Italian Peninsula Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
MandelSoft
Lead Developer

13 Dec 2017 10:02

lelux wrote:
13 Dec 2017 09:04
... here's a very simple idea of a new Rome ...
Simple on paper when you know nothing about the map editor. Hard in practice.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

lelux

13 Dec 2017 11:18

I mean simple to draw... i'm an old fs 2004/fsx mapper and i know how is hard to realize your ideas with an editor😀

asev

13 Dec 2017 13:21

MandelSoft wrote:
13 Dec 2017 10:02
Simple on paper when you know nothing about the map editor. Hard in practice.
Sure that it's not simple. You should rebuilt almost the whole city and surroundings zone...

But we know that Promods team can do that and more difficult challenges! :D

What about the merge of old parts of Promods map? What are the team plans about that?

Nathan_A_RF
Donation rank:

13 Dec 2017 14:21

1. The Rome situation has been explained many times now. Even though we could rebuild it in some way, we're way too far away from that stage now, and even if it was fully rebuilt (unlikely) it will not have a full ring. I am ending the discussion about this now.
2. Old ProMods Italy is dead, long live the work done there. We may take inspiration or use a few parts of it in the future, but the DLC is vastly superior.
Grab the insecticide, I'm clearing bugs ~ Nathan_A_RF - Moderator, Beta Tester & Bug Fixer
Florence + The Machine / Fox Stevenson

asev

13 Dec 2017 14:45

Nathan_A_RF wrote:
13 Dec 2017 14:21
We may take inspiration or use a few parts of it in the future, but the DLC is vastly superior.
Thank you for the answer. ;)

LukIT
Donation rank:

13 Dec 2017 21:58

Italy DLC is a great add-on, but i believe that there are some important cities and road missing, especially in the northern and eastern zones of the country:
-Padua (there is an important "Interporto" for truckers)
-One "Adriatic" city in Emilia - Romagna such as Ravenna or Rimini (Important harbours and chemical industries). They may be useful to connect balkans and italy through ferries
-The SS75bis Tiberina, what we call E45, the most important connection between the north-east and Rome, passing through Perugia (another important city that is missing, with the big industry called Perugina) and Terni, with some beautiful landscapes when the road passes through the Apennines, with some challenging zones
-Brindisi
-The complete GRA (I know it isn't possibile to complete it, but many cities have a complete ring)
-2 different version of A1 (Direttissima and Panoramica), the most important highway
-Trento or Bozen, in order to represent Trentino, and the Monte Bianco Tunnels and highways

Nathan_A_RF
Donation rank:

14 Dec 2017 01:07

I personally think Monte Bianco should be included. I'm not sure what the team thinks though.
Grab the insecticide, I'm clearing bugs ~ Nathan_A_RF - Moderator, Beta Tester & Bug Fixer
Florence + The Machine / Fox Stevenson

realdeal350
Developer

14 Dec 2017 13:47

I'd love to have it. ;)
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

enrico.tiberi.71

14 Dec 2017 13:53

LukIT wrote:
13 Dec 2017 21:58
Italy DLC is a great add-on, but i believe that there are some important cities and road missing, especially in the northern and eastern zones of the country:
-Padua (there is an important "Interporto" for truckers)
-One "Adriatic" city in Emilia - Romagna such as Ravenna or Rimini (Important harbours and chemical industries). They may be useful to connect balkans and italy through ferries
-The SS75bis Tiberina, what we call E45, the most important connection between the north-east and Rome, passing through Perugia (another important city that is missing, with the big industry called Perugina) and Terni, with some beautiful landscapes when the road passes through the Apennines, with some challenging zones
-Brindisi
-The complete GRA (I know it isn't possibile to complete it, but many cities have a complete ring)
-2 different version of A1 (Direttissima and Panoramica), the most important highway
-Trento or Bozen, in order to represent Trentino, and the Monte Bianco Tunnels and highways
You can check here too, my friend... ENJOY! ;)

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... 656338&z=6
🎓 Linguistic and cultural mediation student (Università per stranieri di Siena) 🇬🇧 🇩🇪 🇪🇸

⚽ Unione Sportiva Grosseto 1912 ⚽

🚛 Independent truck driver 🇮🇹

Shiva

14 Dec 2017 14:24

enrico.tiberi.71, some cities on that list could be possible.
Others I see no way to fit in.

lelux wrote:
10 Dec 2017 16:34
Shiva wrote:
10 Dec 2017 12:52
Brindisi, that I do agree on. But it is quite close to Taranto.
Cerano power plant in southern Italy? where? I can not find it.

You can find Cerano about 10 chilometers south of Brindisi, along the adriatic coast. For information, chimney high is about 180 meters!
Ahh.... There! Lido Cerano
Thank You.
Centrale Termoelettrica ENEL Federico II. On google maps

This road might fit? E90 would need to be shortened a lot.
Interchanges to add?:
Brindisi Centro
Brindisi Porta Lecce
Tuturaron

Anyway, either with or without the Powerplant, the harbour would have possibilities for hotel and delivery points.
But more than quite possible that Brindisi would visit the sea.

Future will tell if Brindisi finds the way to ProMods Italy.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information