Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Arvidsson-Källqvist
Donation rank:

27 Jun 2018 21:55

No worries, we know you work hard to make the best out of the vanilla mess that used to be there, and compared to that it's definetly better. But me for ex. I use this strech of the A1 almost daily and I really got used to the PM look, so it's a bit hard to swallow it at the moment. Because even tho it's technicaly looks dated now in promods, it's still accurate, having that big open space between HH and HB, the Ostetal/Sittensen rest place, then after Bremen the small wooden area, probably representing the region between Wildeshausen and Cloppenburg (when I first driven there in pm I instantly recognized it even tho I only been there like 3 times in RL) So I'm just a bit worried that it's soon gonna be over. But still, as I said, I'm sure eventually it'll get better. Just keep it as realistic as possible ;)
Company: David Kiesch International Transport & Spedition SRL
Headquarter: Cluj-Napoca
Truck: 2021 Volvo FH500 Globetrotter XL
Numberplate: CJ 21 WLX

Shiva

28 Jun 2018 06:17

SCS has to be more thoroughful with low end PC's too, I think.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

realmadrid1902

28 Jun 2018 13:32

Yes they must make ets2 works on low end pc
ProMods user since: 2.15.
PC specs: I don't like to say them.
Langauges: a bit FR Image , EN Image and AR. Busy with School!

TimmyTurner95

29 Jun 2018 22:04

After watching the other videos from SCS where they showed new Germany, I can say Germany is disappointing, and the following
updates including southern Germany won't be much better.

- A20 not extended to Szczecin, at Kreuz Rostock, A20 is above A19 irl nad not below( as SCS mapped it), and the landscape along the A20 not realistic
- only driveable part of Hamburg is theold industrial area near the harbour which has not really been rebuilt and only received cosmetics,
why is exit Othmarschen and city center closed ?
. most of the interchanges just recycled from dlc it or fr
- Berlin not rebuilt
- countryside not realistic (not flat enough and many things left as before)

but there were also some good things
- Lübeck-Travemünde harbour
- HH-Hafen and Elbtunnel, great scenery around it
- realistic signs, exits with names and numbers

SCS should invest more man power in Germany rebuilding, so they can rebuild cities and roads properly and do not need to do
things like copy-pasting interchanges etc.
EURoadNet-Developer

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

29 Jun 2018 22:33

May I refer to my previous post again?
With the addition that all you see will be shipped to everyone free of charge? Sorry, but it all sounds pretty ungrateful of you...

That the decks are the wrong way around on the BAB19 and BAB20 is my mistake (I was sure I've checked that when I was placing the interchange), but changing it would mean I have to rip up quite a large part of the landscape, which basically means days of work to be redone again. And I ain't got time for that right now.

Northern Germany has been flattened a lot. It's a huge improvement compared to what had been there before and I did my darnest best to make it look quite flat, as that's how Northern Germany really is. However, the roads are not level and go up and down, which makes it challenging to make it look flat. How much flatter do you need it to be?

You may say that some interchanges are copy-pasted from France, but a lot of these, even when they are "standard", are new designs. Especially the partial cloverleaf interchanges (and the full cloverleafs) are typically German. That they use the same prefab specs as a base are due to time constraints. We've put new markings and textures on them, but the dimensioning of the prefabs are the same. Why? Saves time if you start with a fully functional base that would enable me to do what I had to do for 95% of the cases. Sure, having modular left turn lanes would be great, but that would requite new roads and prefabs that need to be developed for scratch. And we ain't got time for that...

As for the other issues you mentioned, I either ain't got time for it, or the space, or there's simply not enough man-power to do it.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

RobertKNL
Donation rank:

30 Jun 2018 08:18

With all due respect, saying "I ain't got time for that" isn't very clever. Yes, we really appreciate the fact that this is a free update and that manpower is invested into something that we don't have to pay for.

But when you admit that you have made a mistake, and then say you "ain't" (not a word) have time to fix that...

You work for SCS now. I have invested around €150 in its 2 games (and around €3000 in hardware to improve my experience), and seeing that a developer cannot be bothered to fix mistakes pains me.

At Promods you said "it is ready when it is ready" and when a developer isn't confident about his work, it isn't released. And now at SCS you say "I ain't got time for that".

Please be more mindful of that in the future. You work for a company all of us adore (and some might consider the best developer in the world), do so with pride.

Topolino

30 Jun 2018 10:15

I think whe should be grateful for the German rebuilding. Better rebuild it a little bit than rebuild it not. ;-)

@MandelSoft: Do you plan to also add new cities to Germany? It would be great to see e. g. Karlsruhe in ETS2. :-)
Former beta tester (June 2018 to March 2019)
v1.0: EuRoadNet

Chocorua
Donation rank:

30 Jun 2018 11:04

You're doing a fantastic job MandelSoft; keep up the good work!

Robbie [NL]

30 Jun 2018 11:25

I think the new Germany looks great! Due to the limited time it looks less detailed than ProMods does, but it surely looks much, much better than before!
I'm sure when more people get involved in the rework process, the maps will become more detailed, but it's great as it is now. :)

Mandelsoft and the others, keep up the good work! and thanks a lot for making the base map more enjoyable! :D
Last edited by Robbie [NL] on 30 Jun 2018 13:58, edited 2 times in total.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

30 Jun 2018 13:50

RobertKNL wrote:
30 Jun 2018 08:18
But when you admit that you have made a mistake, and then say you "ain't" (not a word) have time to fix that...

You work for SCS now. I have invested around €150 in its 2 games (and around €3000 in hardware to improve my experience), and seeing that a developer cannot be bothered to fix mistakes pains me.

At Promods you said "it is ready when it is ready" and when a developer isn't confident about his work, it isn't released. And now at SCS you say "I ain't got time for that".
You clearly have no idea what time pressure there is on this project and that fixes won't happen any time later down the line. You ask two or three people to map like half a map DLC we usually take over a year to complete with a dozen people in just five months, doing something SCS has never done before. In the last weeks I worked on the project (I was on summer holiday in the past three weeks) I felt the clock ticking away the days I could work on the project and I did my darnest best to deliver as much as I could in a state I'd be happy with. You want more time, but there is no more time. We had to get something ready for the next patch and since everything is integrated already, you can't just rip it open like that so close to the end stage of the project.

There are target dates to have things done and this helps in prioritising. There's some flexibility with it, but if you work on short or med-term projects (such as map DLCs), you cannot postpone indefinitely. We can't afford that. Customers (read: all of you users out there) want more content from SCS. They demand more content from SCS. And this demand does create time pressure if SCS wants to keep on publishing content regulary. That's unfortunately business reality...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information