Development on version 1.x (Italy edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
realdeal350
Developer

17 Jul 2014 11:30

We'll if I get bored on that road I'll probably just go on my iPad and go on promods.net ;)
Looking good as always M95. At least you know your facts :)
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

17 Jul 2014 12:31

Maart95 wrote:People who have been in Italy in real life should already know this. Italy has mountainious roads, flat roads, beautiful roads and straight-boring-agricultural roads for example. The last mentioned is exactly what the A13 between Padova/ Venezia and Bologna is. This area is flat, agricultural and has a long straight road trough the landscape. If you have a fast sports car (ferrari for example), this is a nice road, if you have a normal car, you'll get bored about half way, if you have a truck you'll get bored after a few kilometers. There are stretches where's absolutely not any interesting thing to see, there's only large agricultural area's and sometimes a village.

To give you an impression I have a screen for you just before the tollgate of the A13, south of Padova/ Venezia, and keep in mind that practically the whole road is going to be like that.
I've driven this road IRL and it really is quite monotonous (I think is the better word). but, if it turns out that way in the game then that's a good thing. There is no need to spruce things up, just because ETS2 is a "game".
If there is one thing which kills immersion for me in ETS2, it's the map scale making the roads "too busy". One is forever in ridiculously tight turns for a motorway (causing erratic speed changes in the AI). One just never gets to experience all aspects of long motorway journeys. ProMods Denmark goes in the right direction but even there things get broken up by having to change lanes at intersections and road works.
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

Purno
Donation rank:

17 Jul 2014 13:27

Jan Verschueren wrote:I've driven this road IRL and it really is quite monotonous (I think is the better word). but, if it turns out that way in the game then that's a good thing. There is no need to spruce things up, just because ETS2 is a "game".
Due to map scale, those boring stretches of road are already 19 times shorter :mrgreen:
If there is one thing which kills immersion for me in ETS2, it's the map scale making the roads "too busy". One is forever in ridiculously tight turns for a motorway (causing erratic speed changes in the AI).
Agreed. While making Iceland I try to follow the real location of the road, but I avoid making sharp turns. (And I don't even have to struggle with motorways in Iceland :mrgreen: ) AI seems to panic at most turns and intersections anyways...
One just never gets to experience all aspects of long motorway journeys.
Because those long stretches of road take up a lot of map space. It's one of the balances to find. Some people ask for more cities, more roads, more details, but all that stuff interferes with the long stretches of motorways (or other roads).
ProMods Denmark goes in the right direction but even there things get broken up by having to change lanes at intersections and road works.
Yeah, lane changes are annoying, especially when they happen too often. ETS2 default map further enhances those annoyances by reducing the amount of continueing motorway lanes at each exit (most right lane takes the exit, rather than adding a deceleration lane.) For the few motorways I have in Iceland, I'm using deceleration lanes to avoid unnecessary lane changes.

M95

21 Jul 2014 11:42

A13 on the Po-bridge, viewing to the Veneto region.
a13-2-it.jpg
a13-2-it.jpg (118.91 KiB) Viewed 3369 times

realdeal350
Developer

21 Jul 2014 12:09

Thumbs up! :)
Your work has been great so far M95! Keep it up.
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

daniel1562

21 Jul 2014 15:03

even if it can be boring i want it real...hope you dont change it

volker.weich

21 Jul 2014 18:21

Agree with daniel1562. That's one aspect of real life trucking. Covering distance on roads designed just for getting motorists from A to B. Want some exitement ? Turn on the radio !

lykopotoboy

23 Jul 2014 04:48

well even with straight roads i like them when i have an oversize and are safer for overtaking
Connoisseur of all things road, rail, water, and flight!
World of Trucks:

LaFuAzz

31 Jul 2014 11:28

Maart95 wrote:People who have been in Italy in real life should already know this. Italy has mountainious roads, flat roads, beautiful roads and straight-boring-agricultural roads for example. The last mentioned is exactly what the A13 between Padova/ Venezia and Bologna is. This area is flat, agricultural and has a long straight road trough the landscape. If you have a fast sports car (ferrari for example), this is a nice road, if you have a normal car, you'll get bored about half way, if you have a truck you'll get bored after a few kilometers. There are stretches where's absolutely not any interesting thing to see, there's only large agricultural area's and sometimes a village.
it-a13.jpg
I agree it's flat and the most people will find it boring but I drive every year over that road since ten years and I can't get enough from it.

danirijeka
Donation rank:

31 Jul 2014 14:06

lykopotoboy wrote:well even with straight roads i like them when i have an oversize and are safer for overtaking
No place in Italy is safe for overtaking :D

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information