Removed Mod left missing locations in game log.

For problems that are not caused by ProMods
supersobes

27 Oct 2017 21:41

I removed most mods including ProMods from my save game because I play on a low end laptop and needed to get some FPS back. Every time I start the game, there are several errors in the game log saying that there are missing garage spawn points from all the cities that ProMods adds. This is really annoying and I am looking for a solution to it that is NOT creating a new profile. I have never used any map mod other than ProMods, so I am 100% certain that these error are caused by ProMods. Here is my game log on Pastebin:
Scania trucks are the best, but the Peterbilts are good
Road signs are just as important as the road itself.

World of Trucks Profile | ATS Screenshots | ETS2 Screenshots

Rudi Raser
In Memoriam
Donation rank:

28 Oct 2017 01:05

supersobes wrote:
27 Oct 2017 21:41
.....that is NOT creating a new profile.
then you have only one solution. you must stop playing ETS2. ;) this errors are not flexible.
but this errors are not ´bad´ errors. they show only once up, and doing nothing bad. :)
No Support via PM!

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

28 Oct 2017 08:11

Yep, there's nothing you can do about it. Once you used a map mod, the garage spawn points are fixed into the game.

If you don't want to start a new profile, you can avoid reading your game.log. Or you can open your game.log in notepad, and remove the error lines yourself.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Rudi Raser
In Memoriam
Donation rank:

28 Oct 2017 10:44

Volleybal4life wrote:
28 Oct 2017 08:11
Or you can open your game.log in notepad, and remove the error lines yourself.
No Support via PM!

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

28 Oct 2017 12:10

you can remove those errors be including ProMods back into your mods and activiating it. Then you also don't need to make a nerw profile
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

supersobes

23 Jan 2018 22:42

I know this topic is old, but I was just thinking, is there a file somewhere that the the game is getting this information that the spawn points are missing that I can delete and/or edit? Or maybe it is possible to create a tool to remove the errors?

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

24 Jan 2018 00:26

Alas, there's no such tool nor editing method.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

supersobes

24 Jan 2018 00:58

So, if the actual ProMods files are deleted, how does the game know that there are missing spawn points and where does it store that information? Also, does that mean that whenever you delete any mod (map mod, truck mod, sound mod, etc.) that remanents of the mod still exist in the profile files?

Josh0

24 Jan 2018 01:44

supersobes wrote:
So, if the actual ProMods files are deleted, how does the game know that there are missing spawn points and where does it store that information?
The garage information is stored in each savegame file of your game profile. The game is smart enough to add new garages to your savegame, but not smart enough to remove garages from your savegame when the garages disappear from the game. But as Rudi Raser said these garage spawn point errors are harmless, they only appear in the game.log when you start the game, they have no effect on game play.
supersobes wrote:
Also, does that mean that whenever you delete any mod (map mod, truck mod, sound mod, etc.) that remanents of the mod still exist in the profile files?
It depends on what the mod does/contains. The game will add certain information to your savegame files, sometimes that information comes from a mod. Some things the game is able to recover/clean-up after a mod is removed, some things it is not able to recover from.

supersobes

24 Jan 2018 02:10

So if I wanted to remove the errors, I would go to "Documents / Euro Truck Simulator 2 / profiles / [Profile ID] / save / [Save Name OR Autosave] / game.sii" to attempt to remove the garage spawn points? The only problem is, how do you open a ".sii" file?

Return to “Non-ProMods ETS2 problems”

• Information