Italian Peninsula Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
brainiac
Donation rank:

01 Mar 2018 01:13

gstaraz wrote:
01 Mar 2018 01:05
...Highways and Cities are not very interesting from the driver point of view;
I especially like wide HIGHWAYS with complex interchanges and they are only in CITIES; also HIGHWAYS through mountains, my favorite is Livorno - Nica.
I am sure that there are many people like same.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

loupdargent

01 Mar 2018 14:44

It's a matter of balance.

What i like the most is small scenic roads, but i like to see highways and cities too, that way you can change between different environments and it's more immersive. And from the other side a map only with highways would be boring.

But i think promods is balanced, we have both lots of highways and small roads, of course they need to build highways in priority and than secondary roads if they can fit, otherwise it would be like building a small suburban town in the same area of a capital city before building this capital.

gstaraz

01 Mar 2018 20:19

@brainiac: no problem, it is just a personal preference... I, on the other hand prefer to drive on uncongested roads through the woods, to see some nice scenery like lakes, mountains, seaside... away from the big cities hectic.
Narrow mountain passes where You have to think twice before taking a curve or stop on a steep part of the snowy road with 40T on the back and a weak engine.

@loupdargent: Yes, of course, we need cities where to deliver, and to get a sense of where on the map we are :) , but from what I understand ETS2 is limited for that matter.
But there is a lot of space for smaller roads as I can see... that fore my suggestion.

Talking about Italy, sadly the Big Cities like Milano, Roma etc... are so scaled down that YOu don`t get the feeling how they really look like, or how it feels driving through them.
The only CIty In Italy that is really well made in that contest is Trieste, but there is not much space on the map for cityes like that I think ?!?
In contrast, the smaller Italian roads, really gives You the "taste" of Italy... pity there are very few of them :(

realdeal350
Developer

13 Mar 2018 09:50

Ciao ragazzi :)

During my summer holidays in January (southern hemisphere hype) I decided that I needed to rebuild some stuff I didn't like about Italy. One thing I felt like doing was the A4 between Verona and Milano, as well as rebuilding the northern half of Milano. I also wanted to rebuild the Italian/Swiss border at Como/Chiasso. I also wanted to add the A4 between Milano and Torino, something a lot of people have been waiting for. So, after a month of work, here is the result :D

A4 Verona - Milano

A4/A51 interchange

A4 through Milano

A4/SS36 interchange

Cinisello Balsamo

Pero

Cornaredo

A4/A50 interchange

A9 Milano - Como

Italy/Switzerland border at Como/Chiasso

A4 Milano - Torino
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

13 Mar 2018 10:25

Italia hype! Looks like the Realdeal #punintended

Very nice indeed :)
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Szbastian7

13 Mar 2018 10:42

Superb work.Finally a reconstruction of northern Italy!! 8-)

martinusK

13 Mar 2018 11:05

Looks stunning as always. Great work. Signage looks proper.
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

Roytje2803
Donation rank:
It’s my birthday

13 Mar 2018 11:55

Damn looks amazing! can't wait to see it ingame

id777
Donation rank:

13 Mar 2018 12:27

realdeal350 wrote:
13 Mar 2018 09:50
Ciao ragazzi :)

During my summer holidays in January (southern hemisphere hype) I decided that I needed to rebuild some stuff I didn't like about Italy. One thing I felt like doing was the A4 between Verona and Milano, as well as rebuilding the northern half of Milano. I also wanted to rebuild the Italian/Swiss border at Como/Chiasso. I also wanted to add the A4 between Milano and Torino, something a lot of people have been waiting for. So, after a month of work, here is the result.
Hi realdeal350, I would like you to build A22 in Italy from Innsbruck to Verona. And build cities like Bolzano and Trento.

By the way you can build Monaco and more other beautiful cities in Italy ;) You did it very well
id777 ;)

System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core [email protected] x6
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

blackrider88

13 Mar 2018 12:34

Great rebuilding!
Although, there should be some towns added in the northern part, at least as scenery.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information