[Central] Free download questions

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
pintoiustefan26

01 Mar 2018 15:02

After i generate my download link i cannot download it. It says the file is corrupt.

bmwGTR

01 Mar 2018 15:36

Hi,

are you using the paid download or the free download?
For the free download you need to download all 7 parts.

If you are using the paid download, try to disable the virus scanner while downloading (some virus scanner damages the archive while downloading).

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

Josh0

01 Mar 2018 16:15

Confirmed. There appears to be a problem with the ProMods Download server at the moment.

Nathan_A_RF
Donation rank:

01 Mar 2018 18:02

Confirmed. We will try to get our server administrator on it as soon as possible.
Grab the insecticide, I'm clearing bugs ~ Nathan_A_RF - Moderator, Beta Tester & Bug Fixer
Florence + The Machine / Fox Stevenson

Nathan_A_RF
Donation rank:

01 Mar 2018 18:03

Currently our download servers are down. Sorry about this; we will get them back up as soon as possible.
Grab the insecticide, I'm clearing bugs ~ Nathan_A_RF - Moderator, Beta Tester & Bug Fixer
Florence + The Machine / Fox Stevenson

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

01 Mar 2018 19:43

Alex1289 wrote:
28 Feb 2018 18:46
Like I said , I tried it on a different computer where I haven't installed anything of promods ever and the number was still there
Like I said - we'd have a lot more reports if 001 was actually corrupted. It is not, you're just extracting it wrong. Read the how-to's.
Nathan_A_RF wrote:
01 Mar 2018 18:03
Currently our download servers are down. Sorry about this; we will get them back up as soon as possible.
Fixed.
Promods Server Administrator

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

01 Mar 2018 23:35

InvalidSudo wrote:
01 Mar 2018 12:40
Listen, ProMods team, I'm glad to pay you guys through ads for the hard work you've done, but why did you make it such an inconvenience to download the files? If I were an admin, I would make the free download options slower than it already is, keep the ads, and remove all those idiotic safeguards. If people were to use adblockers, the server download rates would be awful anyways, balancing out the server costs.
I don't think you understand what it is like running a large site that deals with multiple terabytes of traffic per day on a small pool of download servers hosting a free download. There are many things that have to be put in place to keep our costs down (as this is free). We had to put these "safeguards" in place to protect our servers, prevent hotlinking from many other sites and also because a few people have wrecked it by attempting to DDOS our servers (which, won't work as we use Cloudflare but still...).

When I first provisioned these servers I thought "hey, it'll be fine - people will play fair" but there are many that don't - the load on the servers spiked to the point they were 100% CPU load and not transferring that much data due to people using download accelerators and causing the servers to not accept any more connections from others. I don't consider that fair for anyone. Removing much of the restrictions will cause this to happen again and limiting speeds further will just cause more frustration. Looking at the download dashboard we've had 10's of thousands of people who have successfully downloaded all files so it is working for 99.999% of people out there.

You have much to learn my young padawan.
Promods Server Administrator

AndrewNo1

02 Mar 2018 13:07

i tried downloading from opera, chrome and explorer, same error. i even tried creating another account, it doesn't work. if someone had this problem, please help me

ByBrutus

02 Mar 2018 14:41

I want to Promods 2.26 download but I encounter this problem.What would be the reason ?

JohannesGames04

02 Mar 2018 15:29

When i click on a free download link my browser says it is a reported website for installing virusses. Now i believe ProMods doesn't want to give virusses, but maybe you should use another sponsor website because this way many people like me can't install it :(

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information