Random events and police cars

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Racer11

31 May 2018 11:44

Noah_Lukas wrote:
31 May 2018 10:53
This isn't a bug the police cars (the standard aswell as those from Promods) spawn randomly.
(IR police cars can drive to their neighbour countries too or in general into other countries they just can't fine you.)
What about let's say a Northern Irish police car goes to the United Kingdom, could they fine drivers in the United Kingdom? considering Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom (Great Britain).

That's the only exception I think where maybe they could fine you? I'm not exactly sure.

Noah_Lukas

31 May 2018 11:48

I'm not sure normally yes because it's part of the UK but it could be different ingame.
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

Josh0

31 May 2018 13:59

Racer11 wrote:
31 May 2018 11:44
What about let's say a Northern Irish police car goes to the United Kingdom, could they fine drivers in the United Kingdom? considering Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom (Great Britain).
I am not sure about in real life, but in ProMods Northern Ireland is defined as a separate country, so by the rules of the police A.I. you should not get fined by a N.I. police car in the the rest of the U.K and vice versa.

OilStation

31 May 2018 15:37

Hi,
I have a question about random events.
Are there always at the same place or it can change?
Thanks for reply.

kowi

31 May 2018 15:56

Noah_Lukas wrote:
31 May 2018 10:53
This isn't a bug the police cars (the standard aswell as those from Promods) spawn randomly.
(IR police cars can drive to their neighbour countries too or in general into other countries they just can't fine you.)
Dutch police cars in France with French vehicle registration plate, no not in IR

Italian police cars (Lamborghini) in German with german vehicle registration plate, no not in IR

This is a Jazzycat bug, delete Jazzycat AI Trafficpack and it works fine.

CptCaribbean

31 May 2018 15:57

OilStation wrote:
31 May 2018 15:37
Are there always at the same place or it can change?
They change.
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

Noah_Lukas

31 May 2018 16:33

kowi wrote:
31 May 2018 15:56
Italian police cars (Lamborghini) in German with german vehicle registration plate, no not in IR
Well it was just meant the cars itself license plates weren't mentioned at all.
If this is the case like you told than it is a bug yes.
(In my case I just told about a normal police crossing the border to another country which was already dicussed in one topic in the past.)
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

OilStation

31 May 2018 16:47

Ok
Thanks for answer.

Mephic
Donation rank:

02 Jun 2018 08:37

Seems a fix is easy as bug is caused by jazzycat AI, one of users on official scs forum posted solution

open Jazzycat's AI pack (..\def\vehicle) and delete: traffic_storage_police.jazzycat_ai.sii
and delete:(..\def\vehicle\ai\jazzycat\special)

yaumeister
Donation rank:

03 Jun 2018 21:54

Think I found the cause and fix to Italian Lambo police cars at random events outside of Italy.

https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php ... 22#p919771

I noticed that all the police cars in Jazzycat's AI traffic pack has:

Code: Select all

allowed_parked: false
When the game generates a random event, it picks a police vehicle from the police car category, but when it picks one that has "allowed_parked: false", it then defaults to the first one on the list, in which case it happens to be the Huracan.

From experience before random events was even introduced, when I use an AI traffic pack that has all the vehicles with "allowed_parked: false" in it, the game generates A LOT of parked cars of the same model, in the case of ATS it was the Crown Victoria, and that happens to be the first car in the traffic storage list.

So by that logic Italian DLC may have the highest priority when the game is loaded (being the newest), and the Police Huracan is the first one in the police car list, so if the game needs to generate a police car at random event and it picks one that is "allowed_parked: false", it defaults to that.

Also when I set the Huracan to allowed_parked: false, the Swiss BMW police car starts showing up at random events, and the first police car in traffic_storage_police.sii is:

Code: Select all

@include "ai/bmw5_s.sii"
So technically if the "allowed_parked: false" is removed from all the police vehicles in AI traffic packs (Jazzycat and maybe the same for Promods), then that should fix the problem.

Tested this over the weekend, seem to have resolved the issue.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information