes2002CZ

29 Nov 2017 14:57

loupdargent wrote:
29 Nov 2017 14:22
bigfoot31415926 wrote:
27 Nov 2017 23:58
If you think about the number of states it sounds bad, but let me put a positive spin on it for you.

The 4 states that are completed represent 16% of the land area of the "lower 48". It took them probably 2+ years to do that. And given that as we go along they will have more assets at their disposal and have to build less from scratch, I see no reason why they can't finish the "lower 48" within 10 years.
And if you add to that the rescale which was time consuming and the fact that the team is bigger now (i assume they will create new states at double speed), it could take no more than 5 or 6 years to finish all the lower states.
When they grow up, then (I think) we can expect 2 or 3 states per 1 year and then ATS will not be dead like before the release of New Mexico.

james_kirk

03 Dec 2017 03:13

bigfoot31415926 wrote:
27 Nov 2017 23:58

I agree with you on that,because it did take a long time for Scs to do one new state,then it could take a really long time to get all of the other states in to the Ats.
I have a bad feeling about that too,but i hope that i am wrong and the Scs Company could make more states to Ats faster in the future,so that the game will not die soon.
They could make Dlc`s that have few states in one pack,but hopefully not use a long time to make them,because they have prefabs all ready to make more states.
If you think about the number of states it sounds bad, but let me put a positive spin on it for you.

The 4 states that are completed represent 16% of the land area of the "lower 48". It took them probably 2+ years to do that. And given that as we go along they will have more assets at their disposal and have to build less from scratch, I see no reason why they can't finish the "lower 48" within 10 years.

I agree with you, and probably now there will be two or three states per DLC, with the exception of Texas that will demand a solitary DLC, since it is the last great American state. At the moment it looks like they are working in Oregon State (there is an image posted by SCS itself long ago). I particularly believe that it will not only be Oregon, but Washington, Idaho will be included as well. If they are working on folded teams who knows Oregon, Washington and Idaho are in the care of one team and the states of Utah and Colorado are not in the care of another class.

Image of Oregon State Central post for SCS blog .......

CptCaribbean

03 Dec 2017 19:17

I also agree that they will do a "pack" of state DLC, but I guess it'll be Oregon + Washington, excluding Idaho. Remember that SCS said in one of their newest posts that they've divided the ATS devs team in 2 groups, making new DLCs pararelly. I think that in 2018, for ATS, we'll see Oregon + Washington and Utah + Colorado. Making DLCs with only 1 state would end up in a mess for both devs and clients (us).

Also, Texas could also have a pack with Oklahoma, expanding quite a lot the Interstate 40.
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

brainiac
Donation rank:

03 Dec 2017 19:43

I don't believe that big Texas won't come alone.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

Ranchester
Donation rank:

08 Dec 2017 18:41

I hope they don't abandon ATS. I think ATS has better driving model than ETS2, the trucks have more weight feel in the handling. The map, especially Arizona and New Mexico, is brilliantly done and it feels "right". It has great atmosphere, it's pity they didn't release the game with a bigger map but I think they had pressure of releasing the game. I hope they increase the release rate of the DLCs.

CptCaribbean

09 Dec 2017 13:41

Ranchester wrote:
08 Dec 2017 18:41
I hope they don't abandon ATS. I think ATS has better driving model than ETS2, the trucks have more weight feel in the handling. The map, especially Arizona and New Mexico, is brilliantly done and it feels "right". It has great atmosphere, it's pity they didn't release the game with a bigger map but I think they had pressure of releasing the game. I hope they increase the release rate of the DLCs.
You're right. I also must have to say that the "idea" of ATS is much more better than ETS2. Nowadays I would even prefer an expansion DLC in ATS rather than in ETS2, tho I also want expansions in ETS2.

CommanderCRM
Donation rank:

09 Dec 2017 17:24

Vanilla ATS is much much better than vanilla ETS. Cities and highways are very detailed. Also I like spacious roads and infrastructure. There are no narrow streets, roundabouts, etc. And maximum truck speed is 65 mph which is ~105kmh (not 80).

CptCaribbean

09 Dec 2017 19:28

kopmuwka wrote:
09 Dec 2017 17:24
Vanilla ATS is much much better than vanilla ETS. Cities and highways are very detailed. Also I like spacious roads and infrastructure. There are no narrow streets, roundabouts, etc. And maximum truck speed is 65 mph which is ~105kmh (not 80).
We must consider that vanilla ATS has had 3 updates for now, while vanilla ETS2 had none.
And there are no roundabouts in ATS because it's kind of a miracle to see a roundabout in the USA tbh.

Shiva

09 Dec 2017 23:30

CptCaribbean wrote:
09 Dec 2017 19:28
We must consider that vanilla ATS has had 3 updates for now, while vanilla ETS2 had none.
And there are no roundabouts in ATS because it's kind of a miracle to see a roundabout in the USA tbh.
There are roundabouts in USA too, no miracles needed.

ETS2 had zero updates? ah, you mean the old UK/Germany part. For the map itself.
ATS, resize + some new roads? I count that as 2. or the cutoff Route 1, that could be a 3rd.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Tanksome
Donation rank:

10 Dec 2017 00:54

There is roundabouts in the USA, it just used in residential area more than industrial areas (because the trailer would bump on to the inner circle of a roundabout)

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information