Truck ( weigh ) scales?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
frodeskibrek
Donation rank:

24 Aug 2013 05:07

Norway also has weighing stations, often one in every county....Sweden and Denmark too...

Killerhangar
Donation rank:

24 Aug 2013 08:21

But in the States, trucks have to go through scales if the facility is open, right? But in Europe, is it necessary or does police just select the vehicles from the traffic and lead them to the scales randomly?

And what come to Finland, i have only seen scales at factory/harbour gates.

Cadde

24 Aug 2013 12:06

I don't think they are mandatory in Europe, what is mandatory is following the police instructions and if they instruct you to a weight control then you do so.
But all this discussion on them is pointless if the game doesn't even simulate weight that way. You can't overload a trailer intentionally and you can't remove stuff from your trailer should it be overweight.
There is no functionality in game to detect if your trailer weighs 5 tons or 20 tons so i don't see the point of the discussion in terms of this mod.

If it was in an "off topic" area however that would make more sense but this is questions and feedback on the mod itself and weight is irrelevant.
Just as irrelevant as including every offramp that exist in real life on the highways between cities, there are plenty of those "missing".

busterbrown

25 Aug 2013 01:49

@cadde,

OOOH yes I remember those ( whew, glad I was in the limit ). Sorry but I was so used to the German style over the highway with the radar on top.
Just like first time I went to the UK map did I see the "Grey Box" looking at me in a 30KPH zone, of course I was doing about 60. :roll:

30KPH, geeze thats only 18 MPH in the States. Only place speed limits are like that here are maybe school zones ( 15 MPH )

Very glad this Sim is out as I'm learning a few things about your land.

ETS2 just keeps getting better and better. :D
Win7 16 GB Memory. Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatality. Logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker System. EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 Graphic card. Corsair 750 watt Power supply. AMD Phenom II Black edition 965 3.4 GHz.four core processor.

Killerhangar
Donation rank:

25 Aug 2013 01:57

Well, 30kph is usual around schools etc in Finland... Remember that truck max velocity is 80km/h in the EU, altough all limiters are setted to speeds around 90. With buses/coaches (choose which one you want) max velocity is 100kph and the limiters are setted to 100kph

Cadde

25 Aug 2013 02:12

The 30 kph you saw in the UK is a 30 MPH limit. That translates to 48 kph but going 50 is fine too.

So the quick and easy translation is:

30 = 50
50 = 80
60 = 90 (but 100 is ok too)

And if there are "no limits" (those signs with a diagonal slash in them) that means you can go as fast as you'd like because there's not going to be any radars in those places anyways. But i would guess the actual limit would be 130 kph in those areas as they are in the rest of Europe and ETS2 maps have 50, 90 and 130 roads.
I don't know if this mod adds more speed limits though. Just the signs are new. (70, 80, 100, 110, 120 etc)

The the point of this post is that in the UK the signs are actually in mph.

Gazer75
Donation rank:

31 Aug 2013 01:29

I believe weight checks are done by the Norwegian Public Road Administration(NPRA), and not the police here.

frodeskibrek
Donation rank:

31 Aug 2013 05:20

Cadde wrote:
And if there are "no limits" (those signs with a diagonal slash in them) that means you can go as fast as you'd like because there's not going to be any radars in those places anyways.
That sign you are refering to,tell you that you can go to the HIGHEST legal limit,stated at the border-signs. Do NOT mislead people...We have those signs in Norway too...

Cadde

31 Aug 2013 05:50

frodeskibrek wrote:
Cadde wrote:
And if there are "no limits" (those signs with a diagonal slash in them) that means you can go as fast as you'd like because there's not going to be any radars in those places anyways.
That sign you are refering to,tell you that you can go to the HIGHEST legal limit,stated at the border-signs. Do NOT mislead people...We have those signs in Norway too...
Well, yeah. That's what i meant. There is no localized limit, use the national one.
Still, one can go flat out in game because it's highly unlikely you will be see a radar in those places.

frodeskibrek
Donation rank:

31 Aug 2013 20:32

Cadde wrote:
frodeskibrek wrote:
Cadde wrote:
Well, yeah. That's what i meant. There is no localized limit, use the national one.
Still, one can go flat out in game because it's highly unlikely you will be see a radar in those places.
now we are on the same page :-) I Agree :-) INGAME you can go flat out ;)

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information