Icelandic Bugs

This is where topics get moved that aren't caused by bugs in our mod
Sheol83
Donation rank:

22 May 2016 15:57

Hello folks,

I've found two bugs while driving through Iceland: On the northern route from east to west (e.g. Seyðisfjörður to Akranas) there are several icy and steep mountain paths where heavy trucks with not-so-powerful engines almost cannot climb. You always fall back to 0 km/h, then up to 4-5 km/h, then back to 0 km/h etc. - it took me half an hour to climb up a relatively short segment between Kafla and Akureyri. It might be realistic, but it is also really annoying.

The other bug I encountered was on the same route: Just before reaching Akranes the remaining kilometers display got stuck at 90 km or so and it kept showing me that I still have to drive about one hour to reach my destination - even as I already was at my destination.

Oh, and another bug which was probably already reported: I wasn't able to "enter" Haparanda in Sweden. I drove through all the streets of the tiny city, but it didn't show me that I made a visit there. Its name is still displayed in white even if all the streets are yellow.

JayCetic

22 May 2016 18:53

I've found two bugs while driving through Iceland: On the northern route from east to west (e.g. Seyðisfjörður to Akranas) there are several icy and steep mountain paths where heavy trucks with not-so-powerful engines almost cannot climb. You always fall back to 0 km/h, then up to 4-5 km/h, then back to 0 km/h etc. - it took me half an hour to climb up a relatively short segment between Kafla and Akureyri. It might be realistic, but it is also really annoying.
Please read this http://promods.net/viewtopic.php?t=12466
The other bug I encountered was on the same route: Just before reaching Akranes the remaining kilometers display got stuck at 90 km or so and it kept showing me that I still have to drive about one hour to reach my destination - even as I already was at my destination.
You need to provide more details such as Origin, Destination, the co-ordinates of the location, Road number if applicable and if possible a screenshot.
Oh, and another bug which was probably already reported: I wasn't able to "enter" Haparanda in Sweden. I drove through all the streets of the tiny city, but it didn't show me that I made a visit there. Its name is still displayed in white even if all the streets are yellow.
I checked this and I don't have this problem. Post your game.log. A screenshot will be helpful
Jay
------------------------------------------------------------------
The journey is more important than the destination.

Josh0

22 May 2016 20:03

Sheol83 wrote:Oh, and another bug which was probably already reported: I wasn't able to "enter" Haparanda in Sweden. I drove through all the streets of the tiny city, but it didn't show me that I made a visit there. Its name is still displayed in white even if all the streets are yellow.
It is a known problem that Haparanda, Sweden is undiscoverable by normal means. (see [#3283-#3285][2.0]Bugs I found). However, if I remember correctly, if you park your truck in the city, save the game, then reload the savegame you just saved, I think it will then discover the city.

This issue is not related to Iceland, so it should not be included in this report. Please, one bug per report. And please review the guidelines for reporting bugs: How to report a bug (Important).

JayCetic

22 May 2016 20:14

Josh0 wrote:[ However, if I remember correctly, if you park your truck in the city, save the game, then reload the savegame you just saved, I think it will then discover the city.
You don't need to do all this anymore. It works properly now :)
Jay
The journey is more important than the destination.

Vøytek
Developer

22 May 2016 20:17

There was a problem in Haparanda in 2.0 but I'm almost sure it got fixed in 2.01 as I discovered it :)

Sometimes you have to use manual in Iceland, not automatic.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

tomsun66
Donation rank:

05 Mar 2018 16:47

Still in PM 2.26 you can't explore Haparanda, even if you took a delivery at Ikea in Haparanda directly , it isn't explored.

A minor flaw but very old.

BR Tom
AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, gigabyte 1080ti, 32 GB, 3440*1440 Resolution, Logitech G25

Nathan_A_RF
Donation rank:

05 Mar 2018 17:04

The Haparanda discovery has been a real annoyance for a while now, and hopefully this will finally be fixed for 2.30.
Grab the insecticide, I'm clearing bugs ~ Nathan_A_RF - Moderator, Beta Tester & Bug Fixer
Florence + The Machine / Fox Stevenson

tomsun66
Donation rank:

13 Mar 2018 11:46

i don't know what is changed, but today i was able to discover haparanda in PM 2.26.
AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, gigabyte 1080ti, 32 GB, 3440*1440 Resolution, Logitech G25

Return to “Not a bug ETS2”

• Information