Remote Company in Kirkenes

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
juncaoPHI

28 Dec 2017 11:59

Guys,

I visited one of company in Kirkenes (I forgot its name) but it's located in isolated forest with not only winding and twisty road, but also almost impassable when carrying trailer. The company is actually not in Kirkenes (Norway) but in fact in the middle of scenic route, I passed border post and control of Russia.

My question:
How is possible there's a company with very difficult road to traverse? let alone with trailer. I think for the next update, this company should be moved to the area that is more accessible.

The route toward this company is no different with F Road in Iceland. But in my opinion, this scenic route inside the forest is more difficult that those two F Roads in Iceland.

Thanks

Greetings from Indonesia
Happy Trucking---------Goes Around Europe
Greetings From Indonesia

CommanderCRM
Donation rank:

28 Dec 2017 12:06

Can you provide coordinates or screenshot? It`s very difficult to guess exactly what kind of company is this without additional information.

Vøytek
Developer

28 Dec 2017 14:13

This road was released in ProMods 2.1, about 1.5 year ago. I tested it myself during beta-testing, with a 4x2 Scania + 25t cargo. It's possible to do it ;)
It won't be modified, because most of our players really like the challenge.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

juncaoPHI

28 Dec 2017 16:33

kopmuwka wrote:
28 Dec 2017 12:06
Can you provide coordinates or screenshot? It`s very difficult to guess exactly what kind of company is this without additional information.
It's called Nordkak or something. In map, its road is twisty and had Jeep symbol, meaning the road is for 4*4 vehicle.

@Vøytek yeah it's challenging if many like it, just don't modify. I personally still like those two F Road in Iceland. What 25T cargo did u deliver when testing this road in previous version? Just wonder, hope it's not something oversize.
Greetings From Indonesia

Vøytek
Developer

28 Dec 2017 16:51

As I said, I was testing it somewhere in June-July 2016, I think. Before 2.1 was released.
I started a job from that quarry. 25t was the heaviest cargo back then. And I had trouble at some spots but when you switch from automatic to manual gearbox you'll be able to drive up that road ;) (manual gearbox is sometimes required in Iceland too)

I did it with only 4x2 and with the heaviest cargo to be sure, that our players won't get stuck there. If I had a 6x4 truck with 5t cargo, it would be a stupid test, right?

I can check it again. Maybe SCS changed the physics of trucks and it's no longer possible. But there were no reports yet.
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52

peniu
Donation rank:

28 Dec 2017 23:11

I think the road to the company is great and challenging, but there should be a place to rest at the end. It would be very useful.

Vøytek
Developer

28 Dec 2017 23:12

That's true indeed ;)
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52

Shiva

29 Dec 2017 01:13

Only thing that road needs, is city timemode, currently it is in highway mode.
Highway time = time runs fast! AND the distance is.... far away from realistic.
City time = time runs OK AND the distance would be way more realistic.
Then no need for adding a restplace.

Ages ago when I drove it, some very low trailer was a bit problematic in 1 curve, but doable.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

juncaoPHI

29 Dec 2017 11:43

Shiva wrote:
29 Dec 2017 01:13
Only thing that road needs, is city timemode, currently it is in highway mode.
Highway time = time runs fast! AND the distance is.... far away from realistic.
City time = time runs OK AND the distance would be way more realistic.
Then no need for adding a restplace.

Ages ago when I drove it, some very low trailer was a bit problematic in 1 curve, but doable.
Ya that's true indeed. Ohya, why don't the developers make the company somewhere in Iceland's F Roads? I remember only on company there. The routes are also challenging. I tried with my Scania and Mercedes. It went well.
Greetings From Indonesia

Darkfizch
Donation rank:

29 Dec 2017 19:12

Probably because trucks aren't meant to go there so it wouldn't make much sense (realism wise) to have truck transport companies on those roads.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information