When AI cars/trucks turn on the lights?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
erbkaiser
Donation rank:

01 Jun 2018 23:25

For cars that aren't scripted to always turn on lights, they will begin to turn on lights when the sun drops below a 5° angle (default value) and turn them off again when it rises above this. So it depends on your position in the world when this actually happens, and on the day of the year if you're using a mod that changes that value.

Controlled by the value lamps_on_elevation env_data.sii.

If you increase the value in that file to something like 7° cars will turn their lights on earlier.

But it's only part of the answer as traffic mods and country definitions can and will override it.

Cars not turning on their lights during heavy rain is another issue that should be solved by SCS at some point: even though the player gets fined, there's nothing telling the AI at that point it should turn on its lights.

Nissantruck

03 Jun 2018 16:13

I can understand really well what you mean,because i have noticed,that the ai cars will not turn the headlights on when it starts to rain.
When i do that,then i will get a fine for that,even if i have my daytime running lights on in my truck in the daytime.
I did use a mod for that problem and the ai cars did have headlights on in every country all the time and not only in the countries where the game makes the ai cars to use lights 24/7,because it is mandetory and after the 1.31 update i cant use that mod anymore,because it will not work in the same way,then before even if i use the newest version of the mod.
Scs should fix the ai cars lights to work more often,because in a heavy rain,it would be easier to see the ai cars,if they had lights on.I mean some of the ai cars had headlights on in every country in the Ets,if i did check the tick box,where it says vehicle/secondary vehicle lights on,but that will not work anymore for me.
It feels strange to me too see the ai cars in the heavy rain with no lights on,because in Europe people will use lights if it rains a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

Rudi Raser
In Memoriam
Donation rank:

03 Jun 2018 18:23

i saw a couple of days ago in my traffic mod that the AI was running day times with lights off, (depends of the weather) but was turning it on where they was in a tunnel. after the tunnel they turned it off again.
was nice to see. :)
No Support via PM!

Nissantruck

04 Jun 2018 11:51

Rudi Raser wrote:
03 Jun 2018 18:23
i saw a couple of days ago in my traffic mod that the AI was running day times with lights off, (depends of the weather) but was turning it on where they was in a tunnel. after the tunnel they turned it off again.
was nice to see. :)
it is nice to see the ai cars when they do that,but for some reason they dont use lights anymore after the 1.31 update,when it will start to rain a lot.
It would be easier to see them if they would have lights on.
In some of the Ets countries the ai cars have lights on all the time,because it is mandatory.
Some of the ai cars had lights on in every Ets country,but for some reason they dont work anymore,at least not in my Ets and i have seen other people have the same problem too.

harikrishnan37
Donation rank:

03 Jul 2018 14:35

Yeah I mean if i am about to change to my left lane and i indicate the AI cars never slow down to my indication and i am forced to slow down.. :?

Cipus
Donation rank:

24 Jul 2018 14:16

Nissantruck wrote:
it is nice to see the ai cars when they do that,but for some reason they dont use lights anymore after the 1.31 update,when it will start to rain a lot.
It would be easier to see them if they would have lights on.
yes they use lights on bad weather and it's all set in traffic_data.sii check my traffic mod or any other decent traffic mod
Nissantruck wrote:
In some of the Ets countries the ai cars have lights on all the time,because it is mandatory.
and this is a mistake in my opinion because mandatory lights are big FPS eaters especially in cities where actually the lights are not mandatory. therefore I cancelled mandatory lights in all countries and let Ai drivers turn them on in tunnels or in bad weather conditions ;)
moreover nowadays the cars have 3 light intensity, long beam, short beam and daytime light. scs have only short and long beam in the game so in theory, the law don't force drivers to use short beam during the day, if cars are equipped with daytime lights they are fine ;)
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

Nissantruck

24 Jul 2018 17:04

I did change the way how the ai cars use lights in the daytime by changing the def files in the game itself,because i did notice that the ai cars in the Ets and Ats will not use lights in the daytime even if it will start to rain.I did notice that after the 1.31 update.
Only the countries that will have the mandatory lights on did use lights in the daytime and the other countries ai cars did not do that even if it did rain even when i have the tick box in the options menu on from where it should make at least some of the ai cars use driving lights on in the daytime,but that doesn't work like that anymore.Now the ai cars have lights on in the daytime in my Ets.

I dont need a mod for that now,because i did change the def file by my self.

I dont think that it is a mistake to make the ai cars to use lights in the daytime,because they can be seen better escpecially,when it is raining or it is really cloudy,if the ai cars could use daytime running lights in the daytime,then they would be seen even better then when they would have only driving lights on.

Many of the trucks,that the players of the Ets can use(not the Ats no DRL`S in any of the trucks)will have daytime running lights on,when the lights switch in the truck is in the off position.It would be nice,if the ai cars could have DRL`s on in the daytime like the irl cars will have in the real life off course not all,but many will have them on and you are right,the law cant make you or me to use driving lights/headlights in the daytime,if you have daytime running lights/DRL`s in your car my car has them too,but the law will say that you cant use only the DRL`S if the weather is bad in the daytime,because then you must have your driving lights on at least the law is like,that in Finland.

Cipus
Donation rank:

26 Jul 2018 10:40

Nissantruck wrote:
24 Jul 2018 17:04
I dont think that it is a mistake to make the ai cars to use lights in the daytime,because they can be seen better escpecially,when it is raining or it is really cloudy
that's the whole idea, in my game Ai uses lights only during the night and during bad weather, so it is working well in 1.31!
I find actually nicer to see Ai turning on lights on bad weather and off when it's sunny, rather than keep them all day long turned on, and it's also releasing a bit the pressure on the GPU, so that's why in my game I have mandatory lights on false in every country :lol:
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

Belol01
Donation rank:

10 May 2019 11:26

The headlights light hardly bothers me when driving, but what annoys me is the tail light of the cars and trucks. They are hardly recognizable and if you are about 50 meters behind them and the braking is nothing more to see. Can not you do something there, or is there a mod for it?

---------------------------------------

Das Scheinwerfer licht stört mich beim Fahren kaum , was mich aber ärgert ist das Rücklicht der Autos und LKW. Die sind kaum zu erkennen und wenn man etwa 50 meter hinter denen ist und die bremsen ist garnichts mehr zu erkennen. Kann man da nicht etwas machen , oder gibt es eine Mod dafür ?

FreFa

05 Sep 2019 13:36

Does anyone know if there's a mod that forces cars to switch off their lights during daytime? It just looks so stupid when i'm the only one not having them on..... And no, i dont want to switch them on :)
Besides that daytime lights are pointless, i hate the visual implementation of lights during the day in ETS2 (especially the light beams on the street etc...).

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information