Heartland journeys

Post your own screenshots & videos of our mods here
Noah_Lukas

11 Feb 2018 22:10

It's just 3 houres ago when I passed Heilbronn on the way from Nürnberg back home :D
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

krigl

13 Feb 2018 20:55

Noah_Lukas wrote:
11 Feb 2018 22:10
It's just 3 houres ago when I passed Heilbronn on the way from Nürnberg back home :D
Big time deja vu when viewing these shots then! :lol:

Cheers!

krigl

13 Feb 2018 21:14

Last set from southern Germany today, popping into Switzerland briefly, and Leichtenstein + Austria (again).
Germany is a big country in ETS2, relatively speaking, and with this post I've seen and photo-documented almost every urban area.
Verdict - much nicer than I remembered, thanks to Promods (and Grimes' mods), especially the southern half below a line stretching from Bonn to Dresden. But the north has its moments too...

After leaving Mannheim we went south to Basel just inside the German-French border.

Enjoying some last autobahn driving.

Some quite spectacular scenery in places.

Nearing Switzerland.

Ever watchful...

Basel!

Er...

Urgent night delivery to Vaduz - a concrete section.

Driving along the north of Swizerland and indulging in one last bout of snowy weather.

Vaduz, again. Decided it was too cold to sleep in the cab.

Next morning it was lovely.

From Leichtenstein to Innsbruck... again, with a diminutive cargo - one single Kinder egg model, kept at a steady -17 degrees by Thermo King technology.

Innsbruck by daylight, this time.

And finally, north to Munich.

Arrived!

The arena looks great by night.

So that's it for Germany. Next stop - the "Benelux" countries!

Cheers

Krigl

Noah_Lukas

13 Feb 2018 22:44

krigl wrote:
13 Feb 2018 21:14
The wunderful Black Forest and A5 :D <3

krigl

20 Feb 2018 22:04

Noah_Lukas wrote:
13 Feb 2018 22:44
The wunderful Black Forest and A5 :D <3
Indeed! Great scenery to be found in the south of Germany! Must be nice to live there :D

krigl

20 Feb 2018 22:26

Now returning with the 9th part of this 12 part series - this time in the Benelux region mainly, with some brief forays into places previously visited in northern France and Germany. I've read about this region that a lot of ProMod's developers hail from there, and also that it is basically 'finished' - so I'm looking forward to seeing how a completely revamped base map area can look.

Benelux is of course 3 different countries that for some historic reason connected (I guess) with the early years of the European Community tend to get lumped together. Anyway, today we're starting in Metz in France, heading through Luxembourg and up to Liege in Belgium.

The imagined time is mid-to-late April, so Spring is here at last, in all its radiant flowery glory. Well, radiant on the days it isn't raining, anyway.

Early morning kickoff in Metz. Driving the new model DAF.

Picking up logs near Metz. I'm going to drop them off at another logging area north of Luxembourg. As you do, when once again there are no jobs where you want to go, and you are trying to make a thread about a European tour...

Here we go... looking like a cross between the Annoying Orange and Mr Happy. What were the DAF designers thinking?

Entering Luxembourg. Don't blink, or you'll miss it.

Nice!!

A vanilla factory in the sunny spring.

Moving north. I think we've already left Luxembourg.

The DAF almost looks okay here.

Hey... look what I got in exchange for my logs. What is it? Definitely not Lamb's Stomachs. Well, whatever.

Power station near Liege, which was very close to the logging depot, but the road to it was blocked. Which was good, as I could enjoy some more of the lovely scenery while taking a more roundabout route.

Eventually we reached Liege.

That's it for today...

Cheers!

Krigl

Noah_Lukas

20 Feb 2018 23:00

krigl wrote:
20 Feb 2018 22:04
Indeed! Great scenery to be found in the south of Germany! Must be nice to live there :D
Yes it's indeed very nice :)
But every region has its wonderful sides and sceneries to visit :D

kamilspiew

22 Feb 2018 17:55

I have no words to say how much I like your screenshots :shock:
When I started watching pics from last mounth, I lost my jaw :lol:

krigl

22 Feb 2018 21:43

kamilspiew wrote:
22 Feb 2018 17:55
I have no words to say how much I like your screenshots :shock:
When I started watching pics from last mounth, I lost my jaw :lol:
Thanks a lot, I quite like it that not many people comment in here but it is great when someone does!!! :D

krigl

22 Feb 2018 22:10

Back again with another helping of Benelux driving. I just found out that the three nations were more or less lumped together under William I of Orange for around 15 years (1815-1830) at the end of the Napoleonic wars. So it's not a new concept. I'm not sure what the locals think of it though but I can imagine.

Still, leaving Liege for Brussels...

This statue commemorates a heroic father who tried to save his child from the deadly Sand Rapide Belqique. At the last moment they were rescued by A Flock of Seagulls.

Brussels! I hope the local restaurants don't just sell sprouts. I hate sprouts.

Well, that was Brussels. We'll be back for a closer look later. The modelling/mapping work in this region is great.

Antwerp. Shouldn't it be "a" twerp? That's what Team Rocket always call Ash Ketchum. Oh dear. Please forget I said that.

Really like this one.

Hauling a new cargo towards Eindhoven in the Netherlands, looking somewhat like an overripe banana.

Okay, this is proof that I do actually finish jobs sometimes. I have been level 21 with this profile since starting this tour in October, yes, but very occasionally I manage to avoid paying out 12 000 at the end of every trip.

Found this parking spot in Eindhoven quite tricky. Partly because of being out of practice, no doubt. Still, got 0% damage and Excellent. How awesome is that? AWS-8Q Awesome.

Somewhere either near Eindhoven or Antwerp on the way to pick up a new cargo.

Got it. That's us on the right.

This cyclist was also Awesome. But the weather... No no no please don't let it snow again.

Panic over. It's just an April shower.

On the way to Calais in France.

Here we are.

Missed this last time we were in Calais. Could it be new? I do like Calais, in ETS2, I must say.

That's it for now...

Cheers

Krigl

Return to “Share the love”

• Information