Promods on ETS2 v 1.30

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
edisg
Donation rank:

02 Dec 2017 14:17

ScuL wrote:
22 Nov 2017 10:56
The 1.28 -> 1.30 conversion is actually a lot of work.
I'm no expert when it comes to modding but I am very curious. What sorts of things do you need to do to ready the mod for 1.30 which are so taxing to do?

I appreciate the great work, thanks and keep it up!

KrysEmlyn
Add-on Developer
Donation rank:

02 Dec 2017 17:41

One of the recent posts my ProMods staff members mentioned having to replace a bunch of road signs to match the new traffic rules put forth by SCS Software, particularly yield/give way signs in many countries.
EDIT: Found the link for the post: viewtopic.php?p=195826#p195826.

ScuL
Founder

02 Dec 2017 21:52

edisg wrote:
I'm no expert when it comes to modding but I am very curious. What sorts of things do you need to do to ready the mod for 1.30 which are so taxing to do?

The techy explanation is here:
http://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Games/E ... uides/1.30

In lamens terms we've had to:
* update many lamps/lights because of changes in the flare definitions
* update about 3000 templated navigation signs by hand (due to changes in the format)
* go all over the map and inspect (+replace) close to 10,000 give way signs because of changes in give way rules for AI traffic
* verify all prefab navigation paths for intersections and companies because the GPS works differently in 1.30
* update all countries to support time zones
* update new climate and weather profiles
* incorporate bug fixes (for which there was very little time left due to all the work above)

^^ this entire process has taken a good 4 weeks
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

vulchor
Donation rank:

02 Dec 2017 22:25

So it seem like we're just waiting on bug testing, then, huh? If so, that's great news, we really appreciate the massive amount of time and effort. Here's hoping for a smooth and quick rollout.

Simon83

03 Dec 2017 01:53

ScuL wrote:
02 Dec 2017 21:52
edisg wrote:

The techy explanation is here:
http://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Games/E ... uides/1.30

In lamens terms we've had to:
* update many lamps/lights because of changes in the flare definitions
* update about 3000 templated navigation signs by hand (due to changes in the format)
* go all over the map and inspect (+replace) close to 10,000 give way signs because of changes in give way rules for AI traffic
* verify all prefab navigation paths for intersections and companies because the GPS works differently in 1.30
* update all countries to support time zones
* update new climate and weather profiles
* incorporate bug fixes (for which there was very little time left due to all the work above)

^^ this entire process has taken a good 4 weeks
I can't believe the amount of work you do in making ProMods. I couldn't play ETS without it so I really appreciate all the time you put into it for us all.

Milan1nl
Donation rank:

03 Dec 2017 14:15

Yep, I I'm really thankful for the people who working on Promods!!

I hope that we can buy the ''pay'' version also with ''Ideal!'' Because not everyone like Paypal :$.
***My English is not very good with spelling or something like that***
My Screenshot topic
My World Of Trucks
ETS2 gamer since the first day when it comes out!

harm27
Donation rank:

03 Dec 2017 17:24

@Milan1nl You can't, but you could link paypal to your Dutch Bankaccount.

ScuL
Founder

03 Dec 2017 21:54

You can use Ideal to transfer funds to your PayPal
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Blovesx
Donation rank:

03 Dec 2017 23:12

ScuL could you explain how it will work with new DLC Italia? I read the compatibility for the new version and from what I understood it says I can have but I don't need Italia DLC to use next ProMods version... not really sure how it will work.

The thing is should I buy the DLC or no? Are you gonna do it the same way you did with France DLC? First release the version where we don't need the DLC and then the version we had to buy the DLC to use next version? It's not a problem for me to buy the DLC I just want to know if in the future ProMods will require Italia DLC to be able to use it?

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

03 Dec 2017 23:51

No, it's not necessary to buy the Italy DLC.
Yes, you can use ProMods 2.25 with the Italy DLC. You can just "plug it in" without problems.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information