Development on version 1.x (Current Map Improvements)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
ScuL
Founder

31 Jul 2014 20:54

I'm for option 2 :)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

31 Jul 2014 20:57

Option 4; I personally don't think most people are going to worry about one sign being inaccurate.

If not, Option 2 makes the most sense.

Peterson

31 Jul 2014 21:54

Jan Verschueren wrote:
Peterson wrote:As I said, I didn't know where to post this idea.
How about the France development thread? :P

http://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=659
You know, it's also an improvement. A "multithreadal" idea. Sort of.
But I'll put it there to make it clear.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

Sir_Tramalot

31 Jul 2014 22:55

I know this is a bit of an ask, and I don't expect to see this soon, but could the M25/A2 junction outside of London be updated to include the slip roads depicted here: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.4267061,0.2379126,16z
(There is A2 London bound - M25 Anticlockwise, M25 Clockwise - A2 Coastbound and M25 Anticlockwise - A2 Londonbound.)
I don't know if this is possible, but they would take some time off of journeys, and add a lot more immersion.
Thanks in advance!

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

01 Aug 2014 01:24

That one junction would be as large as London itself and the 1:19 scale used in that area... :shock:
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Purno
Donation rank:

02 Aug 2014 10:30

Ok, while signing the BAB20 in Germany I'm facing some dilemmas and I'd like your opinion on which solution to use. All these shots are chronologically at the BAB20 eastbound (Hamburg>Berlin) near Rostock.

Dilemma #1
Problem: The first exit leads to Rostock west. A tad further away there's an intersection to Rostock east (Autobahnkreuz A20/A19). But the signs aren't big enough to sign Rostock east for straight ahead (it takes up 2 lines), since I also want to sign Berlin and Stettin on the straight ahead signs.
My solution: I'm announcing both the exit Rostock west and the intersection Rostock east in advance. Rostock east won't be on the signs before this exit.

Dilemma #2
Problem: The midlane eventually splits into a lane going straight ahead, and a lane towards the exit. (So there's 2 lanes going straight ahead, and 2 lanes taking the exit). But I don't know the right sign to use. At the moment, I have these signs available for use.
My solution: I'm listing only one exit lane, which is good enough to prevent a last-minute surprise. A "oh, there's one extra lane" is a better surpsire than "oh crap, there's one less lane".

Dilemma #3
Problem: Between the exit Rostock east and intersecton Rostock west there's a pretty long stretch of a 3-lane road. In ETS2 scale that stretch is 19 times shorter, but still longer than at most exits. It's a bit early to sign the intersection already, but not signing it might make truckers change lanes unnecessary.
My solution: Sign the intersection and the lanes as soon as the lanes from exit Rostock west merge, to prevent unnecessary lane changes for truckers, even if the actual intersection is a tad far away.

So, what do you guys think? Should I take another approach on these dilemmas? If so, what?

gregory.huizer
Donation rank:

02 Aug 2014 10:38

In my opinion it would be nice to be able to anticipate early on instead of just before an exit...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... _movie.jpg
We could do a remake; Purno style... ;)

Purno
Donation rank:

02 Aug 2014 11:13

gregory.huizer wrote:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... _movie.jpg
We could do a remake; Purno style... ;)
That's not a bad idea actually

ScaleStrait

02 Aug 2014 11:26

In the second video, Isn't that sign you knocked wrong?

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

02 Aug 2014 12:43

yjyfgj wrote:In the second video, Isn't that sign you knocked wrong?
It's a placeholder, yes.
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information