Special Transport DLC compatibility

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
AssassinLV
Donation rank:

29 Dec 2017 12:04

Kuszotke wrote:
28 Dec 2017 20:42
Posting an official announcement about ST <> ProMods incompatibility and pinning it in a well-visible place (front page?) would be a good idea, don't you think?

Aaand also posting progress updates in that announcement thread. Would help with all the questions and spam.
I would second this... Probably the Special Cargo Route would be a good candidate of an official ProMods "Projects" just like "Cabin Accessory" and "Assets improvements" projects. :)
Mom says to son.
Hey son - can you go to the shop and buy the milk, if they have eggs - buy six.
Sure.
Son goes to the shop and buys six packs of milk and goes back home.
Why did you buy six packs of milk?
Because - they had eggs. And you told me to buy six - if they had eggs.

fikri.noh

29 Dec 2017 18:42

[quote=Vøytek post_id=201176 time=1514053670 user_id=24038]
What do you mean by "AI traffic routes"?
[/quote]

I mean, is creating the ST routes are like creating paths from A to B? Like "build the road to make the truck drive from one location to another"?

erkinalp

29 Dec 2017 19:21

Yes, special cargo follows a pre-arranged route just like IRL.
Cargo ideas: Locomotives, Airbus A380 body, large windmill, large pipe, mining truck

fikri.noh

29 Dec 2017 19:40

erkinalp wrote:
29 Dec 2017 19:21
Yes, special cargo follows a pre-arranged route just like IRL.
Cargo ideas: Locomotives, Airbus A380 body, large windmill, large pipe, mining truck
Ok.

mo158

02 Jan 2018 10:34

marco_kleijn wrote:
27 Dec 2017 11:39
Hi Everyone,

When I've ProMods 2.25 enabled, Special Cargo jobs do not show up in the Freight Market overview. The Special Cargo icon is also missing from the job filter on the left hand side of the screen.

If I disable Promods 2.25 (I can leave the Promods Trailer and Company Pack and Rusmap enabled without any problems) in the mod manager Special Cargo jobs appear in the Freight Market overview and the icon is also present in the job filter.

I'm running the latest version of ETS2 (1.30.2.2), Promods 2.25, Promods TCP 1.15, Rusmap 1.75. I've got the East, North, France, Italy, Heavy Cargo, High Power and Special Cargo DLC installed.
You should read this topic before you post mate...

lighthousepoet

02 Jan 2018 18:26

While you are working on the compatibility of the Special Transport DLC could you also have a look at making a small amendment to the Channel Tunnel Folkestone and Calaise entry areas and put in a weigh bridge or weight restriction signage......just for the the unfortunate folk that do not realise that the tunnel trains have a weight restriction and to get them to use the alternative Dover and Calaise ferry crossings. As things stand at present you can board the trains but at the other side the tractor and trailer units get severely damaged as if the train had crashed.

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

03 Jan 2018 05:22

The Special Transport DLC has completely defined routes and you fail if you leave the route. There are currently no routes across the Channel, it's unlikely that oversize cargo would cross the channel using a ferry and it's not know whether a Special Transport job using a ferry would even work.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

lighthousepoet

03 Jan 2018 12:09

jdenm8 wrote:
03 Jan 2018 05:22
The Special Transport DLC has completely defined routes and you fail if you leave the route. There are currently no routes across the Channel, it's unlikely that oversize cargo would cross the channel using a ferry and it's not know whether a Special Transport job using a ferry would even work.
I was not only referring to Special Transport DLC but also to Heavy Cargo DLC especially the Locomotive transporter, which appears to be outwith the weight restrictions for the Tunnel Crossing. BTW there are 2 locations in UK for Special Transport DLC and they are Sheffield and Glasgow so the route off the Island, if indeed there is one; must be by Ferry. Here is the list for Special Transport: Kosice,Linkopping,Nantes,Luxembourg,Olstyn,Stavanger,Sheffield,Berlin, Reims,Dresden,Dortmund,Praha,Glasgow,Munchen,Bratislava,Koln and Brussels. I have not tried this DLC yet as I much prefer the Promods map, therefore , I am not certain of the actual routes and destinations for cargoes from Glasgow or Sheffield.

lighthousepoet

03 Jan 2018 14:56

I understand now; the trip distances are fairly short so no Ferry crossings involved. I can also see why they are so short: if you had to rest or refuel there would be many complications as well as already mentioned boarding and parking on ferries. I have also noticed that once you have unloaded Promods from the MOD manager, if you just click "drive"; you may find yourself drifting about in an unknown world. A way to get over this is to go to company manager and relocate to the nearest garage to where you want to pick up your load before you click on "drive".

CAPLV
Donation rank:

03 Jan 2018 19:29

btw.. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1249446858 there is some mod to avoid all restrictions and play ST even on promods..
// ETS2 v.1.36+Promods 2.43+Roextended 2.4(P)+RSK Turkey 1.9.5+RusMap 2.0+Southern Region 7.9+TGS 1.36 //

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information